SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Teletron1

Teletron1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    as far as i know one payload.bin is for the device you use on your switch in rcm mode so for you it should be your r4

2. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    United Kingdom
    North West England
    Hi guys.

Everytime I come back to the switch hacking scene so much has changed. I've been content for quite some time with my setup and haven't needed to update for any reason, so I can't remember exactly which version of ReiNX or Atmosphere I'm even using right now... Is there any way to find out?

I want to update everything on my switch, so that it's running on the latest CFW and the latest ReiNX/ Atmosphere and I'm able to get full functionality out of it including installation of more recent games (if I even need newer FW for that). I've read something about Signature Patches somewhere too, guessing an update added more checks that a sig patch will prevent? I'm thinking that THESE are the patches, and they just go in the atmosphere (exefs_patches)/ ReiNX (Patches) folders respectively?

I really just need a guide or something that I can check out that can help me get up to date with everything I need. A little direction and help with this would be great!

Thanks a lot :D

3. FellDreagon95

FellDreagon95 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2017
    United States
    Is it worth updating the ofw and cfw? I installed atmosphere cfw (not Kosmos, Reinx, or sxos) back in June this year and haven't updated anything since. Ofw is at 8.1.0 and cfw is at 0.9.1.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You can always update CFW files, Kosmos is just a file pack with Atmosphere as it CFW, stay at 8.1.0 for now if you don't want headache on 9.0.0 firmware.

5. DiddyKongVsTheWorld

DiddyKongVsTheWorld Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Canada
    Hey so i just update my switch from 5.1.0 to 8.1.0 (sxos) and now almost all of my games are asking me for a system update. What should i do ? Also i cant seem to turn on the console without booting it with sxos. Thank you.

6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Set up 90DNS or Blawar's Incognito if you don't want the update nag.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It is a fast moving console my friend since we are already up to 9.0.0 firmware. I recommend Atmosphere as it get the most feature and quickest update for CFW support, Signature patches allows you to run unsigned games and homebrew, the directory in sig patch pack tell you where to put them.

https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/beforestarting

If you really wants a guide you can read this.

7. barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2016
    United States
    just curios, is emunand just for sxos? wanting to keep my 4.1 OFW sysnans and run a 8.1 emunand.
    (i believe thats the right terminology) my switch om sxos is dead and im to cheap at the moment to spend another 30, only has the sxos a few weeks lol.
    so my replacement is a clean 4.1 out of the box.
    for some reason something tells me i want to keep my fuses, as my dead one i got on 8.0 and didnt care cause i knew it was too late.
    what do you suggest, from what i read nintendo online you have to pay like psn+ or something

8. Matg

Matg Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    Brazil
    It shows burnt fuses equal to 8.1. I thought that through ChoidujourNX that wouldn`t happen. Well too bad then. Is there any way I can into my OFW? I only have a clean backup from 6.1.

9. DiddyKongVsTheWorld

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Canada
    oh thank you
    not working, it says a system update is required in order to use this software

10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You don't have to update as 90DNS is a dns configuration, you can run Incognito inside your homebrew menu.

Believe there is no emunand for patched unit for SX OS user, you can use pegascape on 4.1 firmware and set up an emunand partition running on Atmosphere CFW.

11. DiddyKongVsTheWorld

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Canada
    yes i put the dns addresses still get the prompt

12. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Try going into the maintenance menu and then reboot into CFW.

13. barelynotlegal

Mar 30, 2016
    United States
    @Hayato213
    guess what i meant to say is until i can afford another license im going to use atmosphere or reinx. was wondering if no sxos user can run a emunand and if so can you point me in the right direction? prettysure i want to keep the 4.1 OFW (i think lol)

14. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Only emunand available for patched unit right now is through Atmosphere. ReiNX and SX OS has no emunand for patched unit. You can follow this for emummc.

https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/beforestarting

Last edited by Hayato213, Sep 20, 2019
  15. barelynotlegal

Mar 30, 2016
    United States
    @Hayato213
    my unit is not patched, i did the manual test and got the QR code. since then i have backed up my entire nand/boot and the user/system. just in case. just dont want to run anything until im sure of things

16. DiddyKongVsTheWorld

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Canada
    thats the thing, eversince the update i cant boot it in original firmware its just not turning on

17. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If you can enter RCM mode and push a payload then you have unpatched unit, well you don't have to pay 30 bucks or so if you just want to play backup, Atmosphere can do that fine, only if you want to mount HDD, run XCI off a HDD then you go with SX OS, do a clean NAND backup before you run any CFW on it. Fuse and firmware doesn't matter if it is unpatched unit, only patched unit you have to stay at the firmware to use for your entry point.

What firmware you are on?

18. DiddyKongVsTheWorld

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Canada

19. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You can try using Kosmos pack, there is a stock option that allow you to boot into OFW inside Hekate.

20. barelynotlegal

Mar 30, 2016
    United States
    @Hayato213
    thanX. the only reason i went with TX is cause of the external feature, and the built in cheat codes. other than that it seems cfw is the way to go.
    so basically i can update to say 8.1 and if needed i could downgrade again the 4.1 nand correct?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted