Team-Xecuter Presents SX OS v2.3 BETA

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 18, 2018.

1. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    @thaikhoa Does it still leave traces in Sysnand? Like the EMUNAND0 magic in BOOT1?

That's probably the only thing I want that is left, a 100% guarantee that there would be NOTHING in sysnand that indicates it's a modified system.

bixxewoscht likes this.
  2. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Nope. After moving emunand from nand to sd. The Boot1 in the nand will be restored to its original form. It's the same checksum as my original backup. Boot0 is untouched.

comput3rus3r and bundat like this.
  3. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    I do wonder if it would be possible for the Emunand to utilize foreign certs from another console. I.e. create an emunand from your Sysnand, replace the certs with that of a different system and "spoof" your system to be a different unit. Keeping your Sysnand and cert safe...

4. fluggy2003

fluggy2003 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2015
    Absolute USELESS Trash... I have 2 micro SDs. One for original firmware to play eshop purchases online, and one for sx os. Was migrating emunand to SD ... got to the dumping Nand part then had change of heart ... I like having emunand on the actual system instead of having to put it on BOTH sd cards, which would use up twice the storage. Pushed cancel thinking itd be fine. I then get the message SD HAS BEEN USED ON ANOTHER CONSOLE. FORMAT!!!! Where is the warning that says "CANCELLING OPERATION WILL RESULT IN HAVING TO FORMAT YOUR SD"! Despite NOT PUSHING the format option, my 400GB Micro SD has been COMPLETELY wiped!!!

5. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    No caution message?

6. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    That's nothing to do with SXOS - that's the switch firmware that does that. It detects your Nintendo folder was created with a certain key and thinks your sd card was from a different switch, so deletes it. This is to stop people sharing content stored on their sd cards - you can blame Nintendo for that security measure as it's certainly nothing to do with sxos.

thaikhoa likes this.
  7. fluggy2003

fluggy2003 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2015
    No ... this is nothing to do with Switch Firmware.. my SD card was absolutely fine until I cancelled the operation in the SX OS menu. Why did my SD card not function identically as it did b4 I cancelled the operation?? Surely cancelling the operation stops it and simply reverts to the way it was b4 .... if there is a chance that it won't ... why is there no warning. Theres simply a cancel button ... thats it!! Pushing SXOS's seemingly "innocuous" fricking cancel button is what screwed up my micro SD!!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nope!!

8. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    stick to your decisions next time. :P cancelling beta things usually ends up in a mess.

9. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    They need to disable the cancel button when processing critical steps.

Memoir and comput3rus3r like this.
  10. mrdude

Dec 11, 2015
    I'm not going to explain it to you again, I've already told you what caused it. I get you're annoyed, but it's Nintendo Software which caused that - not sxos.

comput3rus3r likes this.
  11. fluggy2003

fluggy2003 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2015
    I'm gonna explain again t to you again as u seem to have zero concept of the (very simple language Im using)!! If I cancel the operation ... my Micro SD should remain identical to before the operation!! ... I never had any FORMAT SD message b4 .... so if my SD is UNCHANGED after simply cancelling ... then EVERYTHING SHOULD BE AS IT WAS BEFORE THE CANCEL!!! ... that has NOTHING to do with Switch firmware!!! Its the SX operation that altered my card ... THEN. I NEVER TOUCHED ANY OF THE SWITCH'S SETTINGS, IE, THE ONLY ALTERATIONS OCCURRED FROM USING THE SXOS OPTIONS!!! If I cancel the op to migrate ... then surely my emunand would remain where it was before and would behave identically!!! IT DIDNT!!

12. magico29
    This message by magico29 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: flamebait.
    Nov 19, 2018
  13. mrdude

Dec 11, 2015
    That message comes when you've booted into your firmware - the Nintendo software reads the sd card and looks in the Nintendo folder. If the keys have changed, it thinks the sd card is from a different switch so deletes it (it's a security feature). You can't seem to grasp that - so this is my last post on the subject.

14. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    So if a CLEAN NAND backup is made (rawnand, boot0, boot1) before any CFW usage, then SD emunand is created and then used for quite a while.... and then a new sysnand backup is made, it would still be identical?

And there would be no changes to any files in the Nintendo folder?

Because if the answer to those 2 questions is YES, then that confirms that SX emunand is undetectable (while using OFW on sysnand).

Unless Nintendo goes so far as to detect files on the SD card (e.g. the Emutendo folder) which is unlikely, or if you do something stupid like add a wifi connection while in emunand.

15. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    which tools to avoid? haven't had a single problem with my three switch devices using exfat!

16. cerealfordinner

cerealfordinner Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2016
    United States
    If i wanted to try and "clean" out my switch and use emunand as a way to avoid ban is there a method to do that. Im currently on 5.1.0 and like an idiot didnt make a nand backup but i've been using sx os almost entirely in airplane mode.

17. Sintrial09

Sintrial09 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    Can this get the damn mew out of my pokeball!!!!!

18. fluggy2003

fluggy2003 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2015
    I booted it into CFW with the same Micro SD I had been using for SXOS... NOTHING should have been changed on the micro SD card! So why would I all of a sudden get the format message?

19. MorningBlunt
    This message by MorningBlunt has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Nov 19, 2018
  20. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    If your backup is the same fw ver as the sysnand after installing emunand. Boot 0/1 will be the same. You can delete Nintendo folder to avoid any fears of detection by nobody.

I've been using emunand since day1. I haven't got banned yet. FYI, SX has stealth mode enabled by default so you won't be able to get banned easily when booting to emunand.

21. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018.
    Nov 19, 2018
  22. Bimmel
    This message by Bimmel has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: Gpl/stolen code discussions are offtopic here.
    Nov 19, 2018
  23. Kubas_inko
    This message by Kubas_inko has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Nov 19, 2018
  24. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Nov 19, 2018
  25. Kubas_inko
    This message by Kubas_inko has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Nov 19, 2018
  26. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Nov 19, 2018
  27. NeoSlyde
    This message by NeoSlyde has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 19, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Nov 19, 2018
  28. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    We've gotten so much already. The only things left are install to HDD and the ability to view rows of games in the sx-os games menu. Amazing how complete this is becoming.

thaikhoa likes this.
  29. bixxewoscht

bixxewoscht GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Ok nice, so if you're not banned in a month or so, I will start to use SX Pro^^
    Just ordered Mario Party, Pokemon and Diablo so enough to play for a while.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted