Team-Xecuter Presents SX OS v2.3 BETA

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Jordan9716

Jordan9716 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2015
    United States
    That options not even showing up. It did at one point but it isn't now.

Could it be because I got rid of the folder that had backups in it like boot01 and stuff? It was around 30gb in size.

2. tinkle

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    No, you use NSC Builder to create custom XCI's that slipstream the updates and DLCs into the XCI's themselves.

Attached Files:

3. mattytrog
    This message by mattytrog has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Nov 19, 2018
  4. skydancer93

skydancer93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 16, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, I’m sure that works on the titles I mentioned where the rest of the game is in an update....

5. icegold

icegold Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    got ya, thanks. Sadly as I'm using a mac I think I'll have to risk updating the games in OFW :(

6. tpax
    This message by tpax has been removed from public view by linuxares, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: flamebait.
    Nov 19, 2018
  7. tinkle

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    It does, actually. I have DOOM for example, with the update integrated into a single XCI that doesn't require any installation. So check your snark at the door, mate.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just use a VM for this.

icegold likes this.
  8. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    Any confirmation on whether or not this protects against malicious NSPs?

9. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Well by default it will, as you cannot hard brick from emunand.

10. comput3rus3r

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    people were claiming with the previous on Nand "emunand" that it wouldn't protect you from nsp jumbling up your prodinfo because supposedly the emunand only emulated user partition and the sysnand prodinfo was still being affected. Did this change in this version of emunand? Does this sd emunand copy the entirety of the sysnand including prodinfo?

Quantumcat likes this.
  11. mattytrog

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    From my understanding, boot0/1 and prodinfo are all copied. Not 100% though as I've not been through the emunand yet

12. comput3rus3r

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    we need verification on this. I've asked @garyopa but he hasn't responded. I've emailed xecuter and they haven't responded either.

13. mattytrog

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Wouldn't really be emunand if they weren't copied though would it

14. notimp
    This message by notimp has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Nov 19, 2018
  15. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    Perhaps you are using a substandard microSD or it is flaky. Or you are running apps that corrupt it.

I've had no problems on any of my 3 Switch's.

naddel81 likes this.
  16. comput3rus3r
    This message by comput3rus3r has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Nov 19, 2018
  17. Jordan9716

Jordan9716 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2015
    United States
    How do I go about restoring my emunand backup? When I did the SD card emunand it deleted everything?

18. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    They're copied. They are all in the emunand folder

Read the op
    Or do you need a chart? Everything is there for you

19. youcantseeme421

youcantseeme421 Banned

Banned
    Jun 2, 2018
    United States
    I'm not having an issue with it deleting games. I've having an issue with the emuNAND not even being recognized after going to 2.3

There's no "emuNAND enabled/disabled" option above "boot cfw" after updating. And when I do try to boot cfw, it just gives an error. It doesn't create an Emutendo folder. It's as if the emuNAND was never there at all. I'm not sure if I should wait for an update, or recreate the emuNAND. For now, I went back to 2.2.1 and the emuNAND appeared again. It's strange.

20. mcsdoode

mcsdoode Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2007
    The Naniwa
    You have to go to the emunand settings. I'm to paste my explanation on how I did it, from another thread I replied to in case it may help you; the process isn't automatic.

"...After updating your SX payload, boot into the SX settings menu (Vol+ and power button combo).

I would say go ahead and confirm you have ample space on your SD card for the Emunand. After, go to the Emunand settings and choose the option to move the Emunand.

Next, rename your (Nintendo) directory on the root of your SD to (Emutendo). The process took about 40 minutes on my console.
    The first time I booted the Emunand from SD, I thought my Switch had frozen, as I only saw a black screen. I gave it a bit and it loaded eventually. I assume read times will be a bit slower from the SD."

Last edited by mcsdoode, Nov 19, 2018
  21. realjumy

realjumy Ratkid hunter

Apr 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ok. This is finally a great breakthrough.

22. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    That‘s a really great update!!

But one question: Is it possible to keep the emuNAND in emmc or do i have to change to the new one? That‘s a thing i found nowhere. I think most users will switch to the NAND on the sd card and because of that i’m worried tx will remove the emuNAND in emmc feature. So i‘m not really sure what to do because for Games i only use xci files so space on the microSD is more important then the space on the emmc.
    So are there any great features that only work with emuNAND on SD Card?

And has anyone tested if the bug is fixed that on splitted xci card 2 Games it displays a white icon and no infoarmation like publisher etc.?

Last edited by noX1609, Nov 19, 2018
  23. Waywatcher

Waywatcher Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2015
    EmuNAND sounds great and all, but is there any point on getting it if you are already banned?

24. comput3rus3r

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    Allegedly, more brick protection.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted