jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i think thats just user error

mr "hacks"

2. Znuf

Znuf Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Just for my information, If I put an update.nsp in the folder update on my hdd, and I load an xci, from the right folder on the hdd, i could play my game without install the update?

Thanks

3. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    no
    why would that even work?

its just to allow people to better organise their nsps

4. SwitchHack

SwitchHack GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    and how can I solve?
    ERROR CODE: 2345-0031

5. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    reformat your microsd card and copy everything back

6. fadx

fadx Filthy Cheater

United Kingdom
    EmuNAND on SD AND separate Nintendo folder for EmuNAND, perfect!

mcsdoode and thaikhoa like this.
  7. tinkle

tinkle taciturn shill girl

United States
    No games require installs if you patch your XCIs. Ideal Switch workflow now is to never use any NSPs, and just install them to your XCIs, then store all your XCI's on a USB-C Thumbdrive. That way you can use your internal MicroSD as FAT32 and reduce all risks.

8. maiksonstrife

maiksonstrife Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    So, no one has been banned with emunand so far, now its on the SD, but we still have "anime avatar complains", sx os always delivering updates, but theres some things that never change

9. SwitchHack

SwitchHack GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    OMG, let's try.
    I hope it works, it happened after the update

10. icegold

icegold Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have bought SX PRO, expecting it to arrive today so this is good timing!

I am only planning to use .xci backups at present, with no homebrew (yet). Should I back up nand through SX OS and then do everything on CFW through the new EMUNAND? Currently on 6.1 OFW.

Whilst i've done a lot of research, I am a noob... so help/advice appreciated!

Also, as i am only using .xci backups for now, should I update them (if required) through OFW or using the nsp update files in Emunand?

thanks

11. tinkle

United States
    Update your XCIs directly with patches and DLC, so you can single mount them and never need to install anything to your system.

12. mcsdoode

mcsdoode Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Random question but ... Is there a way to convert nsp titles that never got released as carts?

I wanted to exclusively use xci but I broke down for shovel knight

13. tinkle

United States
    Yes, there is.

mcsdoode likes this.
  14. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Maniac

Finally I was able to build & test a clean Nand with this new update:

How to make a clean nand:

Make a Copy of Boot0.bin, Boot1.bin - don't touch/edit these.

full.00.bin - jump to address 53362000 - edit everything under this address - make bytes 00
    full.01.bin - full.06.bin - change all bytes to 00
    full.07.bin - from - address 00 to 47cdfdff - change all bytes to 00 (don't touch anything under 47cdfdff).

Now copy all modded files to sxos - emunand folder and boot into emunand.
    Open ChoiDujourNX and update emunand to 6.1.0 (ex-fat) - and in the options uncheck prevent fuse burning (auto rcm), check System initialize (full factory reset). Then start installation.

Now shutdown the switch and remove the sd card - make a backup of emunand folder - this is now your clean nand you can restore from.

First before restoring - you can test the nand works fine by booting into emunand.

Compressed nand using winrar - 745MB, which can easily be stored online as a backup :-)

Last edited by mrdude, Nov 19, 2018
    gizmomelb and thaikhoa like this.
  15. lisko

lisko GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    These tweets were already proven wrong and also you are contradicting them. The nand wasn't repartitioned and their implementation wasn't at all only a bootloader of another shadow copied nand partition but it mounted nand image files stored in the internal memory and booted from them. It was a real emunand but with files stored in the internal memory instead of the external. Since I'm already banned I hope that they will reintroduce the option to create it in the internal memory to avoid that an sdcard corruption (that could ever happen even if you store it in another partition) will lose all my saves and also to not waste space.on the sd.

thaikhoa likes this.
  16. da_nikon

da_nikon Newbie
    Newcomer

sorry for the noob question, but how can i do that? Integrate nsp updates for games into game xci i mean.

17. Jordan9716

Jordan9716 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Maybe someone can help me. My emunand was working perfectly before updating to SD card emunand.

When I updated to SD card emunand, I booted into SD card emunand and all my games were gone. I read here to rename my Nintendo folder to Emutendo so I did.

I noticed I had what looked like a backup on my SD card so I backed it up on my computer and deleted it off my SD card to save room.

Now my SX OS won't show anything for emunand except to create an emunand or delete one. No options to boot into anything emunand related either.

I saw my Nintendo/renamed Emutendo folder is around 36gb in size and the original Emutendo folder was 22mb. What do you guys recommend doing to get my games back? Thank you in advance.

18. icegold

icegold Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ie. through the dev menu using the nsp files? does this not increase ban risk as I'd be using nsp?

thanks!

19. crimpshrine

crimpshrine GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Glad to see all the updates!! Sat on the sidelines for a little while to see where things would go, this seems like the best path and finally bought a few of the pro's for my kids.. Hope to get as long out of this product as I have been getting out of my Gateways (still going!)

comput3rus3r likes this.
  20. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Look at the button (Emunand enabled) on the top of Boot To CFW button in sx bootloader. Make sure it is [Emunand enabled]. After moving emunand to SD, the emunand is disabled by default.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Presents, Xecuter,