Hacking TempGBA: NDSGBA revival

Do GBA games make your nono parts happy?

• Total voters

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They closed the common register method. You can get a QQ number from imqq [Tencent]:http://reg.imqq.com/
Right the customer will easily choose the better one if there exists. But many of those do not like to read in english.
I see, thanks. As an added favour, could you go to the CATSFC thread and see the first post, and my last post? Right now the text of some options in the Chinese text block are in English. You could help translate the missing text to Chinese and 1.33 would have it. Those who picked up 1.32 may see 1.33 and appreciate that the options are in Chinese again. Translation instructions are on GitHub, linked in the first post.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I see, thanks. As an added favour, could you go to the CATSFC thread and see the first post, and my last post? Right now the text of some options in the Chinese text block are in English. You could help translate the missing text to Chinese and 1.33 would have it. Those who picked up 1.32 may see 1.33 and appreciate that the options are in Chinese again. Translation instructions are on GitHub, linked in the first post.
That block: (Excuse me but i don't want to install windowsgit/msysgit -- it's big. You can update it yourself) [Not the whole file!]
STARTCHINESESIM
#MSG_MAIN_MENU_NEW_GAME
新游戏
#MSG_MAIN_MENU_RETURN_TO_GAME
返回游戏
#MSG_MAIN_MENU_RESET_GAME
重置游戏
#MSG_MAIN_MENU_VIDEO_AUDIO
图像声音
#MSG_MAIN_MENU_SAVED_STATES
存档
#MSG_MAIN_MENU_CHEATS
作弊器
#MSG_MAIN_MENU_TOOLS
工具
#MSG_MAIN_MENU_OPTIONS
综合设置
#MSG_MAIN_MENU_EXIT
退出模拟器
#FMT_VIDEO_AUDIO_FLUIDITY_PREFERENCE
流畅度
#MSG_VIDEO_AUDIO_FLUIDITY_PREFER_VIDEO
视频优先
#MSG_VIDEO_AUDIO_FLUIDITY_PREFER_AUDIO
音频优先
#FMT_VIDEO_ASPECT_RATIO
画面 %s
#FMT_VIDEO_FAST_FORWARD
游戏快进 %s
#FMT_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING
跳帧方式 %s
#FMT_AUDIO_SOUND
声音开关 %s
#FMT_AUDIO_RETRO_SOUND
Retro sound %s
#FMT_SAVED_STATE_CREATE
写入存档 %d
#FMT_SAVED_STATE_LOAD
读取存档 %d
#MSG_SAVED_STATE_DELETE_GENERAL
删除存档
#FMT_CHEAT_PAGE
作弊代码页 %d
#MSG_CHEAT_LOAD_FROM_FILE
加载作弊代码文件
#MSG_TOOLS_SCREENSHOT_GENERAL
屏幕快照
#MSG_TOOLS_GLOBAL_HOTKEY_GENERAL
全局热键
#MSG_TOOLS_GAME_HOTKEY_GENERAL
游戏专用覆盖性热键
#FMT_OPTIONS_LANGUAGE
语言 %s
#FMT_OPTIONS_CPU_FREQUENCY
CPU主频 %s
#MSG_OPTIONS_CPU_FREQUENCY_0
[0] 240 MHz
#MSG_OPTIONS_CPU_FREQUENCY_1
[1] 300 MHz
#MSG_OPTIONS_CPU_FREQUENCY_2
[2] 336 MHz
#MSG_OPTIONS_CPU_FREQUENCY_3
[3] 360 MHz
#MSG_OPTIONS_CPU_FREQUENCY_4
[4] 384 MHz
#MSG_OPTIONS_CPU_FREQUENCY_5
[5] 396 MHz
#MSG_OPTIONS_CARD_CAPACITY
卡容量
#MSG_OPTIONS_RESET
缺省设置
#MSG_OPTIONS_VERSION
版本信息
#MSG_SCREENSHOT_CREATE
保存屏幕快照
#MSG_SCREENSHOT_BROWSE
浏览屏幕快照
#MSG_HOTKEY_MAIN_MENU
返回主菜单
#MSG_HOTKEY_TEMPORARY_FAST_FORWARD
临时加速
#MSG_HOTKEY_SOUND_TOGGLE
音频开关
#MSG_HOTKEY_QUICK_LOAD_STATE
读取即时存档 1
#MSG_HOTKEY_QUICK_SAVE_STATE
保存即时存档 1
#MSG_HOTKEY_FULL_SCREEN_TOGGLE
全屏开关
#MSG_PROGRESS_HOTKEY_WAITING_FOR_KEYS
按下你想要设置为这个效果的按钮
#MSG_HOTKEY_DELETE_WITH_A
*A 清除
#MSG_HOTKEY_CANCEL_WITH_B
*B 取消
#MSG_LOAD_GAME_RECENTLY_PLAYED
最近玩过的游戏
#MSG_LOAD_GAME_FROM_CARD
新游戏
#MSG_LOAD_GAME_MENU_TITLE
装载游戏
#MSG_VIDEO_ASPECT_RATIO_0
显示模式 0
#MSG_VIDEO_ASPECT_RATIO_1
显示模式 1
#MSG_VIDEO_ASPECT_RATIO_2
显示模式 2
#MSG_VIDEO_ASPECT_RATIO_3
显示模式 3
#MSG_VIDEO_ASPECT_RATIO_4
显示模式 4
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_AUTOMATIC
[-]和游戏同步
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_0
[0]不跳帧
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_1
[1]显示1/2
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_2
[2]显示1/3
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_3
[3]显示1/4
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_4
[4]显示1/5
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_5
[5]显示1/6
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_6
[6]显示1/7
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_7
[7]显示1/8
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_8
[8]显示1/9
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_9
[9]显示1/10
#MSG_VIDEO_FRAME_SKIPPING_10
[10]显示1/11
#MSG_GENERAL_OFF

#MSG_GENERAL_ON

#MSG_GENERAL_CONFIRM_WITH_A
*A 确认
#MSG_GENERAL_CANCEL_WITH_B
*B 取消
#MSG_AUDIO_ENABLED

#MSG_AUDIO_MUTED
静音
#MSG_TOP_SCREEN_NO_GAME_LOADED
没有加载游戏
#MSG_CHEAT_ELEMENT_NOT_LOADED
<没有加载>
#MSG_SAVESTATE_FULL
当前存档槽已有存档文件,覆盖已有存档吗?
#MSG_PROGRESS_SAVED_STATE_CREATING
正在写入...
#MSG_PROGRESS_SAVED_STATE_CREATION_FAILED
写入存档失败!
#MSG_PROGRESS_SAVED_STATE_CREATION_SUCCEEDED
写入存档成功!
#MSG_TOP_SCREEN_NO_SAVED_STATE_IN_SLOT
没有游戏截图
#MSG_PROGRESS_SAVED_STATE_CORRUPTED
存档文件找不到或者损坏!
#MSG_PROGRESS_SAVED_STATE_LOADING
正在加载...
#MSG_PROGRESS_SAVED_STATE_LOAD_FAILED
加载存档失败
#MSG_PROGRESS_SAVED_STATE_LOAD_SUCCEEDED
加载存档成功
#MSG_SAVED_STATE_DELETE_ALL
删除当前游戏的所有存档
#FMT_SAVED_STATE_DELETE_ONE
删除当前游戏的一个存档 %d
#MSG_DIALOG_SAVED_STATE_DELETE_ALL
确定要删除所有存档吗?
#FMT_DIALOG_SAVED_STATE_DELETE_ONE
确定要删除存档槽 %d 的存档吗?
#MSG_PROGRESS_SAVED_STATE_ALREADY_EMPTY
没有存档可删除
#MSG_PROGRESS_SCREENSHOT_CREATING
正在保存屏幕快照...
#MSG_PROGRESS_SCREENSHOT_CREATION_SUCCEEDED
完成!
#MSG_PROGRESS_SCREENSHOT_CREATION_FAILED
失败!
#MSG_NO_SLIDE
此目录没有屏幕快照,取消放映
#MSG_PLAYING_SLIDE
正在播放
#MSG_PAUSE_SLIDE
已暂停
#MSG_SCREENSHOT_SLIDESHOW_KEYS
*u 加快播放\n
*d 减慢播放\n
*l 上一帧\n
*r 下一帧\n
*A 暂停\n
*B 返回菜单
#MSG_PROGRESS_LOADING_GAME
正在装载游戏...
#MSG_EMULATOR_NAME
SFC模拟器
#MSG_WORD_EMULATOR_VERSION
版本
#MSG_DIALOG_RESET
确定将 SFC模拟器恢复为出厂设置吗?
#MSG_PROGRESS_RESETTING
正在设置,请稍候...

ENDCHINESESIM

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have received an email from the Supercard Team. See post #2.

This response explains a bit of why the code of 1.21 can't be open-sourced, but offers a solution. It also voids the need to write to them in Chinese, because apparently they can understand me just fine... So it may have been the businessperson advice?

I shall reply in English and keep a log of my conversation in #2.

Reactions: VatoLoco

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada

This response explains a bit of why the code of 1.21 can't be open-sourced, but offers a solution. It also voids the need to write to them in Chinese, because apparently they can understand me just fine... So it may have been the businessperson advice?

Perhaps request the source for 1.30 and try to patch game_config.txt support back in? It would be kind of shady, but perhaps you can get the source code of 1.21 as well, and use that to add game_config.txt support to 1.30 and opensource 1.30 with game_config.txt support, since you can't legally open source 1.21. AFAIK, the only flaw in 1.30 was that it didn't support game_config so the compatibility for a lot of games that relied on game_config didn't work.

Its great we're getting a response :)

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got a reply sent before reading you guys' posts. I did indeed ask if it would be possible to get 1.30 instead. We managed to get game_config working in the current TempGBA, we can certainly manage to get it working again in the possible "next" TempGBA.

If I get the source code, I will trample the current repository and restart it anew. Because of that possibility, I am freezing the current TempGBA.

Mikesahhh

Mikes
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats great that the supercard got in contact with you and are cooperative! Could it be worth asking for their EOS source code aswell? It would probably help with BassAceGold menu that he is making and maybe someone could add homebrew soft reset for supercard dstwo

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thats great that the supercard got in contact with you and are cooperative! Could it be worth asking for their EOS source code aswell? It would probably help with BassAceGold menu that he is making and maybe someone could add homebrew soft reset for supercard dstwo
I agree with this right here!
It would be amazing to see a truly homebrew kernel for the DSTwo!

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
any version you can open the source of.
Right. But what if he told you that all the versions have something involved with the comercial code? =_=|||
[PS]how can the text i translated been called 'Translated by Google?':lol: I know my english is not so good, and i can not change those text too much..:mellow:I'm one from Xi'an. I can prove my Chinese identity. Orz
Also be attention: if you are told that there isn't anything can be open-sourced >>
I suggest you give up the attempt to get it -- even one that can never open-source (if follow their reply).
That is one Coder tell another that he can share the job to you.
But always remember coders easily get annoyed or try put some fault to others, if he is not that elite.
Well it is at least good news. Yes he at least can give you some code. Hope you can do well.

Reactions: signz

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a) Right. But what if he told you that all the versions have something involved with the comercial code? =_=|||
b) [PS]how can the text i translated been called 'Translated by Google?':lol: I know my english is not so good, and i can not change those text too much..:mellow:I'm one from Xi'an. I can prove my Chinese identity. Orz
c) Also be attention: if you are told that there isn't anything can be open-sourced >>
I suggest you give up the attempt to get it -- even one that can never open-source (if follow their reply).
d) That is one Coder tell another that he can share the job to you.
But always remember coders easily get annoyed or try put some fault to others, if he is not that elite.
e) Well it is at least good news. Yes he at least can give you some code. Hope you can do well.
a) Then maybe I would have asked them to send me only the part that can be open-sourced. That would be the gpSP Kai portion and the GUI portion. I would hook the rest in, like FILE_READ and FILE_WRITE, so it compiled.

b) That's funny. I don't know why they thought I used Google Translate for the text, but in my reply to them, I tried to correct the mistake, though not in an angry way... Perhaps your understanding of the source English text was at fault. So your Chinese would look right, but your text would look wrong. In either case, I sent the email in Chinese and Romman knew to reply in English for some reason.

c) First see my answer to 'a)', but I seem to get that 1.30 is not using the uC/OS commercial code, so I have chances to get that. If so, I can recreate missing things.

d) I won't give Romman too much work and annoyance, I'll accept whatever he gives me and let us continue with it. If I should share with the Supercard team the result of our work, I will too. I already have CATSFC to share with them in some time.

e) Thanks! :)

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
a) Then maybe I would have asked them to send me only the part that can be open-sourced. That would be the gpSP Kai portion and the GUI portion. I would hook the rest in, like FILE_READ and FILE_WRITE, so it compiled.

b) That's funny. I don't know why they thought I used Google Translate for the text, but in my reply to them, I tried to correct the mistake, though not in an angry way... Perhaps your understanding of the source English text was at fault. So your Chinese would look right, but your text would look wrong. In either case, I sent the email in Chinese and Romman knew to reply in English for some reason.

c) First see my answer to 'a)', but I seem to get that 1.30 is not using the uC/OS commercial code, so I have chances to get that. If so, I can recreate missing things.

d) I won't give Romman too much work and annoyance, I'll accept whatever he gives me and let us continue with it. If I should share with the Supercard team the result of our work, I will too. I already have CATSFC to share with them in some time.

e) Thanks! :)
a>That should work.
b>Oh it must be the problem -- my english scored 70 out of 100 months ago, in a big test.
c>Ok you're the boss.
d>I'm not using that to comment you.. What i am saying is only trying to remind you of the relationship between you and the official developer -- in case of that they are suggesting you come in their team to do so.
e>Ok.. I think i should sleep now. It's dark outside. If you have something to say, better leave it or send to me fast (PM is ok).

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
d>I'm not using that to comment you.. What i am saying is only trying to remind you of the relationship between you and the official developer -- in case of that they are suggesting you come in their team to do so.
I don't understand that reply at all. To be honest, I didn't even understand your first reply to 'd)', about the coders who are not elite :( Do you mean they could ask me to be part of the Supercard Team?

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that syphurith would to say that may be SCteam will propose you to join they to let access to the source. But i don't think this because the reply you have received seems more friendly and sincere IMHO.

Reactions: Syphurith

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I don't understand that reply at all. To be honest, I didn't even understand your first reply to 'd)', about the coders who are not elite :( Do you mean they could ask me to be part of the Supercard Team?
That's just a reminder. It seems i have bad expression skill in English.
I had been a programmer, working for a company. So it's only a reminder.
Someone may try to share the code. But if you have made it open-source, there will be much problems with them.
Boss does likely never want to appreciate the coder, except those provide the most profit.
Usually it is the salers get appreciated and sometime with raising the salary.
Making anything open-source may cause the boss on fire.
So there is probability of getting a 'Sorry none of the versions can be open-sourced' reply, Or getting one 'However you can use these code privately and publish the precompiled binary'.
When there is mistakes in the GBA plugin they may try to confuse their boss to make him think it's the community contributers to be blamed (right, if not so elite). Yeah but this won't do much bad.
I'm sorry i am thinking citizens perssimistically but you can easily understand why i am thinking so.
I had been told by boss if i can not keep continually maintenance i should never hold the code. I had ever been blamed just because the companion shared me his job but he successfully imputed his failure to my code.
After that i understand why it is so difficult to cooperate (with one not elite enough).
So i told u that's just a reminder.
"Habour no ill intention against others, but nevfer relax vigilance against evil-doers."
If these words make you fell uneasy, forgive me. I should apologize to everybody i hurted.

I think that syphurith would to say that may be SCteam will propose you to join they to let access to the source. But i don't think this because the reply you have received seems more friendly and sincere IMHO.

Yes, i hope so. You're so kindly to try to understand me.
"They may be trying you to join to get the access." -- let's throw that away then, since Nebuleon may get my point then.
It's lucky to be with you here, guys.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, now I understand, thanks :)

I think I see what you mean now with the "elite" comment.

1. The original coder thinks you're bad, but he is also bad. So he starts blaming his own mistakes on you.
2. The original coder thinks you're bad, but he is good. So he starts blaming mistakes on the community and wants them to stop modifying the code.

As for me joining their team, I don't know if I could. I don't speak Chinese. I haven't received a further reply yet, but I'll copy it here when I receive it.

Regardless I'll do my best.

Reactions: Syphurith

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ah, now I understand, thanks :)

I think I see what you mean now with the "elite" comment.

1. The original coder thinks you're bad, but he is also bad. So he starts blaming his own mistakes on you.
2. The original coder thinks you're bad, but he is good. So he starts blaming mistakes on the community and wants them to stop modifying the code.

As for me joining their team, I don't know if I could. I don't speak Chinese. I haven't received a further reply yet, but I'll copy it here when I receive it.

Regardless I'll do my best.
Well..
If he is bad enough he will try to start blaming the community and you. Then they will want to stop you from modifying the code.
But if he is good enough, he will ethically know he has no power to against you. Then you will be free to do your improvements.
>>That good ones i call them Elite. For their HACKER's sense.
Well.. Let's stop talking such things about ethics..

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TempGBA is rebooting! Mods, if you see this, the thread should now be "TempGBA: NDSGBA revival".

I have obtained the source code for NDSGBA 1.21. I will delete and recreate the repository then redo some initial stuff in it with the new code.

whathowisthispossibleatallidonteven

Somebody want to post this to the front page?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
TempGBA is rebooting! Mods, if you see this, the thread should now be "TempGBA: NDSGBA revival".

I have obtained the source code for NDSGBA 1.21. I will delete and recreate the repository then redo some initial stuff in it with the new code.

Congrats.. you're a dev that I trust neb. I am aware of that.

@supercard team: many thanks for releasing part of the source code too..

let knowledge make its way!

Reactions: ferret7463

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hi @Xdqwerty , welcome to gbatemp