NISA Event 2017: Danganronpa, Ys, Disgaea, and More

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Publisher-NISA-Logo.jpg

Nis America's Press Event is here, and I'll be covering all of the announcements that happen tonight. If you want more info, check the spoiler tags for the official press releases. There's a lot scheduled for this stream, so let's take it from the top:

d5c_3d-le---esrb-rnf_2.jpg

Disgaea 5: Complete is launching on May 23 for North America, and May 26 for Europe, on the Nintendo Switch. The game will offer dual audio, along with English and French text options. There will be a limited edition on the NISA Store, retailing at $89.99, and will get you; the game, with a reverisble cover case, two-disc official soundtrack, an artbook, a Prinny keychain, a collector's box, and an unknown mystery item.

Disgaea 5 Overview

Ys-VIII-Dated-July-21-Vita.jpg

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is coming to PS4, Vita and PC sometime in 2017. It seems NISA has found a home with the PC platform, and will be bringing the latest in the Ys series to Steam. There is no set release date at this time. Interesting to note that XSEED won't be handling this game's localization.

Ys VIII Overview

newdanganronpav3_1874623.png

Danganronpa 3 is releasing on September 26/29 for North America and Europe respectively. Officially titled Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, the game will be coming to PS4 and Vita. There's a collector's edition for this one as well, including the game, soundtrack, art book, hat, backpack, headphones, and a collector's box for $99.99 (PS4) or $79.99 (Vita)

Danganronpa V3 Overview

RPG Maker Fes is indeed coming to the 3DS, as the leaked Australian Ratings Board request hinted at last week. The game is coming to both North America and Europe sometime this summer.

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy is coming to Vita and Steam on May 16 for North America, and the 19th in the EU. You can also grab a $59.99 collector's edition for this one as well, with a collector's box, art book, file folder, soundtrack, and poster. Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy is getting a PC port, too, with a release set for March 27.

Operation Babel Overview

Touhou Kobuto V comes west as well, releasing on PS4 and Vita, near summertime 2017.

Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! hits PS4, Vita, and PC on June 6 (NA)/ June 9 (EU).

Culdcept: Revolt is getting localized too, another game set for a "summer" release, this time, for the Nintendo 3DS.

Revolt Overview

Tokyo Tattoo Girls joins the westward bound group of games, and its headed to PC and Vita in, once again, summer 2017.

Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness already hit Vita and PS4 last year, and you can even read GBAtemp's official review of the game here. But for those that game on PC, though, the title will be hitting Steam on April 27.

Last edited by Chary, Feb 18, 2017
  2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    A YS game published by NIS amerrica? WHAT!? WHY :wtf:

What was wrong with Xseed?

Imacaredformy2ds likes this.
  3. Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds Smartass

Banned
    Nov 17, 2016
    Mexico
    Wait
    MORE ANIME WEEB GAMES?
    Yes!
    I'm joking btw
    Too much jojo and I think the beef I ate had beer in it lmao

Last edited by Imacaredformy2ds, Feb 18, 2017
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Hold on, YS isn't isn't any "ANIMU WEAB GAEMS" it isn't even a Anime weeb game. Is a godlike series of games since 1980s, and the last game on vita was why i even bought a playstation vita. (And also waiting for phantasy star online 2) but what the heck is nis america doing? WHERE IS XSEED? :wtf:

Also i hope is not only a vita game, i wished memories of celcetia was on console, or least 720P :(

5. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    I like XSeed, but honestly, they seem to have issues getting the titles they already have the rights to all finished up as it is. So long as we get Ys VIII sooner than later, I have no issues with NISA.

And PC to boot? Hell yeah!

Subtle Demise and Chary like this.
  6. Pokem

Pokem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AN OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE FOR DANGANRONPA V3!!!!!!!! I JUST PRE-ORDERED THE LIMITED EDITION YESTERDAY

Chary likes this.
  7. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    I'm assuming they're just overrun by localizing things at the moment. They're also occupied with the upcoming Story of Seasons DLC, which, if you check out their blog, is quite interesting. It's a shame really, though, they're losing out on a lot of their flagship titles. XSEED usually handles Falcom games, but Aksys picked up Tokyo Xanadu, another oddity.

8. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Very excited for this.

Press blurb:
    I wish Smilebasic would use the free player model as well.

Last edited by zoogie, Feb 18, 2017
    Sinon and Pokem like this.
  9. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    They could as well release Ys VIII for the xbox one.

10. Bean_120

Bean_120 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    snip

11. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    NISA outbid them. Im honestly really sad about this. XSeed did such a good job on the Ys localizations.

12. Nikki_swap

Nikki_swap The Lewdest

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    and they release another crappy touhou fangame instead of a main one.

DarthDub likes this.
  13. Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3

Sep 22, 2015
    United States
    The only thing I'm wondering is why the heck it took so long to announce Disgaea 5: Complete's releast date? Like, since they waited so long, wouldn't you think it'd be like, "Disgaea 5... MARCH RELEASE!!"
    but instead it's May, it's pretty fuckin' far away, so why'd they wait so long? Now that I think about it, maybe they waited for their press event, but that just seems like an odd reason..

14. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    good thing seeing Ys VIII is nothing like that terrible Ys origin shooter...

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Feb 18, 2017
  15. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

pip Contributor
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Lots of support for PC and PS consoles, but just one game for Switch. Well, even if I'm not interested in Disgaea, a lot of people are, so I guess that's a fine bone to throw to the new console.
    Excited for Ys and Cladun, though! I hope Cladun gets an improved music composer, where the channels are interlaced, like;
    Channel 1:
    Channel 2:
    Channel 3:
    Channel 4:
    Channel 5:
    ---
    Channel 1:
    etc.
    instead of having them in completely different tabs. I'd also like to see more synth sounds.

By the way, do we have a way to play games requiring >3.60 firmware on a Henkaku Vita yet? If so, I might opt in for the Vita versions over PC. Having games on PC definitely has its advantages, but I find I prefer the portability.

16. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Austria
    Most of the games were released in Japan long before the switch announcement. So there aren't any switch ports which they can transtlate and publish.

17. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

pip Contributor
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Ah, I didn't realize. Makes sense.

18. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    considering getting Disgaea 5 Complete for the switch (as i still did not get the ps4 version) disgaea is hilariously fun.

Disgaea 4 has been my favorite in the series, because Sardines <3

had to edit, because culdcept revolt looks fun o_o

card based rpg.. iirc. i did play one once ,i just cant remember what the title was hmm..

Last edited by leonmagnus99, Feb 18, 2017
  19. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    I'll admit I wasn't expecting to see Ys here, but given XSEED's silence regarding a localization of Ys 8 I'm not too surprised.

Amazon's placeholder date for Disgaea 5 was also the end of May, so it's nice to see it might be a bit earlier than that.

Was hoping for a summer release for Danganronpa V3, and maybe a simultaneous PC release (which might still happen, as NISA's not really involved with those), but as long as it's PSTV compatible I won't complain.

20. death360

death360 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The waits is on for danganronpa 3 PC if ever.