Instinct NX V6 Purple Screen

CidHighwind1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
After Installation of Instinct nx v6 (white), I get purple screen.
Power On via Power Button does not work, only when USB Charge connected the Console turns on, then screen turns purple (With or without modchip top ribbon cable connected).
The two capacitors at the apu which normally should be connected to the ribbon, are missing. according to the forum they are not required.
I have tested the pins on the modchip they all give me the values between 0.5V and 0.8V. B Pin gives me no Beep.
I measured the resistor at CMD, gives me 0.3v and 0.7v.
There is one trace which got broken near apu, bottom left corner (there where you have to cut the shield. This trace i have bridged but i am not 100% sure whether traces in lower layers got damaged too (i did see some copper but i did isolate it). i did test the bridge. Could it be the APU Trace or where to look next?

OLED, certainly latest firmware.
Post automatically merged:

Now it did boot, though it makes some coil noises, but into ofw and immediately failed (an error occurred 2101-0002). i tried to power off, does not work. only plugging off battery worked.

Last edited by CidHighwind1994,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Purple screen is a kernel panic when the APU can't read from the emmc during the boot process.
Some trace is still damaged or bridged to ground somewhere I think.
Note that the top layers are for the power and the data lines run under it.
Also check that you haven't accidentally bridged some of the capacitors on top of the APU.

CidHighwind1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Good, will check that. but why the power button does not work at all (i assume volume up/down as well)? The connector bracket is gone. is it not sufficient if it is just connected?
Post automatically merged:

I fixed the CMD Solder Point. Taped the flex ribbon cable so that it does not try to get off and voila it works, boots perfectly into hekate! Now one issue (which i dont know is an issue) the battery works, but somehow it is reporting 0V even when charging/plugging off charge?
I am ok how it is now, but just curious, the battery sensor broke maybe? Do we have a schematic of the oled so that i can check?
Or does the pmic missing a transistor/capacitor nearby?

Last edited by CidHighwind1994,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone