• Views 324,487
  • Replies 1,478
  • Likes 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-442439

OP
SX OS has been out for a few hours yet several layers of crypto are already defeated, using redundant crypto such as AES 128....

Nwert has released a python script to decrypt and extract the contents of the boot.dat file, revealing 4 new payloads:

data_80000000.bin, fb_F0000000.bin, arm64_80FFFFE00.bin and stage2_40020000.bin

Source: https://gist.github.com/nwert/9430a454c64248dd1186868c00b682c6

boot.dat keys: https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1008802666846121984

There is also more private and public development going on for the lower levels, it seems SX OS is getting very close to being cracked.

Warning: There could be anti piracy measures, such as what Gateway had on 3DS that would brick your system on conterfeit cards, so wait for trusted sources to report back and do not run random payloads claiming to be "SX OS cracked".

EDIT: Original OP claimed that there where "several hints to TX and Gateway being affiliated" this has been removed due to it being speculation rather than informative.

Last edited by ,

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone who pays for piracy deserves to get screwed over. This is coming from someone who bought Gateway.

I also bought GateWay and even SX Pro....i'm just pissed that people bought the cheaper license only code are getting to play backups before people that bought the more expensive option.

D

Deleted-442439

OP
There are no 'hints in the code' as to TX being behind Gateway. It is known who is behind Gateway. The people have nothing to do with TX. Stop spreading nonsense.

We do not know, but the GB rom could be a hint. Regardless we don't know if there is any brick code yet, so best to be safe.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I also bought GateWay and even SX Pro....i'm just pissed that people bought the cheaper license only code are getting to play backups before people that bought the more expensive option.
Dude people were complaining that they didnt release the OS before and bla bla bla,nobody can be happy

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For bricking - this time even if brick code IS put in, they can't actually screw people this time, the exploit they use basically allows you to do a full recover too.
There are plenty of ways to brick the system irreversibly from RCM. They only need to pick one. Just use some incorrect voltages in a few places and you are bound to ruin that users day

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who bought sx os or pro will not care
if its cracked also as said before these devs dont release piracy stuff so if release then they do condone piracy.

Reactions: Deleted User

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Warning: Do not run any payloads claiming to be SX OS cracked yet, there are several hints in the code that point to Gateway and TX being the same devs, Gateway would brick 3DS's if used counterfeit cards, so please wait.

This is really, really, REALLY, misleading.

I agree, dont run any payloads and yes, its best to be safe, but thats one thing. Claiming that "there are several hints" for TX guys to be the same as Gateway is just not true (at least from what we know now).

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not wrong... at least, a full brick in the sense of completely broken isn't possible - but, yeah don't run anything cracked until someone smarter talks. Hehe.
Again, it's super easy to permabrick a system via frying electronics with incorrect voltages and other shenanigans. Bootrom exploits are brick resistant, but not brick proof. Even the 3ds with b9s has ways to brick beyond recovery.

Reactions: gamesquest1

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If not crack it, at least the code might be useful to build a backup loader, which is essentially TX's golden egg

Reactions: hellionz

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really, really, REALLY, misleading.

I agree, dont run any payloads and yes, its best to be safe, but thats one thing. Claiming that "there are several hints" for TX guys to be the same as Gateway is just not true (at least from what we know now).
It actually isn't - garyopa essentially made a ton of fucking cash from the Gateway, this is his work from any way you look at it.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It actually isn't - garyopa essentially made a ton of fucking cash from the Gateway, this is his work from any way you look at it.

GaryOPA is a long time warez scene figure. He is not involved with any specific group of team, he takes all comers. Stop saying stupid shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun