SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Hekate needs the payloads in bootloader/payloads/
    I am not sure. I didn't had to install these drivers. Try TegraRcmSmash instead?

2. tehoivun

tehoivun Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    if i set up emummc, am I safe to update to 9.0 on sysnand?

CatTheDestroyer likes this.
  3. AventGG

AventGG Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2019
    Germany
    I'm who is trying to get my first homebrew to work on my switch.

My switch version is 9.0 and I'm using the up 2 date version of Hekate, Kosmos, Atmosphere ( I used sdsetup today ).
    The switch isn't patched so I had no problems entering RCM with a jig and using TegraRCM. I made a backup on my sd card and blocked the connections using 90dns.

But as soon as I try to launch a CFW it shows me the Kosmos Artwork and jumps back to the hekate mainmenu. Its the same on sysnand and emunand. I searched for answers but everything I find is people getting stuck which isn't the case since I can still use the hekate menu.

Someone mind helping me out? Please

4. Xen0

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Germany
    Quite confused about the 9.0 Update. Ihave emummc and sysmmc on 8.1. Will anything break or be strange if I Update sysmmc to 9.0?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You do not need emuMMC to update sysMMC to 9.0 but there is no reason to update to 9.0 unless you live or die by online play.

Is your SD card formatted as FAT32?

Not everything is supported on firmware 9.0 such as custom themes and certain homebrew applications which is why I recommend not updating to 9.0 for the time being

Xen0 likes this.
  6. Christian Rosado

Christian Rosado GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    So Im using atmosphere. Then NSP is more recommended? What do you personally use? thanks

Last edited by Christian Rosado, Sep 20, 2019
  7. barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2016
    United States
    okay so i went ahead and updated thru ChoiDujour with 8.1, before i updated i had 4 or 5 burnt fuses. i checked with bricmii payload. when using ChoiDujour it had the prevent fuses from being burnt and everything went smooth. so out of curiosity i checked again with bricmii and now it says 10.
    is it saying 10 because of firmware and is wrong or did i mess up?i followed the home-brew guide and did it all thru the switch.
    so basically downgrading is not a option anymore correct?

Last edited by barelynotlegal, Sep 20, 2019
  8. Allanon_shannara

Allanon_shannara Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    Italy
    I got a problem... During an installation using goldleaf and goldtree (atmosphere cfw) my pc got shutted down and the process stopped.
    Now on the menu games I got a blank icon... What I've to do?

Redoing the process of installation from the beginning ? Or there is a way for delete the trace of this incomplete installation?

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If you boot into OFW without a bootloader like Hekate, then you burnt your fuse, 10 fuse is for 8.1.0 firmware.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes, also NSP is slightly smaller size than XCI.

10. barelynotlegal

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2016
    United States
    @Hayato213
    thank you. totally forgot that. as i had booted to ofw a few times.. o well lets make a dirty nand backup lol

11. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Go into setting then data management and delete the incomplete installed game.

12. Tackskull

Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    I want to buy a second switch console and hack it. I've read that the last model release have a firm ware too high to be hacked, so this mean I have to buy a switc console old enough for the hack. How can I see which console is the good one? There are differences in box? I saw in a shop close to my house a switch console that come in boundle with pokemon pikachu and themed joycon, is that one good or not? Which boundle console are ok?

13. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    It is based on serial number, Pokemon Let Go bundle are patched unit, you can't use fusee gelee exploit with it. Read the link below to help you with your search.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

14. Tackskull

Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    This seems to be a problem becauseI want to buy a new switch but I can't know the serial number until I don't buy one and see the serial number on the console. There isn't a way to understand if the console is hackable looking on the box? For example I saw the last model of switch has a different color and different imagee printed on the box.

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Well newer unit you just going to get a patched unit , you going want to get a pre July 2018 system as that was the time patched unit start coming out.

16. Barkermsh

Barkermsh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2016
    Maybe a noob problem, but I have updated to the latest atmosphere for 9.0
    It's installed fine, but on the app options in the R+A on album (EdiZon, GoldLeaf, etc) the joycon controls are not working?

It works everywhere else, and the touch screen works.. but it's abit hard, as there is no touch button for back or certain buttons etc.

17. Mogiie

Mogiie Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2018
    Greece
    I mean if I don't RCM will it boot to 5.1?

18. PlasticK

PlasticK Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2017
    Russia
    how can i launch a game without installing the gameupdate? is there a possibility?

so right now im on 6.0.0 firmware, i wanted to update to 8.10 using ChoiDujourNX but i don't know how. i read that you need to have the firmware files of the fw you're currently running and the one you wanna upgrade to. i dont know if im on 6.0.0 prelease or final,is there a way to verifiy it?

switch homebrew/customfirmware is driving me nuts.

i dumped my mario kart 8 cart with nxdumptool to the xci format on my 128gb fat32 sdcard because i thought it was the go to format for retail carts. turns out goldleaf cant install xci files. then i dumped it as nsp and installed it, but i need to update the game which i obviously can't.

and intalling split nsp games on fat32 was very difficult for me, i was renaming the files like a dumbass before i found that you have to set the folder to archvie.

tinfoil doesnt work either. when i try to run it: "install enviromnet is corrupt, please redownload and extract entire zip to your sdcard". downloaded from sdsetup.com / tinfoil official site.
    and when i do that, my homebrewmenu doesnt work anymore.

all those guides seem to be outdated quite quickly or have very sparse information or there is always some homebrew / cfw version mismatch going on

Last edited by PlasticK, Sep 20, 2019
  19. barelynotlegal

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2016
    United States
    anyone know a working goldleaf/goldtree combo? i had it running well on my last console, but now this UI is completely different and i see no option to usb install. did i miss something on the switch side? i have tried goldleaf 7.2 all the way to 6.xx doesnt look like what i had previos console with same firmware, and for some reason im in "applet mode" and have no way to install/play game..

20. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    I can answer your first question. I don't know where you've read that you need the files of your current FW, but I can tell you, you don't. What you might want, is a Nand backup of your current FW, so that if something goes wrong during the update, you can always restore the Nand backup and try again. You will of course need the FW files for the FW you want to upgrade to though.

Why are you trying to dump your Mario Kart 8 cart? To play the game without needing the Game Card?

Can't help you out with Tinfoil, I don't use that anymore.

And yes, the thread about installing split nsp files contains very little info about how to actually do it. Back when I did it, I had no idea what the set archive bit did, or even what it meant. So I had to figure it out on my own too. I never did get around to explain how it works. Maybe I should do that...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted