Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What did you name it? Did you use the correct titleID and (v)ersion? It should be 0 for a base game. Try checking your file with one of the backup checkers.
Post automatically merged:

Let me align your answers to my questions to make sure we’re on the same page…

When you say, “menu/settings” what does that mean? Perhaps a screenshot might clear my confusion…
i mean the home screen :D? you know when you hit the home button :P

Everything is working fine except the moment when i start any game in dock mode then boom overlay is gone but it is still working in the background and will come back when i hit the home screen again.

"If Tesla won't show in the dock, you need to first start Status Monitor, then put Nintendo Switch to dock.:"
was trying that with no results

https://gbatemp.net/threads/status-...-to-monitor-your-hardware.558505/post-9974854
hmm maybe i need to update dock :D?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad luck couldn't stop here.
I don't understand the philosofy of this nut.
I just donwloaded an update for Bayonetta 3, changed it's name for "Bayonetta_3_Update[keyhere][v1.0.0].xci".
After that I think I click on Organize names and apparently nothing changed. However, when I check in console, I see the name like "Bayonetta_3_Update[keyhere][v1.0.0].xci[v0].xci".
Moreover, when I try to install this, it downloads to the console but then I get an error: Unknown NCA magic (decryption faile?).

Any tips? I found a thread from gbatemp saying it should be fine and install, but not in my case. When I try to start the game, I still get a message to install an update!
You can expand by hitting click to see title updates to get the version numbers of the updates themselves.

136C7C77-B9CC-4FA1-AFAB-5EFB58AA9689.jpeg

Your update should then be called something like this:

Bayonetta_3_Update[01004A4010FEA000][v65536].xci (just hand jamming this so I might be missing some periods or spaces or something)

i mean the home screen :D? you know when you hit the home button :P

Everything is working fine except the moment when i start any game in dock mode then boom overlay is gone but it is still working in the background and will come back when i hit the home screen again.

"If Tesla won't show in the dock, you need to first start Status Monitor, then put Nintendo Switch to dock.:"
was trying that with no results

https://gbatemp.net/threads/status-...-to-monitor-your-hardware.558505/post-9974854
hmm maybe i need to update dock :D?

Thank you for clarifying!

Can you:

1) start the game
2) get Tesla Menu running, start Status Monitor
3 THEN pop it into the Dock?

I’m working on another issue at the moment downloading a HUGE file on my Switch but as soon as it’s done I will try your game and Status Monitor on mine in my dock.

What game are you working with?

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can expand by hitting click to see title updates to get the version numbers of the updates themselves.

View attachment 341291

Your update should then be called so,ething like this:

Bayonetta_3_Update[01004A4010FEA000][v65536].xci (just hand jamming this so I might be missing some periods or spaces or something)

Can you start the game, get Tesla Menu running, start Status Monitor, and THEN pop it into the Dock? I’m working on another issue at the moment downloading a HUGE file but as soon as it’s done I will try on mine.

What game are you working with?

Yes i was doing that too and when i dock it overlay is gone :P easy this is not something rlly important.

Hmm BOTW and Grid.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i was doing that too and when i dock it overlay is gone :P easy this is not something rlly important.

Hmm BOTW and Grid.
Well, I have bad news…

I plugged my Switch into the dock, started the game, did the secret Tesla Menu code and slid down to Status Monitor and put up the Full status.

Here’s Grid in all its glory:

image.jpg

So we need to figure out what’s different.

So just to confirm, in handheld mode you can duplicate exactly what I have?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, I have bad news…

I plugged my Switch into the dock, started the game, did the secret Tesla Menu code and slid down to Status Monitor and put up the Full status.

Here’s Grid in all its glory:

View attachment 341309

So we need to figure out what’s different.

So just to confirm, in handheld mode you can duplicate exactly what I have?
yep in handheld and in docked home screen but later(tomorrow) i will try to update my dock maybe

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep in handheld and in docked home screen but later(tomorrow) i will try to update my dock maybe
I think update dock only works for OLED docks but I could be wrong.

So my specs real quick:

V2 Mariko
15.0.1 FW
1.4.0 AMS
5.9.0 Hekate
1.1.4a Tesla Menu (TomVita ZOT)
0.7.0 Status Overlay
0.3 NX-FPS

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have v2 patched switch and I am quite sad I can't hack it. So is the patch a hardware fix or a software fix? I don't know anything about coding. Are there people still working hard on this? Will this ever be a possibility? And Imao I know I said I don't know anything about coding but what are the main barriers that stop the payload from injecting and how can we break those code barriers?
SciresM who is the one not only responsible for Atmosphere but the leading expert when it comes to Switch hacking has spent over 500 hours trying to find an exploit but came up empty handed. There is currently nobody publicly working to hack the console nor is there any word of an exploit ever being released in the future. Despite all the doom and gloom, there is no telling what the future may hold as similar statements were said for previous consoles. But I wouldn't hold my breath since technically the consoles can be hacked with a modchip which reduces interest in finding an exploit. Not to mention that you can just hack any unpatched console which further reduces any interest.

The main barrier to payload injection on newer units is that they patched the vulnerability that allows us to send unsigned payloads so you have to find another vulnerability which is nowhere near as easy as finding the first one. At that point, it would be easier to find a new entry point altogether.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to purchase a bigger microsd card to run atmosphere. So I went ahead and transferred all the files to a one TB microsd card formatted to fat32.

However when I click on the fusee.bin option I receive the error message “invalid gpt signature”. Any idea as to possible remedies? Thanks.
This is a common procedure. We can get you sorted pretty quickly.

If you are using partition based emunand you will need to do something like this:

https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard

I prefer the Hekate method but the other tools mentioned can be helpful as well.

Reactions: Prior22

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you are using partition based emunand you will need to do something like this:

I prefer the Hekate method but the other tools mentioned can be helpful as well.

Tried the hekate method and received the error message “failed to find a partition”.

I'm trying the emutool method now. But when I am selecting a Target I am unable to select "atmosphere hidden partition".

Last edited by Prior22,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m curious why a microsd card can work perfectly fine but then a separate method must be done to get a new card to work.

Edit: tried the hekate method and received the error message “failed to find a partition”.

I'm trying the emutool method now. But when I am selecting a Target I am unable to select "atmosphere hidden partition".

Use Hekate to format and partition your card. You need a 29G (1x Full) partition for your emunand.

• Inject Hekate
  • Select the Tools tab, then select Partition SD Card, and finally press Ok.
  • To create a partition-basedEmunand:
  • Move the emuMMC (RAW) slider until it says 29 full
  • press Next Step
  • finally press Start.
  • Once the operation is done, press Close and then select the Home tab.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Hekate to format and partition your card. You need a 29G (1x Full) partition for your emunand.

• Inject Hekate
  • press Next Step
  • finally press Start.

• Inject Hekate
  • press Next Step
  • finally press Start.
Wait is this for the old or new card? Because the data will be wiped clean.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think update dock only works for OLED docks but I could be wrong.

So my specs real quick:

V2 Mariko
15.0.1 FW
1.4.0 AMS
5.9.0 Hekate
1.1.4a Tesla Menu (TomVita ZOT)
0.7.0 Status Overlay
0.3 NX-FPS
V1
same file different souce i guess but i change that to yours now
dont have that at all but instal it now

after this i check it once again and nothing change
(my dock is updated)
maybe i need to use older files or update my emmc to 15 :x?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V1
same file different souce i guess but i change that to yours now
dont have that at all but instal it now

after this i check it once again and nothing change
(my dock is updated)
maybe i need to use older files or update my emmc to 15 :x?
Look up that Darthsternie Firmware guy and then use daybreak.nro to upgrade your FW to 15.0.1 FW and see if that helps. Everything else looks good.

Wait is this for the old or new card? Because the data will be wiped clean.

This is for the new card.

You will have to copy the FAT32 data from your original card to the newly formatted card again.

I updated Atmosphere, Hekate and sigpatches to get ready to update the firmware on both my sysMMC and then my emuMMC. I loaded into the stock sysMMC to update the firmware. After the update, I tried to dump the firmware in TegraExplorer and it failed with some error. I attempted to dump prod.keys in case I needed it (I have a copy on my computer anyway) but that failed too. Tried to boot into emuMMC and it gave another error, also stating that it couldnt write the log report to the sd card. I loaded back into stock sysMMC and it also said the sd card was no longer readable with Error 2016-0641.

I plugged my sd card into my system and tested if I could access the emuMMC on NxNandManager and both partitions are accessible and writeable still. This has happened to me twice now and I'm unsure what causes it, last time I gave up trying to recover it and started fresh, but I want to try properly this time. What can I do?

Are you using the lates 15.0.0 compatible version of tegraexplorer?
https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases

Is your SDCard formatted as exfat or fat32?

What brand is your SDCard and how much did you pay for it?

Might be worth testing your card with h2testw
https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Look up that Darthsternie Firmware guy and then use daybreak.nro to upgrade your FW to 15.0.1 FW. Easier than dumping. Same result.

h00die

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My sd card is a Samsung 256gb cars I believe, formatted in fat32. I've had it since I originally jailbroke the switch over a year ago and has worked fine until I've updated the sysMMU firmware. I'll go and test h2testw now

Edit: I updated tegraexplorer alongside atmosphere Hekate homebrew and otherwise.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sd card is a Samsung 256gb cars I believe, formatted in fat32. I've had it since I originally jailbroke the switch over a year ago and has worked fine until I've updated the sysMMU firmware. I'll go and test h2testw now

Edit: I updated tegraexplorer alongside atmosphere Hekate homebrew and otherwise.
It will take a bit to confirm a large card like that but in general FAT32 and Samsung are a good mix. Let’s see what h2testw says.

E: I the mean time do you have another 64G+ SDCard we can do some tests with?

Hello,

I have newest atmosphere and my emunand is on 15.0.0. Now my switch is telling me to update my firmware (i think to 15.0.1?) everytime I try to open a game or homebrew app. This is annoying and im not gonna update before I know its safe.

So is there a way to end this annoying message?

Thanks in advance!

Nothing requires 15.0.0 and absolutely nothing requires 15.0.1 at the time of this msg.

It’s gotta be something else….

Please post a screenshot of the exact message you’re seeing so we can help you sort this out.

Reactions: gemartic

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Look up that Darthsternie Firmware guy and then use daybreak.nro to upgrade your FW to 15.0.1 FW and see if that helps. Everything else looks good.

This is for the new card.

You will have to copy the FAT32 data from your original card to the newly formatted card again.

Are you using the lates 15.0.0 compatible version of tegraexplorer?
https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases

Is your SDCard formatted as exfat or fat32?

What brand is your SDCard and how much did you pay for it?

Might be worth testing your card with h2testw
https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Look up that Darthsternie Firmware guy and then use daybreak.nro to upgrade your FW to 15.0.1 FW. Easier than dumping. Same result.
It looks so easy but i need to ask :D
when upgrading i schould be booted by fusee or just emmc or whatever and i need to just select my file in daybrake and go for it like normal instalation than reboot :P?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks so easy but i need to ask :D
when upgrading i schould be booted by fusee or just emmc or whatever and i need to just select my file in daybrake and go for it like normal instalation than reboot :P?
Boot into your CFW on your Emunand so the upgrade will be executed on your Emunand FW. The hardest part is waiting for the file to download…

gemartic

Trophies
XP
Country
It will take a bit to confirm a large card like that but in general FAT32 and Samsung are a good mix. Let’s see what h2testw says.

E: I the mean time do you have another 64G+ SDCard we can do some tests with?

Nothing requires 15.0.0 and absolutely nothing requires 15.0.1 at the time of this msg.

It’s gotta be something else….

Please post a screenshot of the exact message you’re seeing so we can help you sort this out.
Ready to system update. The update will not take long. Update now? Once the update is complete, the console will restart.

Then I can choose start software, cancel or update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded