Misc Others Television says 'no signal' after launching WiiWare/Virtual Console (pokemon blue works only)

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just a disclaimer: some, if not the majority of the PAL versions of VC releases run at 50hz ,and not 60hz. So if you want to play VC games at full speed then you should get the NTSC releases instead.
Or if it doesn't matter to you, then just ignore what i just said eh..
For Wiiware releases, both of them (PAL & NTSC) are the same so no worries there.
if you have an original Wii model (RVL-001) and not Wii U vWii, you can force NTSC games to run at 60 Hz on PAL Wii by using @stev418's Custom NAND Loader MOD 1.1, by replacing its original Nandloader of the WAD with wwPacker 1.84.

If the download link for that custom NAND Loader MOD 1.1 doesn't work, you can download from here: https://gbatemp.net/download/custom-nand-loader-mod-1-1.37426/

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have an original Wii model (RVL-001) and not Wii U vWii, you can force NTSC games to run at 60 Hz on PAL Wii by using @stev418's Custom NAND Loader MOD 1.1, by replacing its original Nandloader of the WAD with wwPacker 1.84.

If the download link for that custom NAND Loader MOD 1.1 doesn't work, you can download from here: https://gbatemp.net/download/custom-nand-loader-mod-1-1.37426/
I know about that. Though i don't think it'll do anything if the user only has composite cables. Which kinda defeats the purpose imo..

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I know about that. Though i don't think it'll do anything if the user only has composite cables. Which kinda defeats the purpose imo..
I think for component cables toy need to adjust the TV resolution on the Wii settings to "EDTV or HDTV (480p)".
For run forced NTSC games on PAL Wiis the TV must support 480p/480i and the Wii settings for TV resolution must be for "EDTV or HDTV (480p)".

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe get an upscaler if he has the money. my tv, like most new ones, can't support 240p, but I use a framemeister, which is pretty damn expensive now that it's been discontinued and Japan only. it upscales to 1080p. there's the normal pal resolution in there as well, so it most likely supports it. however, I'd stick with something less expensive. those things now go for like $800-$1,000 last time I checked (bought my for $337 from solaris of Japan, the cheapest place to get them, but they're out of them, have been for over a year now). the ossc is good, and cheaper. it also still gets firmware updates iirc.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think for component cables toy need to adjust the TV resolution on the Wii settings to "EDTV or HDTV (480p)".
For run forced NTSC games on PAL Wiis the TV must support 480p/480i and the Wii settings for TV resolution must be for "EDTV or HDTV (480p)".
With either component or scart cables you can run any NTSC/PAL/NTSC-J game regardless of resolution. Resolution only matters when you are using an HDTV, in that case anything below 480p/i won't be displayed (I.E 240p/i).
And you don't need to "force" anything, they just work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With either component or scart cables you can run any NTSC/PAL/NTSC-J game regardless of resolution. Resolution only matters when you are using an HDTV, in that case anything below 480p/i won't be displayed (I.E 240p/i).
except 240p if the tv doesn't accept it. it will be a black screen otherwise or no signal.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if they still sell sdtv.
Of course they do.. Yo, we're in the y2k, the future is now.. 🤙:D
btw, 240p should be psx on backwards. ps2, wii, and up use 480i at the very least.
There's some PS2 game compilations, collections etc. That could be made to run at 240p for better "authentic" quality, though it wasn't mandatory or anything, they play fine on 480i/p..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they do.. Yo, we're in the y2k, the future is now.. 🤙:D

There's some PS2 game compilations, collections etc. That could be made to run at 240p for better "authentic" quality, though it wasn't mandatory or anything, they play fine on 480i/p..
some games will not run at 480p like the mega man collections. it toggles between 480i and 240p. the menus are in 480i, but the games aren't.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some games will not run at 480p like the mega man collections. it toggles between 480i and 240p. the menus are in 480i, but the games aren't.
Yes, stuff like that could and does happen.
But it shouldn't be an issue if you're on a crt. :D
It can also throw off an upscaler like the Framemeister for instance.. Specially if it's like a game menu, item menu etc. In game.. Uugh..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, stuff like that could and does happen.
But it shouldn't be an issue if you're on a crt. :D
It can also throw off an upscaler like the Framemeister for instance..
it does, I get no signal for a couple seconds every time it toggles between them. it's pretty irritating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter