Switch Oled unresponsive after woopsie with Picofly

Microwave1225

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there, I know "woopsie" isn't something anyone likes to hear when regarding a modchip but here I am.

I've attempted to install a rp2040 tiny from waveshare (while also using the appropriate flex cable for the CPU caps) and the installation went along pretty smoothly, but when I tried to boot for the first-time I was met by short 2 yellow blinks by the chip meaning the RST point wasn't connected, and then the Switch booted into OFW. So i whipped out my multimeter and was confused as to why the chip was giving me this error code as all points were giving me fine reading except the dat0 point. After fiddling around with the dat0 adapter and reflowing the RST point (just to be safe), but I was still met with the same 2 yellow blinks and the switch continued booting into OFW.

Now the woopsie: Thinking that the chip's firmware hasn't been flashed correctly or that it was corrupted in someway I plugged it into my computer, using the adapter board, while haven forgotten to disconnect the batterie...

During that woopsie I also broke the adapter board .

Since then the Switch hasn't shown a sign of life, but the chip still starts blinking and giving me the same error code when i plug in the batterie.

As of now i tried bringing the switch back to life by removing the dat0 adapter (that was probably broken as i only got readings from it when it fellt like it) and detatching all wires from the chip, but sadly to no success.

I now ordered a new dat0 adapter and a new rp2040 tiny (as you can only get the adapter board by buing it in a bundle with the chip).

I would really appreciate some further troubleshoting steps from you.

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
First thing to do in troubleshooting is to disconnect the chip from all the points. If the switch doesn’t boot to ofw, then the switch has a problem with the woopsie of yours.

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The chip will always start as long as it gets 3,3V and the ground is connected. If you're lucky, you blew up bq, m92 or pusb chip.

Check the main power rail and if the console charges correctly (15V).
Try board repair videos on YT, at least they can guide you through. I would recommend to check the cod3r channel, since he's specialized in console repair, he also has a discord channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto