Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabiolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this sounds reasonable. Maybe there is anti debug protection. If you set a breakpoint or change voltage/timers to slow down the execution of sx it could detect someone is trying to crack it. The chances affecting end users should be very unlikely since there is no heavy load upon booting sx which could trigger it by accident.

Thing could go wrong though if there would be an homebrew which underclocks the switch to save battery...

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because you're console is flagged doesn't mean you'll be banned automatically. I had an Xbox 360 that was flagged for using iXtreme FW and never got banned. They did institute ban waves consoles when the customer firmware was initially released, but they stopped doing it at the end of console's life cycle. Nintendo also probably categorize the flags based on cause, so some of you that are still online might have a less severe flag than someone who used LayeredFS. A less severe flag for example would be two people that use a private (well, private among them only) certificate that play online at the same time.

Also, when Nintendo does carry out these ban waves, they also risk on banning legitimate users if they fuck up, so it's not something they are going to be doing en masse as often as you'd think.
I still have multiple flashed 360's. Those days were great, flashed so many people's 360's while in high school.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok lol, how does a tweet from an actual hacker that completely contradicts what you're saying mean anything?

There's a contradiction there for sure. There is one undeniable fact that you cannot continue to ignore. Team Xecuter has proven themselves to be on another level and several steps ahead of these social media "hackers" "developers" and "experts." Instead of delivering a working free solution these guys are now scrambling to crack SX OS to try and figure out how Team Xecuter did what they did. If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know I don't know what will.

Tanmays007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
There's a contradiction there for sure. There is one undeniable fact that you cannot continue to ignore. Team Xecuter has proven themselves to be on another level and several steps ahead of these social media "hackers" "developers" and "experts." Instead of delivering a working free solution these guys are now scrambling to crack SX OS to try and figure out how Team Xecuter did what they did. If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know I don't know what will.

Couldn't agree more. A few weeks ago, on RE's discord they were struggling to get even a simple boot image to load properly, all the while most people over here were accusing TX of stealing atmosphere code. The fact of the matter is so obvious now that we've seen the results, TX has far talented and motivated devs (partly because of the $) and to me it's pretty clear that SX OS will be the most polished CFW out for quite sometime. If you don't care about piracy and just want homebrew, SX OS is free and a no-brainer.

Dabiolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Maybe some are just curious (like me) to see how to protect your software on a (almost) fully hacked console and don't care about the backup loader.

As far as my switch knowledge goes, I can say this "brick" is only a warning from TX. If they wanted they could damage the switch hardware since voltages are software contolled.

Even if the OS will be cracked most users will fear the risk and buy it or stick with open source.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Putting all these devs in the same boat as the ones trying to crack it is a bit ridiculous. Just because one or two devs are trying to crack it doesn't mean that the entire scene is trying to crack TX, I'm 100% sure the Atmos devs are still hard at work bringing us a free solution that'll end up killing SX OS just like Gateway.

SX OS will be the most polished CFW out for quite sometime.

I'm not so sure, I have a feeling something will be out this year. At least if SciresM is to be trusted (which I think at least he should)

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you know, TX's dudes are watching this topic, thinks how efficient their OS to screw people up, they are now roughing it maniacally. :)
the least thing we can do is showing how we appreciate those evil money-leechers and wait ATMOSPHERE even more patiently.

Last edited by leon315,
Reactions: jimmyj

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh oh...

d8697ff2f64be89f0f41ecb47090f669.png

Indariver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know, TX's dudes are watching this topic, thinks how efficient their OS to screw people up, they are now roughing it maniacally. :)
the least thing we can do is showing how we appreciate those evil money-leechers and wait ATMOSPHERE even more patiently.

I don't understand. Like obviously if you spend a bunch of time to develop a product its fair to get paid for it. Not that I know personally but this can be their only source of income. The SX pro and OS aren't over priced and they are still improving their product. Calling them evil money-leeches is like calling everyone expecting their paycheck a money leecher

Indariver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH REALLY? what do you say about companies which hide developers, art designers, screenplay writers even programmers to create videogames? TX's profit are entirely based on leeching game companies profit.

if you are a kid, then u are too naive to think this way, if you are grown adult... well ur IQ is very questionable.

Im not saying that their product is ethical. But they did put hard work into coding their product. Its not like a person developing a game isn't looking for profit. They're doing everything for profit. The only thing TX is doing differently is protecting their product

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH REALLY? what do you say about companies which hide developers, art designers, screenplay writers even programmers to create videogames? TX's profit are entirely based on leeching game companies profit.

if you are a kid, then u are too naive to think this way, if you are grown adult... well ur IQ is very questionable.

Did you know that when people buy used games, the developers don't earned anything from the sales? The profit goes to the shops selling the used games. Think of TX as a used game shop that sold you a magical cartridge that contained all the Switch games.

Reactions: cearp and MehMeh27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1