Hacking Hwfly 2040 Clone - Do not boot ofw after moving D0 adapter

Bheamut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys!
I managed to install the chip on the console, immediately afterward I backed up the raw eMMC and the boot0 and boot1. I could successfully boot into both ofw and cfw. The next day, however, I noticed that sometimes it wouldn't boot into Hekate but directly into ofw, and the error was D0. So, I disassembled and correctly positioned the D0 (I have the adapter with two pads that hold it in place) and made sure it was secure. I always checked all the values with the multimeter, and they were in the correct range of 500-800. Hekate now starts correctly, but sometimes the cloned chip gives an error = or **= and boots into ofw. I have to hold it down for 20 seconds, and then Hekate starts normally again. The problem is that I can no longer enter OFW or syscfw; every time it shows the startup screen and immediately goes black. So, I always have to hold it down for 20 seconds and go back to Hekate. I doubted that I damaged the eMMC, but removing the flat cables from the chip and starting ofw starts normally. Could the problem be the chip or something else? If it's the chip, do you know where I can buy a new one? Could I solve it by positioning the D0 adapter better? I don't mind too much being able to access OFW because the idea is to use it for Moonlight on Android, but I still want to resolve it. Thanks in advance to everyone for the help :)

superfiege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi there.
What a switch is it?
I would try to solder the 2 additional i2c wires for a low voltage glitch.

Waveshare rp2040: SDA=12, SCL=13Pi Pico: SDA = 19, SCL = 20
XIAO 2040: SDA=3, SCL=4
ItsyBitsy 2040: SDA = 18, SCL = 19

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-03 um 22.57.43.png

Bheamut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry I forgot to mention, i've an OLED switch. Right now i used the hwfly clone cause of the flat cable that easier to install, i dont think i've the precision and skill to solder cable for point like RST that are so small ahah so i think i will keep this for now... do you know valide alternative not clone? (i did not find the original hwfly) maybe in the future i will try substitute the d0 adapter or move it again, because on the first attempt all was fine.

superfiege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Sorry I forgot to mention, i've an OLED switch. Right now i used the hwfly clone cause of the flat cable that easier to install, i dont think i've the precision and skill to solder cable for point like RST that are so small ahah so i think i will keep this for now... do you know valide alternative not clone? (i did not find the original hwfly) maybe in the future i will try substitute the d0 adapter or move it again, because on the first attempt all was fine.
HWFLY is not produced anymore.
So there are 2 options: Instinct-NX and Picofly. I prefere the picofly (RP2040).

Reactions: Bheamut

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up