OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
10ojjly.jpg

QUOTE said:
At last week's Japan Expo 2011, fellow French Tales fansite Kingdom of Tales got the chance to sit down with Tales executive Makoto Yoshizumi to talk about the series and the new localization push from the company's North American and European branches, along with a few other interesting tidbits, namely Tales of Graces f's release date in Europe.

Tales of Graces f
- Tales of Graces f will be released sometime during Summer 2012 in Europe.
- It's unclear if all of the DLC costumes and skits available on the Japanese PlayStation Store will be available in the Western version. This includes the Code Geass costumes, which might have some issues due to licensing. They did state that they are working on trying to bring it all over, however.
- He wanted to make things clear that the game will only be on the PS3, i.e. no Wii port.

Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
- Apparently the magic sales number for the title is 250,000 (guessing this is a worldwide number).
- They want to release more Tales titles on the Nintendo 3DS.

Read the full article here

Personally I would love Symphonia for 3DS, but cleary Tales of fans are gonna be pleased with Namco Bandais attempts to bring more Tales games to the west.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
SOME of the Tales games get boring, fast...

it's only when they introduce new things to the series it becomes fun.

I LOVED ToS. I couldn't stand it's sequel though...

Either way, looks good. I am happy to see more titles localized.
happy.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sadly I don't have one single Sony product, so the number of Tales titles that I can play is very limited, which means I'd be very happy for 3DS ports
biggrin.gif

Aether

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
< proud owner of all the tales 'mothership' titles. (import ftw!)

Looking forward to the english release of Graces F tho!
closedeyes.gif

About the possible HD remakes, meh, Phantasia has been 'remade/ported' waaay too much already. (snes, psx, gba, psp (fully voice edition), psp again (tales of phantasia X - ToP FVE with updated 'modern tales' battle system) Destiny already got an excellent remake. Eternia already has a PSP port.
mellow.gif

D

Deleted User

I would love if Destiny became portable. I only got to play it for the PS1 but never got to play the PS2 ones (of course not). But please, no more Phantaisa. I love Phantasia - I really do. But unless it saw a remake like Destiny: Director's Cut, the remakes need to stop.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I also want them to release more Tales titles on the Nintendo 3DS

I'd hug them, a lot.

I want just one port and it's Symphonia. I played DotNW and watched the OVAs but I never played the original.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
As long as they don't bring Symphonia to the 3DS, I don't care what they do. I love that title on my Gamecube, and I would hate to see them mess it up in some way (as they inevitably would).

Tales of Graces F will be neat. Too bad I won't have anymore access to a PS3 for awhile in about a week.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it comes out in europe in summer 2012, it means North America is getting it very early in 2012, which is probably in q1 2012.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Giga_Gaia said:
If it comes out in europe in summer 2012, it means North America is getting it very early in 2012, which is probably in q1 2012.
Isn't that... obvious?
Anyway, hopefully it's not released at the same time FFXIII-2, which is on track for "early 2012" everywhere outside Japan, or it will sell even worse than it would per se.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Goli said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Isn't that... obvious?
Anyway, hopefully it's not released at the same time FFXIII-2, which is on track for "early 2012" everywhere outside Japan, or it will sell even worse than it would per se.

If they don't release it at the same time as FFXIII-2, it's gonna be something else. Namco has a track record of release a tales game at the same time as some other important game. It's like they do it on purpose.

Also, I doubt FFXIII-2 will be released this early. Square-Enix said beginning of 2012, but I doubt they will make it.

If the game release the same day as XIII-2, I am getting Graces F only because XIII was a huge disapointment.

If it was Versus XIII, that would be another story, since that one is a PS3 exclusive, it will be good and won't be gimped by the 360. Also, Nomura is making it, every games he made, I loved. Didn't see one I hated.

- It's unclear if all of the DLC costumes and skits available on the Japanese PlayStation Store will be available in the Western version. This includes the Code Geass costumes, which might have some issues due to licensing. They did state that they are working on trying to bring it all over, however.

How can that be an issue? At least in North America, it shouldn't, since Code Geass has been licensed by Bandai and that Bandai is a part of Namco Bandai, how can this even be an issue if they're the ones holding the license?

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
WiiBricker said:
Schlupi said:

What games do you mean? I played Phantasia, Symphonia1/2 and Innocence. None of these were boring.

I played Innocence, and the storyline was horrendously boring. I mean, I had high hopes, seriously. The characters are adorable and top notch, but the storyline was terrible and the ending was so anticlimatic i don't even.

I've played Destiny, Eternia, Phantasia, and Innocence. And Innocence is the one I dislike the most. (Love the chars though)

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Goli said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Isn't that... obvious?

If they don't release it at the same time as FFXIII-2, it's gonna be something else. Namco has a track record of release a tales game at the same time as some other important game. It's like they do it on purpose.

Also, I doubt FFXIII-2 will be released this early. Square-Enix said beginning of 2012, but I doubt they will make it.

If the game release the same day as XIII-2, I am getting Graces F only because XIII was a huge disapointment.

If it was Versus XIII, that would be another story, since that one is a PS3 exclusive, it will be good and won't be gimped by the 360. Also, Nomura is making it, every games he made, I loved. Didn't see one I hated.

Tired of hearing crap like this. I'd buy a Tales title over an FF title any day of the week. Especially these days, FF has become less about the stories and more about, "let's get strong and kill giant boss monster number 60".

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
FlameTakuya said:
WiiBricker said:
Schlupi said:

What games do you mean? I played Phantasia, Symphonia1/2 and Innocence. None of these were boring.
I've played Destiny, Eternia, Phantasia, and Innocence. And Innocence is the one I dislike the most. (Love the chars though)
Play Tempest, then come back to me and see if you say that again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o