Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

FoxyBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I saw a video where the guy puts the ribbon cable back but I can not do this I've tried for at least 3 hours now and it won't "just slide in" It also looks slightly skewed whenever we try to slide it in and I believe I get it in where it's supposed to be just the photo is as far as it can go in and I don't wanna force it
Nvm got it boys just took a ton of shit

inb4tehlulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running kosmos 11.7.1 on firmware 6.1 and I get a pretty decent amount of random crashes where the console completely turns off to a black screen. It doesn't even reboot to autorcm, just dies.

Does anyone experience similar issues? It seemed to get worse after updating kosmos from 11.0ish to the latest.

I completely wiped my entire sd card, deleted everything on the switch, reformatted to fat32 using fat32gui, set my sdcard up again using the kosmos sdcardsetup. I installed a single game with the update using goldtree us install, and still get the same problem. I don't really know if this is a common issue or not, and searching Google provides nothing. It's unfortunate because I don't even get an error code, so there's no way to share more information.

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an unpatched Switch & was wondering if someone can answer some questions about online play & restoring functionality?

1. I've read everywhere before you do anything to make a backup of a clean NAND and store it on PC incase anything happens. Besides using it to restore if you accidently brick or do something what else is the reason for this? Do I restore this NAND if I ever want to go online?

2. Concerning online play how does this work? I assume I have to update the OFW to the most recent (6.2) in order to use their servers? I assume this would burn fuses and no way around it if I want to use their internet?

3. Avoiding Ban. If I want to go online I can't be running CFW or have NSP and other programs installed. What would I need to do to go online? Restore clean NAND? Or just use another SD card and run OFW on it so no nsp/homebrew programs can be found? Also, what happens to NSP and other stuff I had previously installed? Does it still stay there or is removed?

4. I was editing a save using checkpoint and wanted to use it on my legit game copy online. From what I read you need to boot into CFW and use checkpoint to rip the save, edit it on PC, use CFW and Checkpoint on normal NAND to restore it and then boot into OFW to use save & go online. Is that it or do I have to do other things to make sure Nintendo doesn't ban me.

I've tried looking other places for answers, but only guide I find tell me to backup clean NAND, but not what to do if I eventually wanted to go online with legit games.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an unpatched Switch & was wondering if someone can answer some questions about online play & restoring functionality?

1. I've read everywhere before you do anything to make a backup of a clean NAND and store it on PC incase anything happens. Besides using it to restore if you accidently brick or do something what else is the reason for this? Do I restore this NAND if I ever want to go online?

2. Concerning online play how does this work? I assume I have to update the OFW to the most recent (6.2) in order to use their servers? I assume this would burn fuses and no way around it if I want to use their internet?

3. Avoiding Ban. If I want to go online I can't be running CFW or have NSP and other programs installed. What would I need to do to go online? Restore clean NAND? Or just use another SD card and run OFW on it so no nsp/homebrew programs can be found? Also, what happens to NSP and other stuff I had previously installed? Does it still stay there or is removed?

4. I was editing a save using checkpoint and wanted to use it on my legit game copy online. From what I read you need to boot into CFW and use checkpoint to rip the save, edit it on PC, use CFW and Checkpoint on normal NAND to restore it and then boot into OFW to use save & go online. Is that it or do I have to do other things to make sure Nintendo doesn't ban me.

I've tried looking other places for answers, but only guide I find tell me to backup clean NAND, but not what to do if I eventually wanted to go online with legit games.
  1. The whole purpose of a NAND backup is to repair a brick. Every other function after that is optional
  2. Typically you can only play online by being on the latest firmware at the time. You can either do this with or without burnt fuses. And not having burnt fuses increases your risk, but I would say not by a significant amount
  3. The safest way to go online is by restoring a clean NAND made before hacking the console prior to going online. And since this NAND backup was made before CFW and homebrew, all of those will be wiped after the clean NAND is restored. If they weren't, it wouldn't make for a clean NAND in the first place
  4. Using Checkpoint can and will lead to a ban. If you don't want Nintendo to ban you, you should not use Checkpoint

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. The whole purpose of a NAND backup is to repair a brick. Every other function after that is optional
  2. Typically you can only play online by being on the latest firmware at the time. You can either do this with or without burnt fuses. And not having burnt fuses increases your risk, but I would say not by a significant amount
  3. The safest way to go online is by restoring a clean NAND made before hacking the console prior to going online. And since this NAND backup was made before CFW and homebrew, all of those will be wiped after the clean NAND is restored. If they weren't, it wouldn't make for a clean NAND in the first place
  4. Using Checkpoint can and will lead to a ban. If you don't want Nintendo to ban you, you should not use Checkpoint

2. How would you be on latest version on OFW without burning fuses?

4. Why would checkpoint lead to a ban if you are using OFW? It's just backup & restoring your save. The edited portion would just be giving some mats and nothing obvious (OP broken weapons, God Mode, etc). So not sure if you restore a save then load into OFW after restore you'd get pinged?

Addendum: if I wanted to go online with a legit game after I've installed multiple NSP and homebrew apps. I would likely have to restore to clean NAND? So I assume it's best to have a SD card with your nsp, apps, etc installed & seperate one for legit games for when u want to go online?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. How would you be on latest version on OFW without burning fuses?

4. Why would checkpoint lead to a ban if you are using OFW? It's just backup & restoring your save. The edited portion would just be giving some mats and nothing obvious (OP broken weapons, God Mode, etc). So not sure if you restore a save then load into OFW after restore you'd get pinged?

Addendum: if I wanted to go online with a legit game after I've installed multiple NSP and homebrew apps. I would likely have to restore to clean NAND? So I assume it's best to have a SD card with your nsp, apps, etc installed & seperate one for legit games for when u want to go online?
2. There are about 3 different ways that come to mind. The first is with ChoiDujourNX but that involves using CFW & homebrew. The second method requires using Atmosphere as it prevents system updates from removing AutoRCM. Simply perform an online system update while running Atmosphere and your firmware will be updated but AutoRCM will prevent fuses from being burnt. I personally have utilized this method and have not been banned yet, I say as I knock on wood. The last way is the trickiest. Without CFW or homebrew, you can use a jig to reboot into RCM after the system update is finished installing. However you only have one chance at this and if your jig fails to kick you back into RCM, your fuses will be burnt faster than you can blink. If you are successful, you should install AutoRCM to prevent fuses from being burnt.
4. Checkpoint is a homebrew application. You cannot run a homebrew application without hacking the console which is a violation of Nintendo's Terms of Services and can lead to a ban. You also cannot run Checkpoint with OFW, you need CFW.

And for the last point, that is correct.

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint may be a homebrew app, but after you restore your save I assume you'd then use OFW since you'd not need it further so then nintendo shouldn't be able to detect it since at that point the save is already back on the system and you are just loading it like normal?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint may be a homebrew app, but after you restore your save I assume you'd then use OFW since you'd not need it further so then nintendo shouldn't be able to detect it since at that point the save is already back on the system and you are just loading it like normal?
But if the save has been tampered with, Nintendo can and will detect it. I should also mention people have been banned for just using Checkpoint and not even modifying the save file.

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if the save has been tampered with, Nintendo can and will detect it. I should also mention people have been banned for just using Checkpoint and not even modifying the save file.

Hmm, haven't heard about people being banned for just using Checkpoint unless they then went online with CFW still active. That's unfortunate and may have to risk it. Thanks for answering all my questions.

One final question. If an account gets banned do they ban all consoles the account are associated with? Was going to restore a save on my hacked console then continue to use it on my non-hacked console, but not sure if that account gets banned if they will blacklist both the hacked console and the non-hacked console with account attached to it as well.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, haven't heard about people being banned for just using Checkpoint unless they then went online with CFW still active. That's unfortunate and may have to risk it. Thanks for answering all my questions.

One final question. If an account gets banned do they ban all consoles the account are associated with? Was going to restore a save on my hacked console then continue to use it on my non-hacked console, but not sure if that account gets banned if they will blacklist both the hacked console and the non-hacked console with account attached to it as well.
Account bans are so rare and happen-stance that there is just not a lot of data to go by. But given this recent case report, it seems like this user was banned in going online with only one game. Meaning not only is his console safe, but he can play any game except Smash online. But again, your chances of account ban are ridiculously low.

rinzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone bought a switch from amazon(US) and had any luck with it being hackable? if not does anyone know any online website which is selling not patched switches?

_abysswalker_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
^ anything specifically sold as "hackable" (say in ebay) will have a price premium. Best to pick up from your local retail store; one that's obscure and doesn't sell much :)

Not sure if the SN can be checked from the box though I just checked mine and couldn't find it but I'm confident I saw stories from people here where they could so hopefully someone else can enlighten us on this.

Calzy_G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone help me out on this please? Done two NAND backups today, the CRC check is different between one of the files. Done the exact same thing twice with a fully legit micro SD I've tested and know to be good.

gShVbC6
https://ibb.co/gShVbC6
gShVbC6

gShVbC6
gShVbC6

Last edited by Calzy_G,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone help me out on this please? Done two NAND backups today, the CRC check is different between one of the files. Done the exact same thing twice with a fully legit micro SD I've tested and know to be good.

gShVbC6
https://ibb.co/gShVbC6
You only need like 3 of those things; boot0, boot1, and rawnand.bin

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks mate. I followed the guide and done everything I could. Any idea why the CRC is dirrerent on that?
This is highly speculatory as I don't know what exactly the fuel gauge is but I think its a representation of the battery which deteriorates over time so that small bit of deterioration possibly made it different? Again, unless you're reverse engineering the console, there is not much usage in having a dump of the fuel gauge so I wouldn't fret too much over it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.