Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: So it seems like when I first softmodded the switch, when I was in Hekate there were 4 entries in the Launch screen: sysNAND (stock), sysNAND (CFW), emuNAND (CFW) and (I think) fusee as the 4th option...well that 4th option is not there now...does anybody know what the 4th option is supposed to be or am I imagining things? Did something change after I updated to fw v13.2 (from fw v5.1)?

2: Unfortunately, I have some more questions (sorry!). I understand that autorcm changes how we power on, charge etc. What I am trying to figure out is whether or not I can setup autoRCM with fusee? How do I make my switch reboot back into atmosphere without needing to select emuNAND from the launch screen?
1: hekate ipl for the most part is user specific. theres no set icons that are "suppose" to be there by default. all you need is stock, sysnand cfw, and emunand. unless you run android and linux, then those also.

2: autorcm is for the switch, doesnt effect a payload, find the "reboot_payload.bin" in the atmosphere folder, and replace it with a copy of "fusee.bin" then rename fusee.bin to reboot_payload.bin

This is just be being curious if anyone here knows of a good suggestion, but does anyone have recommendations for getting a fan to aid with cooling my switch while it's docked? I keep getting overly paranoid of it overheating / getting damaged (it's a first edition), since I don't think i'll be able to get a new one let alone mod it. (also apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, i just assumed it was a noobish question due to how anxious I am)
can use sysclk overlay and tesla to monitor temps. imo shouldnt go beyond 58c. and if your that determined, open up the back and apply a new and better thermal paste, its pretty simple. assuming the fans are working properly, the thermal paste is a wear point over time.

Last edited by Chaosta,
Reactions: LegzRwheelz

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
1: hekate ipl for the most part is user specific. theres no set icons that are "suppose" to be there by default. all you need is stock, sysnand cfw, and emunand. unless you run android and linux, then those also.

2: autorcm is for the switch, doesnt effect a payload, find the "reboot_payload.bin" in the atmosphere folder, and replace it with a copy of "fusee.bin" then rename fusee.bin to reboot_payload.bin
You're awesome. Thank you. I did this and I am able to use reboot to payload and restart atmosphere. Worked a treat.

Another thing in wondering, am I able to create a custom hosts file to block YouTube ads? I tried amending about 500 URLs to the 90dns one and my switch crashed on reboot throwing a fatal error message, so I reverted back. Can I add to the default.txt or create one called YouTube? What would the process be to add my own custom set of URLs to block?

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm running latest Hekate 5.6.5, AMS 1.2.5 and HOS 13.20 (EmuNAND) via Deepsea. I use Tinwoo installer and every title installs fine except for 2. I've tried 3 different sources for each of the failing titles and everytime they fail.

I'm using the latest sigs from itotaljustice and every other install (20+) has worked and they all run fine.

The problem titles are Metroid Dread and PikMin 3 Deluxe. I've tried NSP, XCI & NSZ. Not sure if I can name the titles here, so delete my post if not.

What on earth is happening?

Thanks.

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm running latest Hekate 5.6.5, AMS 1.2.5 and HOS 13.20 (EmuNAND) via Deepsea. I use Tinwoo installer and every title installs fine except for 2. I've tried 3 different sources for each of the failing titles and everytime they fail.

I'm using the latest sigs from itotaljustice and every other install (20+) has worked and they all run fine.

The problem titles are Metroid Dread and PikMin 3 Deluxe. I've tried NSP, XCI & NSZ. Not sure if I can name the titles here, so delete my post if not.

What on earth is happening?

Thanks.
Check out the sigpatches on here, they've helped me and another user plus may others that I don't know about. What error are you getting when installing said titles? Have you tried launching hbmenu with the r button being pressed giving it full access to the systems resources then running Tinfoil or have you run the Tinfoil self installer so you're running Tinfoil in full resources? Are you trying to install to NAND or SD Card?

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check out the sigpatches on here, they've helped me and another user plus may others that I don't know about. What error are you getting when installing said titles? Have you tried launching hbmenu with the r button being pressed giving it full access to the systems resources then running Tinfoil or have you run the Tinfoil self installer so you're running Tinfoil in full resources? Are you trying to install to NAND or SD Card?

Hi,

The error is 0x00234c02.

I’m using Tinwoo installer, not Tinfoil.

I am using R button to get to HBmenu.

Installing to SD Card.

Like I said, every other game installs fine, just those two. It may be a sig issue, I suppose but a bit weird as the rest work and those games are both ‘major’ titles, rather than obscure Indy games. Is it common for sigs to have individual title faults?

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

The error is 0x00234c02.

I’m using Tinwoo installer, not Tinfoil.

I am using R button to get to HBmenu.

Installing to SD Card.

Like I said, every other game installs fine, just those two. It may be a sig issue, I suppose but a bit weird as the rest work and those games are both ‘major’ titles, rather than obscure Indy games. Is it common for sigs to have individual title faults?
I'm still new to this scene and am only going by experience. I used iJustice's sigs and the I've I linked. The link I provided you seem to be more successful all around.

A little bit of googling brought me to this thread. It seems to be your sigs.

As far as installers, tinfoil is the only one that I've had zero issues with. Goldleaf, TinWoo and Awoo all gave me issues before during and after. Again, I'm just going by what's worked for me with the issues that I've faced.

I would try those sigpatches from that thread I provided earlier and check out the second link.

@Chaosta I'm a bit curious. Line I've said a few too many times, I'm new to switch modding but learning quickly. I've just looked up kosmos and Deepsea and saw one on Reddit the other day called switch pro. I'm wondering how involved would it be to download one of these AIO CFW packs and use it without starting anew?

Last edited by LegzRwheelz,
Reactions: OriginalCopycat

SwGirlAdv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm still a noob but learning quickly. I'd still like to help. Have you tried using hekate as your Payload and then launching sysNAND?
I do use Hekate, but haven't tried to launch sysnand with it, just the emu and and the stock options, I'll try that later, but I'm almost sure that something goes really wrong with the system, cause it can't boot the OS without the payload injection, and SD card with emunand anymore, and I haven't found anyone with the same issue on internet, sometimes people can't boot atmosphere, emunand, but the original stock ROM is aways accessible. Don't know what to do or search.
EDIT:
I tried the CFW- sysMMC trough Hekate, and it worked! Not sure if that means something for the Stock sysMMC, I'm to noob for that LoL, but looks like it's not corrupted? Thanks for the help, seems like we're in the right track.

Last edited by SwGirlAdv,

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do use Hekate, but haven't tried to launch sysnand with it, just the emu and and the stock options, I'll try that later, but I'm almost sure that something goes really wrong with the system, cause it can't boot the OS without the payload injection, and SD card with emunand anymore, and I haven't found anyone with the same issue on internet, sometimes people can't boot atmosphere, emunand, but the original stock ROM is aways accessible. Don't know what to do or search.
EDIT:
I tried the CFW- sysMMC trough Hekate, and it worked! Not sure if that means something for the Stock sysMMC, I'm to noob for that LoL, but looks like it's not corrupted? Thanks for the help, seems like we're in the right track.
I can tell you have experience with Android rooting and custom ROM flashing. Which tells me you know the importance of NAND backups. If you can't boot to stock switch but can boot sysNAND with CFW, then the next step in my mind would be to restore your NAND from the backup you created. That was one of the first steps when preparing your switch for CFW. It's literally a backup of your switch before you did anything to your switch. It was before you even made your emuNAND, before you booted atmosphere, before you got it to boot cfw sysNAND, before you tell into this issue of stock not booting. One other thought, if you don't mind me asking, when you got started modding your switch, did you start off with a freshly wiped factory reset switch or did you have some titles installed and WiFi connections etc? I ask because you can use the most recent version of the TegraExplorer payload and wipe your switch's NAND, removing all traces of you ever booting CFW on sysNAND. You may want to hey that before doing a restore or do a restore then is the TegraExplorer wipe function to clear out your sysNAND of all settings and titles. I hope this helps

Reactions: SwGirlAdv

Hiookou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hello,

i am having serious issues with my switch...
i tried to do an update with Atmosphere-updater, in order to play some games, but since, can't use DBI or Tinfoil..and couple others, instead it crashes right away, and the reboot won't won't work, i get the black screen. I always have to inject the payload in order to start the switch

any insight will be appreciate it
Firmware 11.0.1- Atmosphère M 0.18.1

Thanks in advance
error 1.jpeg

Attachments

• afterrebooting.jpeg
    afterrebooting.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 49

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

i am having serious issues with my switch...
i tried to do an update with Atmosphere-updater, in order to play some games, but since, can't use DBI or Tinfoil..and couple others, instead it crashes right away, and the reboot won't won't work, i get the black screen. I always have to inject the payload in order to start the switch

any insight will be appreciate it
Firmware 11.0.1- Atmosphère M 0.18.1

Thanks in advanceView attachment 290011
Never ever use the Atmosphere updater application. Its always given users numerous issues including yourself. Start fresh by deleting the /atmosphere and /switch folders and downloading from the official Atmosphere GitHub page.

Hiookou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Never ever use the Atmosphere updater application. Its always given users numerous issues including yourself. Start fresh by deleting the /atmosphere and /switch folders and downloading from the official Atmosphere GitHub page.
should just go ahead and update to

Atmosphere 1.1.1 & System FW to 13.0 ?​

i think i ahve to change some files on my RCMloader?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should just go ahead and update to

Atmosphere 1.1.1 & System FW to 13.0 ?​

i think i ahve to change some files on my RCMloader?
If you want to update your firmware, you can but unless you need to be on firmware 13.0, I don't see any reason to update. No games require that firmware.

Reactions: Hiookou

Hiookou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
If you want to update your firmware, you can but unless you need to be on firmware 13.0, I don't see any reason to update. No games require that firmware.
Thanks for the advise i did what you said and it's working, i'll just wait for the 13. but i believe some eshop games won't work ? correct if i am wrong
thanks again

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advise i did what you said and it's working, i'll just wait for the 13. but i believe some eshop games won't work ? correct if i am wrong
thanks again
Forgot to mention that whenever you update your firmware and/or CFW, your patches also have to be updated. Download the latest from this thread.

DukePoke

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I gonna buy an unpatched switch from someone who had already hacked it. He used team executers stuff (rcm loader and jig which he will give to me).
I don’t want sx OS on the switch tho. From what I’ve read, they’ve been arrested and their website is now held by the US govt. Is there a way for me to restore the switch to default settings- like as if it was straight from the factory? I’m hoping formatting the SD card and factory resetting the switch will be enough, if not what else do I need to do?

revilococo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! This is kind of random, but I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me troubleshoot FTPD? I don't know why, but one day it stopped working, and despite trying a number of different FTP clients on my computer and reinstalling the FTPD nro, it still cannot list the file directory... Anybody have any ideas?

I constantly get "Could not retrieve directory listing. I/O error." on my computer.

Hiookou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Forgot to mention that whenever you update your firmware and/or CFW, your patches also have to be updated. Download the latest from this thread.
yes thank you,
also
thanks again
i think there is at least lost in random, and no more heroes that won't work above CFW 12

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I gonna buy an unpatched switch from someone who had already hacked it. He used team executers stuff (rcm loader and jig which he will give to me).
I don’t want sx OS on the switch tho. From what I’ve read, they’ve been arrested and their website is now held by the US govt. Is there a way for me to restore the switch to default settings- like as if it was straight from the factory? I’m hoping formatting the SD card and factory resetting the switch will be enough, if not what else do I need to do.
just wipe the sd card. thats it. no need to even factory reset.

Hi! This is kind of random, but I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me troubleshoot FTPD? I don't know why, but one day it stopped working, and despite trying a number of different FTP clients on my computer and reinstalling the FTPD nro, it still cannot list the file directory... Anybody have any ideas?

I constantly get "Could not retrieve directory listing. I/O error." on my computer.
list what other sysmodules you have running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1