SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

epickid37 Nov 1, 2017.

1. kruptah

kruptah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Canada
    Am at the step 'sending a payload' on this guide: https://switchgui.de/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sending_payload/

Has anyone completed this step for Mac?

What you need
    • The latest release of fusee-interfacee-tk
    • The latest release of Hekate
    • A USB-A to USB-C cable (or a standard USB-C cable if your computer natively supports USB-C)
    Instructions
    1. Download and run the payload injector (if you are on Linux, you will need to run this program as root or use sudo.)
    2. Connect your Switch in RCM to your PC using the USB cable
    3. Wait for your Switch to be shown as found in the injector
    4. Press Select Payload, and navigate to and select your hekate_ctcaer .bin file
    5. Click Send Payload! to launch Hekate
    Please let me know what to do.

Also, if you could take a look at these screenshots and tell me weather my. directory is looking correct or not:

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    United Kingdom
    North West England
    I have 2 questions, since I've been back and I'veseen a few things I'm interested in:.

1. What is warmboot? Benefits? Required firmware.

2. Is USB loading via the Dock a thing yet? I always imagined that XCI files would eventually be loadable through a USB.

3. Mike_77712

Mike_77712 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    Is there a way to get my switch to reboot to Hekate or emunand after restarting my sysnand instead of having it reboot sysnand again? I think i remember my switch rebooting directly to hekate from sysnand before i updated to 9.0.0.

4. SnakeByte

SnakeByte Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2011
    United States
    I use this to inject on the mac (Must use Google Chrome):
    (Sorry, the forum won't let me provide the link.... search google for "Nintendo switch payload injector web cfw" -- it'll be the top non-ad result)

It's super easy to use and already has the Hekate payload to choose from -- just put the switch in RCM mode and connect it to the mac. When you click "Delivery Payload", Chrome should prompt you to connect to APX. Once you affirm that, the payload should execute.

kruptah likes this.
  5. benheisenberg

benheisenberg Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    Germany
    So uhm, small problem here. Updated to 8.0.1 and no payload is booting up the system. ReinX flashes the splash screen, then the sept logo and then the switch turns off.

Anybody got any suggestions? Already restored the switch from a backup and it's still working fine, so no bricky here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

6. kruptah

kruptah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Canada
    Received two logs for both the bin and ini files I sent.

Requesting access to device...
    Using uploaded payload "hekate_ctcaer_5.0.2.bin"
    Preparing to launch uploaded...
    Connected to NVIDIA Corp. APX

Is this the only confirmation it executed successfully or the is the fact hekate
    didn't launch with black screen mean my switch is patched?

if its patched, what can
    I do next to mod my console?

Last edited by kruptah, Sep 21, 2019
  7. Aquid

Aquid Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2019
    Germany
    Hello there. A question regarding updating: Should I update to a higher firmware?
    My Switch is running firmware 3.0.1 and is not patched (vulnerable to fusee-gelee).
    As far as I understand, the Switch being not patched means I can run CFW on any firmware.
    But is there anything special I can do with a lower firmware? Or what are some arguments against updating (from 3.0.1 specifically)?

8. PhyChris

PhyChris GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2009
    Canada
    hey guys. My only options for payload injection are PC (usb2.0) and raspberry pi 3. is there a pre-setup PI image or Linux live USB floating around?

9. Matchitza

Matchitza Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    Indonesia
    Can anyone do an ELI5 explanation of this line at Atmosphere's github?

Does this have something to do with sigpatches to launch games?

10. MegaBloopy

MegaBloopy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2019
    United States
    I used bootcamp

11. battleicious

battleicious Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2019
    United States
    Looking for suggestions. I want to go online and have a clean nand backup on 6. Is there a way to upgrade my clean nand to 8.1.0 instead of being forced to jump to 9.0 after i restore the clean nand? Specifically looking for a clean way of doing this to prevent a ban or someone to let me know if 9.0 is ok to stay on (non patched switch, dont care about fuses). I could potentially downgrade my emummc once setup to 8.1.0 or stick with 9.0 if its fully supported now. Just worried about support for 9.0. Any ideas?

12. Teletron1

Teletron1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    Does this have something to do with sigpatches to launch games?[/QUOTE]

two separate things

sigs are the keys (make sure you have the latest)
    the modules are how the system reads (this is for developers to re-write)

13. LuigiXL

LuigiXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    Sorry if covered but I couldn’t find it anywhere else.

I have a Switch with SX OS and would like to transfer two saves over to a new Switch Lite, is it possible without updating OFW? (I use emunand if it helps) I don’t care if Sx unit gets banned (but it hasn’t been yet) but unsure if to create a Nintendo account and use it on the old Switch or the new one, or both?

14. Allanon_shannara

Allanon_shannara Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    Italy
    A simple (for you, not for me) question:

i got a 256 sd card to use and i format with minitool partition wizard a first partition of 30gb in fat32 and leave the rest in raw. I do this for using emummc option (as a lot of guides on internet says) but the games, installed through goldleaf & goldtree, are still storing in this little partition of 30 gb.

Is there a way to put them in the ~200gb second partition? Seems weird to have a big sd and then use only 30 gb...

15. Teletron1

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    the 30 was unformatted 16mb unallocated and the rest is fat32
    [​IMG]

16. Allanon_shannara

Allanon_shannara Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    Italy
    I got this situation:
    sd_card.

What you suggest me to do?

17. Zaxxx

Zaxxx Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2018
    United States
    Ok, I will make first emummc, but do I need to downgrade with ChoiDujour or I can restore/downgrade backup with stock firmware from Hekate payload, I think I can do that because I update this with choidujour?

I'm askingt make sure, thanks a lot :)

18. fiver40

fiver40 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2019
    Canada
    I just picked up a unpatched switch running 4.1.

I have a RCM jig and 128GB MicroSD on the way coming tomorrow.

I have a Mac and an Android phone.

Could someone point me in the direction for a good tutorial to follow if I'm not missing anything?

Also I know in the FAQ it says that all firmwares are fine but the switch is asking me to do a system upgrade to 9.0 which it seems like there isn't CFW running properlly for it yet. Should I avoid going online/updating for awhile? Will I need to update either way to mod it?

19. Christian Rosado

Christian Rosado GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    So is it "safer" using NSPs on offline emuMMC? (atmosphere) I dont go online in the partition at all. I only use online in clean sysnand. Or Am I not doing others are to avoid that ban?

20. Teletron1

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH

ricominciare :) repartition everything

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted