V2 Switch won't boot into OFW (Blank screen)

cmfox10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V2 Switch
Rp2040 clone chip
Newest OFW
Newest Atmosphere build

Was running perfectly fine and had no issues booting into OFW until recently.
I noticed this issue after installing Ubuntu but it may have been coincidence as I had already been successfully running Android and Lakka.

When I try to boot OFW from Hekate it will give me a blank screen. Same as if I try to boot with vol+/- held.

The chip starts blue and gives a quick flash of what I believe is white, then blank screen.

What I've tried:
Tried with and without memory card.
Tried booting from Hekate and hardware Vol+/-

Ran eMMC benchmark and it looked normal.
Samsung eMMC.

Not sure what is next on my quest to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated at this point.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently gave my v1 Switch to my daughter. I had it hacked so I decided to buy a v2 because I'm not worried about exploiting it. Games are standard priced or generally cheaper, so I don't have a problem buying them. The Switch I had previously (v1) needed updated to I took the hack off it and updated it so she could buy games she wanted. Or at least have me pay for them lol.

So now there are two non-hacked Switches in my house and mostly we both have the same games. All told, I think I've spent about $100 on some games because I had to buy them twice so both of us could install them. So both Switches have all kinds of games so we can play against each other if we want to.

Admittedly I don't think it was worth hacking because I can add Nintendo/Sega games and play them off the software that allows me to install them on the SD card. Also we have a great time playing Smash Bros Ultimate together. Honestly, I think it was worth keeping it non-exploited but ONLY if you can afford not buying the games from Nintendo or if you can add to the games you already purchased.

Most of what you're looking for can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/page-1831#post-10015227

Be sure to read everything carefully and ensure you are able to comprehend it correctly. Essentially Nintendo knew how we were exploiting the v1 Switch and so on the v2 Switch, they took away this ability. Good luck! Enjoy!!

cmfox10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently gave my v1 Switch to my daughter. I had it hacked so I decided to buy a v2 because I'm not worried about exploiting it. Games are standard priced or generally cheaper, so I don't have a problem buying them. The Switch I had previously (v1) needed updated to I took the hack off it and updated it so she could buy games she wanted. Or at least have me pay for them lol.

So now there are two non-hacked Switches in my house and mostly we both have the same games. All told, I think I've spent about $100 on some games because I had to buy them twice so both of us could install them. So both Switches have all kinds of games so we can play against each other if we want to.

Admittedly I don't think it was worth hacking because I can add Nintendo/Sega games and play them off the software that allows me to install them on the SD card. Also we have a great time playing Smash Bros Ultimate together. Honestly, I think it was worth keeping it non-exploited but ONLY if you can afford not buying the games from Nintendo or if you can add to the games you already purchased.

Most of what you're looking for can be found here:

Be sure to read everything carefully and ensure you are able to comprehend it correctly. Essentially Nintendo knew how we were exploiting the v1 Switch and so on the v2 Switch, they took away this ability. Good luck! Enjoy!!
I'm not sure this is relevant to my post.

I've modded at least 30 Switches but my issue is this Switch will not boot into OFW even though it had been for several weeks.

I'm going to pull it open and check it as this is one I decided to do without my microscope. Very possible something is shorted near the APU.

I felt like my solder job was as good as it usually is but I may have missed something.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure this is relevant to my post.

I've modded at least 30 Switches but my issue is this Switch will not boot into OFW even though it had been for several weeks.

I'm going to pull it open and check it as this is one I decided to do without my microscope. Very possible something is shorted near the APU.

I felt like my solder job was as good as it usually is but I may have missed something.
Perhaps you did miss. Also I have an unhackable Nintendo Switch and to be honest I’m just as happy with it because games are dirt cheap to buy. Good look and thank you for not taking me serious and being polite.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
White is some hardware issue :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-oled-hwfly-mod-chip-light-staying-purple.619556/

Some other things to check :
Did you check that the number of burnt e-fuses matches you (supposed) firmware version?
If the number of e-fuses burnt is too high for the firmware version, the Switch will not even show a Nintendo logo.

It might be some issue with the contents of the emmc.
You could try to dump a backup of the emmc to your SD card and see if you can mount it on a PC.
If that doesn't work, maybe something got corrupted.

cmfox10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
White is some hardware issue :

Some other things to check :
Did you check that the number of burnt e-fuses matches you (supposed) firmware version?
If the number of e-fuses burnt is too high for the firmware version, the Switch will not even show a Nintendo logo.

It might be some issue with the contents of the emmc.
You could try to dump a backup of the emmc to your SD card and see if you can mount it on a PC.
If that doesn't work, maybe something got corrupted.
I opted to open it back up and check over everything.

Solder points looks fine. I checked everything with my meter and found no shorts.

I decided to remove the eMMC and place it directly back on the board to test. It booted OFW fine. Then I placed it back on the rp2040 chip and it booted fine.

I ended up using some capton tape to help hold the ribbon that connects to the eMMC connection point in place better. I'm wondering if that got bumped / shifted. I'm thinking of adding a piece of foam underneath the side closest to the fan because it doesn't seem anywhere near as stable as the stock eMMC board (since that's got adhesive to a metal shield helping hold it in place)

Anyway, so far so good. Going to make sure I've got everything backed up proper again.
Post automatically merged:

same problem, I installed the modchip and from there no more boot, only hekate...

mine is an oled
Are you able to boot into CFW or OFW at all?

Last edited by cmfox10,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto