Hacking Switched from Ninjhax Gateway to AL9H

metroidfreak33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a N3DS that I used Ninjhax and Gateway with. I have installed AL9H and followed the tutorials to chain boot the gateway payload.

The only thing I can now not figure out how to do is re-link the gateway emunand and my sysnand. One tutorial I read says to just format the emunand through the gateway menu, but I can't seem to access the actual menu now without errors after updating the sysnand and emunand.

Thanks!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I have a N3DS that I used Ninjhax and Gateway with. I have installed AL9H and followed the tutorials to chain boot the gateway payload.

The only thing I can now not figure out how to do is re-link the gateway emunand and my sysnand. One tutorial I read says to just format the emunand through the gateway menu, but I can't seem to access the actual menu now without errors after updating the sysnand and emunand.

Thanks!
If you format emuNAND again, you will lose everything on it, so make sure you don't have anything important on there.
If you boot Gateway while holding L or without the cart in, it shows the menu.

Reactions: metroidfreak33

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about just switching to cias? Decyrpyt9 makes it very easy to convert your game carts to the .cia format so you can install it in luma, or what ever cfw you use. And I believe transferring saves is easy, though I don't know how to. Cfw is also much more stable, and gives you all the cutting edge features

metroidfreak33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you format emuNAND again, you will lose everything on it, so make sure you don't have anything important on there.
If you boot Gateway while holding L or without the cart in, it shows the menu.

Oh, I guess I didn't read the change notes since L doesn't work anymore. Need to hold L and Select to get into the menu, although it says it will format the entire SD card. Is this the case? So it'll remove things from Sysnand also?

How about just switching to cias? Decyrpyt9 makes it very easy to convert your game carts to the .cia format so you can install it in luma, or what ever cfw you use. And I believe transferring saves is easy, though I don't know how to. Cfw is also much more stable, and gives you all the cutting edge features

I have Luma set up already I just chain loaded the payloads for easier access to the red card out of ease. This will be my next option.

Last edited by metroidfreak33,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, I guess I didn't read the change notes since L doesn't work anymore. Need to hold L and Select to get into the menu, although it says it will format the entire SD card. Is this the case? So it'll remove things from Sysnand also?

I have Luma set up already I just chain loaded the payloads for easier access to the red card out of ease. This will be my next option.
Yes, just back up your card first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night