Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex, I know you wrote a thread about autorcm and wanted to get your help clarifying a couple things.

If I enable autorcm through a choidujour firmware update, can I turn it off through hekate or do I need to turn it off through choidujour?

Also, in the unlikely event that RCM drains my battery completely (e.g. because I didn't power off properly), is it only chargeable through a dock?
[i.e wall charger doesn't work]

Non-RCM related: Is it recommended to use fat32 instead of exfat and why?

Can I back up my nand using fat32 and restore nand backup using fat32?
You can disable it with Hekate.

It can be charged with anything but a computer is recommended since you can send a payload to not have it charge in RCM which is reduced if AutoRCM is enabled.

Its highly recommended to use FAT32 over exFAT because exFAT can corrupt, you don't have to worry about patching your firmware to have exFAT support, and certain applications only support FAT32 such as Lakka. The only usage for exFAT is restoring the NAND. For dumping the NAND, it can be done with FAT32 in which case, it will be split into parts that you can join together at any time.
The first issues I'm having is with updating the payload. I have a Mac, but I also have a VM of PC using vmware fusion.
But I'm experiencing issues on both platforms.

Mac: when click to launch the app, it appears in the dock (as an active application) only for a few seconds and it self closes

PC: after installing the program and launching, it doesn't load at all. Doesn't briefly appear in the taskbar as an active program

Any suggestions?
Which program(s) are you using?

jonathanml86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can disable it with Hekate.

It can be charged with anything but a computer is recommended since you can send a payload to not have it charge in RCM which is reduced if AutoRCM is enabled.

Its highly recommended to use FAT32 over exFAT because exFAT can corrupt, you don't have to worry about patching your firmware to have exFAT support, and certain applications only support FAT32 such as Lakka. The only usage for exFAT is restoring the NAND. For dumping the NAND, it can be done with FAT32 in which case, it will be split into parts that you can join together at any time.
Which program(s) are you using?

I'm using the Setup NS-Atmosphere programmer v0.3.zip program. And it's crashing on both mac and pc platforms

Wrig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just tried to launch into custom firmare from hekate and I get this screen, any idea where ive gone wrong?
49175125_10156773377555479_5370624224442449920_n.jpg

Attachments

• 49175125_10156773377555479_5370624224442449920_n.jpg
    49175125_10156773377555479_5370624224442449920_n.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 39

adrenaline2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I converted an xci to nsp with 4nxci and I got two nsp files. I know the biggest one is the game and smallest one is the update, but what kind of update? Game update or firmware update? I appreciate any help...

Link1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm new to this and I'm currently trying to hack my 4 days old switch. I've just found out that I got a patched unit. What does that mean? Do I have to wait until an exploit is available to get homebrew running? I'm just overwhelmed by all the threads here bad I don't know where to start

dark7wizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

So i downloaded an .nsp update for a game i own digitally (mario+rabbids) but the update does not recognize the game so i have 2 icons for the game one that launches the game at version 1.0 and other that says version 1.9 but prompts to download the game from eshop and has a cloud icon beside the name.

what could be the problem? distinct regions for update and game?

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m running sx os and been using Xci files. I have some updates to install.

Is it better to install to internal or sd card?

What file structure is used for dlc and updates on sd card?

How do I install them in sx os ?

_abysswalker_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Zap2000 Just place the .nsp updates/DLC on the root of your sd card and then use the installer on the SX OS menu (ie Albums). It's really easy you can't go wrong. You can delete them from the root of your SD card after they're installed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looking for a XCI splitter to use on a microSD. Any suggestions?
I used XCI-Cutter tool (for Windows) and always worked fine just search for it here on gbatemp

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
@Zap2000 Just place the .nsp updates/DLC on the root of your sd card and then use the installer on the SX OS menu (ie Albums). It's really easy you can't go wrong. You can delete them from the root of your SD card after they're installed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used XCI-Cutter tool (for Windows) and always worked fine just search for it here on gbatemp
I’m having a similar issue,but was trying to use tinfoil. Is the sxos installer safe to use for game updates and dlc?

Argenorus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

I have just acquired a switch (not patched) which is on version 1.0.0.
I guess it makes me eligible for using SX OS and, before I do anything stupid, I have a few questions for you guys.
I am really a noob so, please, be patient with me.

As far as I understood, it is best to have exFAT sdcard for large games if you don't want to split the files. However, as far as I know, exFAT is not supportted by firmeware 1.0.0. what should I do ? update to 6.2 ?

Is it possible, if your using emunand on the sdcard, to be able to play online with nintendo when using the original Nand ? I am a bit lost.

Any way, any advices are welcome t this point !

happy new years eve to all !

Reactions: ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have just acquired a switch (not patched) which is on version 1.0.0.
I guess it makes me eligible for using SX OS and, before I do anything stupid, I have a few questions for you guys.
I am really a noob so, please, be patient with me.

As far as I understood, it is best to have exFAT sdcard for large games if you don't want to split the files. However, as far as I know, exFAT is not supportted by firmeware 1.0.0. what should I do ? update to 6.2 ?

Is it possible, if your using emunand on the sdcard, to be able to play online with nintendo when using the original Nand ? I am a bit lost.

Any way, any advices are welcome t this point !

happy new years eve to all !

Get an SXOS licence,Dongle and jig. Then create an Emunand. Download Choidujour and the latest firmware file. This will allow the non CFW version of the switch to stay as you bought it while the CFW can be updated as and when support for it is announced by Team Xecuter. As for going online,don’t do it!

Argenorus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Get an SXOS licence,Dongle and jig. Then create an Emunand. Download Choidujour and the latest firmware file. This will allow the non CFW version of the switch to stay as you bought it while the CFW can be updated as and when support for it is announced by Team Xecuter. As for going online,don’t do it!

thank you very much !

To your opinion, is it possible to to the jig by myself without risking bricking my switch ?

Best

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I converted an xci to nsp with 4nxci and I got two nsp files. I know the biggest one is the game and smallest one is the update, but what kind of update? Game update or firmware update? I appreciate any help...
Game update; system updates can't be converted into a .NSP file.
I use both TegraRCMGUI and the android one
Try using TegraRCMSmash on your computer. For Android, there are 2 apps; NXLoader and Rekado. Try the one you haven't used yet.
So booting into and out of RCM from Hekate burns fuses?
Hekate bypasses the fuse check by default. It doesn't matter whether it boots CFW or OFW/stock, if you turn on the console with Hekate, your fuses are safe.
Hello guys,

So i downloaded an .nsp update for a game i own digitally (mario+rabbids) but the update does not recognize the game so i have 2 icons for the game one that launches the game at version 1.0 and other that says version 1.9 but prompts to download the game from eshop and has a cloud icon beside the name.

what could be the problem? distinct regions for update and game?
The region is indeed the problem. The update/DLC need to match the base game in terms of region.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

jackirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afternoon and happy nye all!

So I recently just picked up my switch

Serial: XAJ70007152453
Firmware: 5.1.0

Am I right in saying this is unpatched as it’s under XAJ70042X?

I have just bought the Sx pro kit just waiting for it to arrive, will it be plug and play?

What’s the deal with the firmware? Like I said it’s on 5.1.0, am I okay to update to play online while I wait for the Sx pro to arrive or shall I leave it on 5.1.0 - apologies for the noob questions, there is a lot of conflicting information about at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you