Instinct V6 OLED Switch only boots into OFW, even after repairing

switch-it-up

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a pre-modded OLED Switch that only booted into RCM around 1/20 of the time. The LED on the Instinct V6 chip always showed the following LED sequence:

Purple flashing > Quick orange blinking > Purple flashing for a long time > Red blinking > Boot into OFW

This error is not in the list of Instinct NX error codes.

I got it repaired by some guy in Brooklyn who claimed to have performed modding on 500+ Switches, so I thought he could fix it. Sure enough, after he did his work on it, it booted up into the "No SD" screen. I tried turning it off and back on again, and it went to the "No SD" screen again. I turned it off, put in the SD card, and turned it back on and it booted into Hekate. I asked him what the issue was, he didn't speak English very well but said something like there was some connection issue under the MMC chip if I remember correctly.

Today, literally three days later, I turned off my Switch to get some files off of the SD card. When I put it back in and tried to reboot the Switch, the same issue started occurring again! I'm incredibly frustrated given that I spent 6 hours traveling to the guy in Brooklyn (I'm based in CT) and it stops working a few days later! Given the temperament of the guy, I doubt he'll be willing to fix it for free, and even if he did, I don't want to spend 6 hours again just to have it stop working a few days later.

I'm at my wits' end. What can I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol