SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Tackskull

Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Ok, thanks.

One more question, the switch I already have is updated to the last firmware. Reading the serial number seems is a hackable model, but with the uupdates I did am I able to hack it? If not, if I wait some time, maybe with future hack would I be able to do that?

Becauseif I can ddo it, I would buy a new switch to play online and usinng the one I have for hacking.

Last edited by Tackskull, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If it unpatched unit then it doesn't matter what the firmware is, patched unit has only support up to 4.1.0 Sysnand firmware. That why I suggest an unpatched unit, aint too hard, search for them on ebay.

3. Tackskull

Nov 29, 2017
    France

So basically my switch is hackable? The serial number is about a green zone for hackable switch, and if you say the firmware doesn't matter, this mean my switch is hackable, right?

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If it fusee gelee exploitable then firmware doesn't matter, for patched unit that isn't the case, depends when you bought this unit you are talking about, if it like launch date then it is unpatched.

5. Tackskull

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    I buyed it in a shop on december 2018, the serial number starts with XAJ700132------ an looking to this page https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/ it say my switch is unpatched. So if I use this fusee gelee I would be able to hack my switch and play backups from external hard disk drive?

6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Then it is not patched, only SX OS have external HDD support right now, not Atmosphere/ReiNX. SX OS cost like 30 bucks.

7. Tackskull

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Awesome man, thanks, so I will hack this switch here and I will buy another one to play online :D

I am seeing on youtube that people use SX OS on portable mode, is pssibl to use SX OS on the tv with an external hard drive istalled?

Last question and I am done, SX OS support the freeshop app?

8. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    For SX OS HDD you have to connect the HDD to the dock , and play in dock mode, unless you want a HDD dangling around attached to the unit, some lower amp drawing drive might work but not recommend as it is bad for the usb c port, there is that HBG Shop when you can use to install games/updates/dlc, but keep it in mind it is hosted off Google Drive, so sometime download might fail if there are a lot of people downloading the same game, and there isn't first party game without a premium account from the HBG Developer end, I just download and install game via goldleaf and do the usb install.

9. PlasticK

PlasticK Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2017
    Russia
    thanks XaneTeshi.

i was able to update to fw 8.1.0 without problems, i read the official choidujournx thread and watched a youtube tutorial which insisted that you need the fw version you are running on the sdcard, too.

now i'm able to install and run my links awakening cart. but i still have the problem of all my older games wanting to update on the game start and i obviously cant update because the latest firmware doesnt support homebrew / cfw yet. is there are a way to disable the game update requirement to run my mario kart 8 / super mario odyssey etc... dumped games??

is there a way to check how many fuses were burnt yet? is autorcm a good thing and will cause no harm? it's all so difficult to comprehend when you're getting old.

thanks

10. Tackskull

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Thanks a lot :D :D :D

11. geeleonidas

geeleonidas Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    Brazil
    Hey, I have an ipatched switch and I've configured a setup which I can go online and use cfw in separate emuNANDs.

I was wondering if Ninty could log Reboot on my online NAND, something like "This switch took 2 days to reboot" (as I use Reboot to switch between NANDs). I know that I'm overthinking, but this really concerned me.

12. saeedabouhamzeh

saeedabouhamzeh Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    United States
    new goldlif released, i update it but crashed. now i cant download 7.2 version again. what should i do?

Attached Files:

13. barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2016
    United States
    can i copy and paste my nintendo folder from console A to console B or do i have to reinstall my library one by one?
    thanX in advance

14. Christian Rosado

Christian Rosado GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    So now that I have atmosphere running with a EMU MMC partition. How would I go around upgrading my micro sd to a bigger capacity? Do I have to go through all the hacking tutorial again? Plus restoring nand etc? Im in doubt because of the partitions. So its not like I can simply do a drag and drop to the new card right?

15. Teletron1

Teletron1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    damn it was the cable I guess it is just a charge cable good thing I had bought another one :shy: once I plugged it in it got detected :toot:

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  16. Zangetsu276

Zangetsu276 Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    So, my Switch arrived, it was formatted by the owner and it's at 9.0.0 firmware. I heard that you can Switch between SX OS and Atmosphere right? I wonder if I can install Atmosphere and when SX OS updates to 9.0.0, I could uninstall Atmosphere and delete it's emunand, and use only SX OS? If it's possible, then, is there any complications in doing so?

17. soulkyo

soulkyo Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2013
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brasil
    Hello! I have a question regarding the RCM Loader. To the best my understanding, this device will only help me once, the first time I need to inject the payload. After that, I can select AUTO RCM and then forget about it? Or do I need to inject the payload every time I turn on my console?

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You have to press Remote USB Process or something like that on Goldleaf.

They are probably asking for a game (software) update rather than a system update. Pay attention to the wording. You can also check how many fuses are burnt with Hekate under Console Info. And AutoRCM is a good thing in the right hands. I suggest reading this thread on the ins and outs of AutoRCM
    The only thing you have to be worried about is if you ever go online with CFW & homebrew. Otherwise you have nothing to worry about.

Yes you can simply copy and paste it assuming you are not using MacOS or certain builds of Windows 10 in which case you will need to use Hekate to fix the archive bit on the Nintendo folder.

If you are using partition-based (which you should be), you will have to make an image of the SD card in order to move the emuMMC partition from one SD card to the other. Everything else can be copied and pasted over.

You do not install any CFW on the Switch. All CFW are just files on the SD card. You can have both Atmosphere and SX OS on one SD card. The emuMMC used by Atmosphere is also compatible with SX OS and vice-versa.

AutoRCM as the name implies boots the console into RCM automatically. If it booted you into CFW automatically, it would be called AutoCFW. But it is not and there is no such thing.

19. SnakeByte

SnakeByte Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2011
    United States
    Ah, I was basing that off of the file dates -- looks like the dump utility wasn't privy to the actual time set on the switch when it created the files. I found shchmue's Firmware Version Inspector python script and after scanning the dump verified that my dump is as you said:
    Firmware version found: 5.1.0 (no exFAT)
    Most recent boot: 2018-12-02 00:45:19

Different question -- with the EmuMMC partition setup, it looks like people are still booting into RCM+payload and then choosing to boot OFW or CFW. Isn't the point of having OFW so that you don't need to RCM+payload? One would just power off the switch and power it back on again to play "stock"? Or is the payload still necessary so that a future OFW can't detect things like the EmuMMC partition on the Micro SD card? Or is the payload still necessary to upgrade to newer firmwares without burning the fuses? I assume the payload would then be necessary to lie to OFW about the number of burnt fuses?

Last edited by SnakeByte, Sep 21, 2019
  20. g4jek8j54

g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    United States
    Hi. This is probably a stupid question, but I figure that it is better to be safe than sorry. Anyway, I bought a Switch Lite today (which is on firmware 8.1.1, although I don't think this is relevant to this question), along with Link's Awakening. Now, I also have an unhacked Switch which is on firmware 1.0.0, along with some games that will work on that firmware.

Anyway, my question is this. Are Switch cartridges read-only? Can I safely play, for example, my copy of Breath of the Wild on my Switch Lite, and then go back to playing it on my 1.0.0 Switch, or can this not safely be done? Also, neither Switch has ever been connected to the internet, and I do not intend to connect either one to the internet.

I'm pretty sure that they are read-only, and that I have nothing to worry about with playing my 1.0.0 games on both Switches. However, I wanted to confirm, so I don't get a "nag screen" on the 1.0.0 Switch, or worse yet, accidentally update the 1.0.0 Switch in any way (which would defeat the purpose of me buying the Switch Lite in the first place).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted