OPL beta 2049 fails to launch anything

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not new to OPL, been using it for a while with my HDD and network adapter on my main PS2. Working great. I recently obtained some bitfunx MX4SIO from aliexpress and waited to set them up but now is that time!

I loaded up a fresh 128GB sandisk SD card, formatted to FAT32, copied over 2049 to my mc0 and it boots fine, reads the games on there fine (trying THPS3 and THPS4) but it fails to launch the games. I can create a VMC with no issues. And so began my dive into insanity lol. I got 2 brand new SD cards - 256gb teamgroup and 128gb silicon power - so we have a total of 3 to try.

I've done the following:
  • Reinstall FMCB 1.996 with exfat support
  • Format sd cards - fat32 and exfat
    • 3 memory cards tried - 128GB sandisk, 256 teamgroup microsd, 128 silicon power microsd
  • ISO format games; ZSO format games
  • Downloaded a cfg file in case I missed some settings
  • loaded beta 2049 with an old 8gb usb stick that works fine
    • I have 3 DDR games on there, all work fine with an older build i had on there a while back
  • loaded old beta from USB and mc0 - works fine with the existing DDR isos on USB, but 2049 does NOT load them
    • Old beta does not read MX4SIO - it blinks blue but fails to read the isos on there
  • fat ps2 model and slim ps2 model
  • multiple MX4SIO (i bought like 10 of them)
  • deleted all OPL related content on my mc0 and reinstalled the ELF, as well pointed FMCB to boot the new elf
    • tried launching the elf directly from launchelf with mx4sio support
I've run out of options to try to get this working and it's driving me nuts.

Major update - after writing all this down i tried to launch OPL 2049 from the known working USB drive and it worked with the ISOs on USB. keeping on the same idea, i loaded OPL 2049 from USB and then removed the stick after it booted, with mx4sio in and IT WORKED!!

Safe to conclude that the loading OPL from the mc0 card is the culprit. I'm not sure why. I tried 2 OEM magicgate cards. They work everywhere else, OPL can write the VMC to it with no issue and read from it for the games list.

FOUND THE BUG! its when you enable audio sound effects. save that config and then it either corrupts the save or causes it to be read only or something. clearing the settings and booting without them enabled and the games work.

mad annoying bug.

Last edited by VashTS,
Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been dabbling with MX4SIO too these past few days, wanted to set it up and put aside (and ready) just in case whenever the need for it arises, as i certainly don't need it (have internal HDD with Free HDBoot), and it proved to be more trouble than its worth (for me atleast)..
Ok, i tried with 2 different micro sd cards one SanDisk 64gb and a 128gb Samsung, both formatted as Fat32 32kb clusters (and exfat when they didn't work), got the latest OPL beta, didn't work.. I tried many others all loaded them a usb while i tested each one with both micro sd cards (and both formats), and you know how daunting it is.. After days, both finally worked using the BDM 4.7 hotfix version (found here).
I wasn't too impressed with the performance of the MX4SIO, tried some games with FMVs and they shugged every 6-7 secs, not as bad as usb but still not ideal. Gameplay wise? it wasn't bad, and im still testing it..

Reactions: Ripto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?