Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have found a "site",but all the links to updates result in Pop Up and Captcha hell...

What would you suggest to actual update the games? Tin Foil or ChoiDujour?
ChoiDujour is a Windows program whose sole purpose is to install firmware files. It has absolutely nothing to do with .NSP files.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah..ok haha. Tinfoil or Goldleaf? I hear Gold Leaf is Tinfoils successor,or would Tinfoil be easier to use?
I've been hearing a lot of people have issues with Goldleaf as soon as it was made official so it might be best to stick to Tinfoil until all of its kinks get worked out.

Reactions: ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tinfoil question: I have the tinfoil nro file in the switch folder on my SD card (and have also tried putting it on the root of my sd card). I created a folder called Tinfoil with another folder within called NSP and have put my game update within.

Upon booting up Tinfoil,the app has a loading bar,then the message "Failed to open key file for reading!/switch/dz/keys.txt

Also,nothing appears on tinfoil from that Tinfoil/NSP folder

Please help! Haha

Ive put the game update file on the root of my SD,and its now showing in the SXOS firmware under the installer option-should I install here?

Last edited by ChokingVictim87,

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My micro sd is 200 gb but i was planning on grabbing a 400 or mpre since im a damn dirty hoarder

From what i understand theres a tool to extract games and updates/dlc and turn them/generate into nsps. So i dont need the original nsps if this is the case and just make them once i get my higher capacity micro sd? Is switch cfw like 3ds cfw where dragging and dropping the sd contents doesnt work? Ive always wondered what the reason for this is compared to other forms of cfw. Ds, vita and psp cfw were so much easier

chrishooked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I injected the fusee-primary payload, and when clicking on my album, I'm brought to hbmenu 3.0.0... A message at the top says "No applications could be found on the SD card. Make sure a folder named /switch exists on the root of the SD card and it contains applications.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. In my switch folder on the SD I have appstore, CFWSettings.nro, Checkpoint, EdiZon, hbmenu.nro, KosmosUpdater, and tinfoil.nro

Can anyone help me out? I feel like I'm so close!

chrishooked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I injected the fusee-primary payload, and when clicking on my album, I'm brought to hbmenu 3.0.0... A message at the top says "No applications could be found on the SD card. Make sure a folder named /switch exists on the root of the SD card and it contains applications.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. In my switch folder on the SD I have appstore, CFWSettings.nro, Checkpoint, EdiZon, hbmenu.nro, KosmosUpdater, and tinfoil.nro

Can anyone help me out? I feel like I'm so close!

Update: I figured it out. Had to reformat my SD on a PC rather than my mac. Now I'm working on how to download/play backups. If anyone cares to share a guide or some other reading material, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

jonathanml86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my SD card looking correct and inserted into the console. I powered down my device, insert the jig, follow the vol up + power button, I remove the jig, insert my ns atmosphere jig and some text quickly comes on the screen but then it powered up as normal.

Do I need to do anything with the ns atmosphere before I use it? Is there something I need to load to it??

Sparky076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between Edizon and Checkpoint? They both backup save files right? It seems like Edizon can do more, but I don't know what it means by "injector". Also, should I trim the dumps of the game carts through gcdumptool? Should I also dump certificates?

Last edited by Sparky076,

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't feel like this needs its own thread: Any way for me to see my "Play Activity" without having a Nintendo account linked to my Switch? Any way to unlock it or any homebrew that can display that database?

jonathanml86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please help me? I'm getting stuck...

I'm following the guide at hxxp://reinx.guide

So I have the SD card formatted to FAT32, and have the root looking like the directions say to...

I powered off, inserted jig, did vol up+power, removed jig > insert ns atmosphere payload device and nothing really happens except for some quick text, but it eventually powers on.

I have a few questions:

Do I need to do anything to the ns atmosphere payload injector before using it? Do I need to use the ns software to write the reINX.bin file to the device?

Sparky076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please help me? I'm getting stuck...

I'm following the guide at hxxp://reinx.guide

So I have the SD card formatted to FAT32, and have the root looking like the directions say to...

I powered off, inserted jig, did vol up+power, removed jig > insert ns atmosphere payload device and nothing really happens except for some quick text, but it eventually powers on.

I have a few questions:

Do I need to do anything to the ns atmosphere payload injector before using it? Do I need to use the ns software to write the reINX.bin file to the device?
If you want to boot with the ReiNX, then yes, you will need to write the bin file to the NS-Atmosphere with the software. You also need the ReiNX.bin on the root of the SD card. Check out https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch to get you all the files you need up and running on ReiNX. You can also go to the https://reinx.guide/ website. Make sure you also do the steps for 90DNS. https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/

Here is the guide to updating the payload on your NS-Atmosphere dongle. http://www.ns-atmosphere.com/en/blog/programmer-usermanual/

Last edited by Sparky076,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My micro sd is 200 gb but i was planning on grabbing a 400 or mpre since im a damn dirty hoarder

From what i understand theres a tool to extract games and updates/dlc and turn them/generate into nsps. So i dont need the original nsps if this is the case and just make them once i get my higher capacity micro sd? Is switch cfw like 3ds cfw where dragging and dropping the sd contents doesnt work? Ive always wondered what the reason for this is compared to other forms of cfw. Ds, vita and psp cfw were so much easier
All CFW are basically files on your SD card. There's no reason where drag and dropping would not work.
Are updates the only things that burn fuses?
The only thing that burns fuses is the stock bootloader of the Switch. It burns fuses when it detects you are running a firmware higher than the fuse count. This can get triggered when you normally turn on the console without RCM, install a system update downloaded from online, or install the exFAT patch downloaded from online.
I have my SD card looking correct and inserted into the console. I powered down my device, insert the jig, follow the vol up + power button, I remove the jig, insert my ns atmosphere jig and some text quickly comes on the screen but then it powered up as normal.

Do I need to do anything with the ns atmosphere before I use it? Is there something I need to load to it??
What do you mean "powered up as normal"? Does Album load the Album or the Homebrew Menu?
What is the difference between Edizon and Checkpoint? They both backup save files right? It seems like Edizon can do more, but I don't know what it means by "injector". Also, should I trim the dumps of the game carts through gcdumptool? Should I also dump certificates?
Checkpoint is just a save manager while EdiZon is a save manager and editor. And there's no reason to not trim any .XCI files. Lastly, unless you plan on injecting those certificates into header-less .XCI files to play them online, you don't need to dump them. If you do inject them, be aware Nintendo can detect if the certificate doesn't match the base game which may result in a ban.
Don't feel like this needs its own thread: Any way for me to see my "Play Activity" without having a Nintendo account linked to my Switch? Any way to unlock it or any homebrew that can display that database?
No homebrew that does it but there is this website you can check out.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

rastafoda

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, quick question, i'm on ofw 5.X and i'm using tx os with emunand on sd card.
Can i update the emunand to 6.2 using ChoiDujor? In this case i don't need to ativate the auto rcm right?

Thanks and have a nice year!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, quick question, i'm on ofw 5.X and i'm using tx os with emunand on sd card.
Can i update the emunand to 6.2 using ChoiDujor? In this case i don't need to ativate the auto rcm right?

Thanks and have a nice year!
First off, ChoiDujour does not support firmware 6.2 as a target. Secondly, I don't think it can be used with EmuNAND.

But if you're referring to ChoiDujourNX (which despite only being 2 letters off is a completely different tool), then you can use that instead to update your EmuNAND partition. You also don't need to enable AutoRCM to prevent fuses from being burnt since EmuNAND cannot burn fuses.

goldensun695

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Draxzelex, I know you wrote a thread about autorcm and wanted to get your help clarifying a couple things.

If I enable autorcm through a choidujour firmware update, can I turn it off through hekate or do I need to turn it off through choidujour?

Also, in the unlikely event that RCM drains my battery completely (e.g. because I didn't power off properly), is it only chargeable through a dock?
[i.e wall charger doesn't work]

Non-RCM related: Is it recommended to use fat32 instead of exfat and why?

Can I back up my nand using fat32 and restore nand backup using fat32?

jonathanml86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to boot with the ReiNX, then yes, you will need to write the bin file to the NS-Atmosphere with the software. You also need the ReiNX.bin on the root of the SD card. Check out https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch to get you all the files you need up and running on ReiNX. You can also go to the https://reinx.guide/ website. Make sure you also do the steps for 90DNS. https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/

Here is the guide to updating the payload on your NS-Atmosphere dongle. http://www.ns-atmosphere.com/en/blog/programmer-usermanual/

The first issues I'm having is with updating the payload. I have a Mac, but I also have a VM of PC using vmware fusion.
But I'm experiencing issues on both platforms.

Mac: when click to launch the app, it appears in the dock (as an active application) only for a few seconds and it self closes

PC: after installing the program and launching, it doesn't load at all. Doesn't briefly appear in the taskbar as an active program

Any suggestions?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All CFW are basically files on your SD card. There's no reason where drag and dropping would not work.
The only thing that burns fuses is the stock bootloader of the Switch. It burns fuses when it detects you are running a firmware higher than the fuse count. This can get triggered when you normally turn on the console without RCM, install a system update downloaded from online, or install the exFAT patch downloaded from online.
What do you mean "powered up as normal"? Does Album load the Album or the Homebrew Menu?
Checkpoint is just a save manager while EdiZon is a save manager and editor. And there's no reason to not trim any .XCI files. Lastly, unless you plan on injecting those certificates into header-less .XCI files to play them online, you don't need to dump them. If you do inject them, be aware Nintendo can detect if the certificate doesn't match the base game which may result in a ban.
No homebrew that does it but there is this website you can check out.

The first issues I'm having is with updating the payload. I have a Mac, but I also have a VM of PC using vmware fusion.
But I'm experiencing issues on both platforms.

Mac: when click to launch the app, it appears in the dock (as an active application) only for a few seconds and it self closes

PC: after installing the program and launching, it doesn't load at all. Doesn't briefly appear in the taskbar as an active program

Any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1