Switched from Ninjhax Gateway to AL9H

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by metroidfreak33, Sep 5, 2016.

1. metroidfreak33
    OP

metroidfreak33 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2016
    United States
    So, I have a N3DS that I used Ninjhax and Gateway with. I have installed AL9H and followed the tutorials to chain boot the gateway payload.

The only thing I can now not figure out how to do is re-link the gateway emunand and my sysnand. One tutorial I read says to just format the emunand through the gateway menu, but I can't seem to access the actual menu now without errors after updating the sysnand and emunand.

Thanks!

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you format emuNAND again, you will lose everything on it, so make sure you don't have anything important on there.
    If you boot Gateway while holding L or without the cart in, it shows the menu.

metroidfreak33 likes this.
  3. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    How about just switching to cias? Decyrpyt9 makes it very easy to convert your game carts to the .cia format so you can install it in luma, or what ever cfw you use. And I believe transferring saves is easy, though I don't know how to. Cfw is also much more stable, and gives you all the cutting edge features

4. metroidfreak33
    OP

metroidfreak33 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2016
    United States

Oh, I guess I didn't read the change notes since L doesn't work anymore. Need to hold L and Select to get into the menu, although it says it will format the entire SD card. Is this the case? So it'll remove things from Sysnand also?

I have Luma set up already I just chain loaded the payloads for easier access to the red card out of ease. This will be my next option.

Last edited by metroidfreak33, Sep 5, 2016
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yes, just back up your card first.

6. metroidfreak33
    OP

metroidfreak33 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2016
    United States
    Awesome. Thanks! Up and running again. Linked Sysnand and now just need to hold Up if I want to boot Gateway Mode.