Hacking Some questions about a already installed picofly on switch lite

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, I'll buy a switch lite with the picofly chip already installed with a sysnand and a emunand and with a 128gb sd card. Here are some details on it : when I start it, I have an henkate screen where I can choose the emunand or the sysnand. When I choose the emunand, I have a screen that say "universal pack deejay87" and it boot.

Now the questions :
- I want to upgrade the sd card. I saw the guide on reddit but can I remplace the files from the "deejay87 pack" for something more "vanilla" without loosing the sys and emunand ? What are my options ? Delete everything and reinstall a more vanilla thing ?
- also, I would need more room for my emunand. Is it possible to allocate less storage on my SD card for the sysnand and more for the emunand? (for example, on a 500gb sd card = 450gb for the emunand and only 50gb for the sysnand)
- how can I upgrade my emunand ? with AIO switch updater and daybreak ?
- do you have any advices to not get banned on sysnand ? Do I need to avoid something in particular or is it totally safe if I play my sysnand like an actual switch with my nintendo account, my cartridges, the eshop, update it with the system settings ect ?

sorry if it's noob questions but I'm scared of doing something bad

alecocr20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I'll try best to answer your questions

- I want to upgrade the sd card. I saw the guide on reddit but can I remplace the files from the "deejay87 pack" for something more "vanilla" without loosing the sys and emunand ? What are my options ? Delete everything and reinstall a more vanilla thing ?
Yes you can emunad and atmosphere are in two different locations. I would remove all the old atmosphere related files and start from scratch
- also, I would need more room for my emunand. Is it possible to allocate less storage on my SD card for the sysnand and more for the emunand? (for example, on a 500gb sd card = 450gb for the emunand and only 50gb for the sysnand)
Sysnand is your actual physical nand. If you ment the size of the emummc I don't think it can be done afterwards
- how can I upgrade my emunand ? with AIO switch updater and daybreak ?
I update the OFW
Dump the firmware using Tegra explorer
Install the firmware with daybreak
- do you have any advices to not get banned on sysnand ? Do I need to avoid something in particular or is it totally safe if I play my sysnand like an actual switch with my nintendo account, my cartridges, the eshop, update it with the system settings ect ?
I don't go online so I cannot answer this one

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think I'll just gonna restart to zero and recreate a new emunand on my bigger SD card. Can I tell you what I'm gonna do and can you tell me if it's the right thing to do ?

1) boot the sysnand with the old SD card and reset it in the console official options and reboot to put the initials options, my nintendo account, ect

2) remove the old SD and put the new SD with the henkake files to create a new emunand (so tools>sd partition>partition sd card>emuMMC 29full and then emuMMC>create emuMMC>sd partition>part1)

is it correct ? I'm really afraid of making a wrong move and having the sysnand banned

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land