SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. CatTheDestroyer

CatTheDestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Italy
    aah, damn! lol. At least I used the bigger partition and I have space for all of my stuff! :D
    Did i ruin my switch for future "ligitimate" online use? I literally did this procedure yesterday evening and installed games via Goldleaf on the SD, not the internal memory. If i did, well, it's on me and I'll be ok ;) The only thing I'm remotely interested is animal crossing next year, I've never been a big online gamer.

I followed his steps exactly the same, the only thing i did different was giving a bigger space to the second partition (he did 29k b, i did 32k b cus i had issues in the past and i read that giving it more space solved them. Which, it did.). It's also why i assumed the emunand was installed by the homebrew in the first bigger partition, cus that's where it detected the files needed for it? maybe? The only selectable partition was the one I chose, iirc.

thank you again guys!

2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    CatTheDestroyer likes this.
  3. CatTheDestroyer

CatTheDestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Italy
    pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  4. Zaxxx

Zaxxx Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2018
    United States
    Hi,
    I already have CFW 6.2 atmosphere but i started one year ago, and i notice there is a lot new stuff, like emunand.
    I already bought new 512gb micro sd card and i want to setup fresh cfw, that means i want to go back to stock firmware, i have gpp raw nand and boot0/1 and next make emunand with cfw.
    How safety go back to stock?
    What i supposed to download to have the best features on console for now?

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    What I should have said it is a fast moving scene, if you go away for a few months , a lot would change so that is normal. 90DNS is a DNS to block Nintendo server, Incognito is to edit your prod.info to block communication with Nintendo server. Think you talking about HBG Shop, it is a modified version of Tinfoil, where you can install game directly on to the system, since it is hosted off Google Drive, sometime stuffs won't download if there are so many people trying to download the same thing.

6. CatTheDestroyer

CatTheDestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Italy
    ah, sorry for insisting but:
    "Did i ruin my switch for future "legitimate" online use? I literally did this procedure yesterday evening and installed games via Goldleaf on the SD, not the internal memory." I think the term I was thinking of was "dirting" the system.
    can anyone answer this?

I'm taking full advantage of this noob paradise thread :rofl:

Last edited by CatTheDestroyer, Sep 20, 2019
  7. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    United Kingdom
    North West England
    Thanks so much for the detailed answer. You've helped a lot there! Are there and games that require formate 9.0.0 yet?

8. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    Not yet, even TLoZ Links Awakening is playable on 8.1.0

9. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    United Kingdom
    North West England
    Thanks again. Nice to know! Are there any benefits to 9.0.0 right now then over 8.1.0? Or is it just to say "latest update"?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I don't think Y'allAreNUTS works on firmware 9.0. Use another save manager such as Checkpoint or EdiZon.

1. Offline the risks are the same between the two
    2. ZeroTwoXCI, dOPUS, or n1dus all can install .XCI files
    3. Neither is recommended over the other as both have their advantages and disadvantages. However I should mention that when not using SX OS, installing a .XCI file is like installing a .NSP file in that when you install a .XCI file, what you are really doing is converting it to a .NSP file then installing it. Directly installing the .XCI file involves less steps from the user as you do not need to convert the .XCI file yourself
    We were not able to dump the NAND until April so you definitely did not do that in January when we didn't even know what type of exploit TX or ReSwitched would be using for their CFW.

Anyway, you can restore your 4.X backup even with a fuse count of 6. Simply bypass the fuse check with a custom bootloader such as Hekate, ReiNX, SX OS, etc. In order to make it easier to use a custom bootloader, you can enable AutoRCM to prevent the stock bootloader from starting.

I recommend setting up emuMMC first then restoring your BOOT0/BOOT1 and eMMC raw GPP

Zaxxx and Dreamy Luigi like this.
  11. tehoivun

tehoivun Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    Hello all, is there a way to update my emummc to 9.0? I just created the partition and it's on 8.1

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX

13. tehoivun

tehoivun Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    Thank you. Also how can i be sure I'm actually on emummc?

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you are using Atmosphere, there is an E at the end of your version string in System Settings. If you are using SX OS, then you have to resort to indirect means.

15. kruptah

kruptah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Canada
    Is my Switch fusee-melee vulnerable?

Trying to:
    1. Plug your Switch into your PC using your USB cable.
    2. Run the command ‘sudo python3 ./fusee-launcher.py ./fusee-test.bin’

But I'm receiving an error in terminal: '
      sudo: python3: command not found'

Mind you I've gone through the tutorial here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fusee-gelee-tutorial-for-osx-users.501950/ and made the appropriate installs.

Where've I gone wrong? Please advise.

16. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Don't be so complicated. Enter RCM and inject a payload with Tegra. For example if you inject hekate and you enter the hekate menu your switch is not patched.

17. Teletron1

Teletron1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    does the TegraRcmGUI not play nice with windows 10?

18. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    I have windows 10 and it works fine for me.

19. kruptah

kruptah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Canada
    Booting into Argon and hekate is there which launch except I have no payloads found.

Where should I be putting said payloads on my microSD? With the others in Home/argon/payloads? Cause none of those currently are being found by hekate.

20. Teletron1

Teletron1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    am I forgetting to do something else ? even when I tried to install the driver for goldleaf it wasn't detecting system

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted