SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. LuigiXL

LuigiXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    I am wondering if to use my third party dock on my Switch. Ever since the great "3p docks brick the Switch" debacle a couple of years back I have held off using it regularly (once on 6.x and it seemed fine) I am wondering was there ever any truth to it if using the official AC adaptor?

Last edited by LuigiXL, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Gamese

Gamese Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    United States
    Ok so... two new questions:

1) I tried booting a cartridge which used to work on my switch (BOTW)... but I get an error "Could not start software Please try again from the HOME menu". How do I solve this?
    2) What's the easiest way to get from 6.2.0 to 8.1 as @Draxzelex mentioned? I found a guide from @rajkosto titled: "How to install/run ANY Switch firmware UNOFFICIALLY (WITHOUT burning any fuses)"

Thank you in advance.

3. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    current FW

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It is a hardware issue, not a software issue. The third-party docks are lacking a part that the official docks have. The charger will also not make a difference.

1. What changed since you were last able to use your cartridge?
    2. Unfortunately the guide you linked has a tool that only supports up to firmware 6.1. A more streamlined app called ChoiDujourNX is better for this process

You only answered half of my questions

LuigiXL likes this.
  5. Something whatever

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    9.0.0 on OFW and the CFW I use is Atmosphere I didnt set up a emuNND yet just hacked it last week XD

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    emuMMC does not really make a difference here but if you are on firmware 9.0 and Atmosphere is not auto-booting, your CFW version is probably outdated. Update your build of Atmosphere.

Something whatever likes this.
  7. Something whatever

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    Ah got it, I'll give it a go. Thanks Scorbunny :D

Draxzelex likes this.
  8. kruptah

kruptah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Canada
    Can somebody please help me with modding my switch or direct me to the right thread or guide?

Current system version: 9.0.0

Have a r4s to inject payloads and microSD with the following contents:

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.33.04 AM.

I'm using argon with multiple payloads and R4S Dongle Firmware to boot into the launcher where I'll select SX OS or any other one to only encounter issues with launching them.

For instance SX OS will turn off my Switch completely requiring a hard reset to power back on the console.

Do I require the SX Loader as I'm not a pro user yet?

Also, where do I extract xci files to on my Switch, the /Nintendo/Albums folder, correct?

Regards.

Last edited by kruptah, Sep 19, 2019
  9. abicio

abicio Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    I’ve been running atmosphere (currently 0.9.2) on my switch for a while but now the battery is draining oddly. Yesterday I fully charged it via the official dock to 100%. I put the switch in sleep mode in the morning and went to work for 9 hours. During that time 2% drained to 98%. I thought maybe I was imaging the battery drain problem. I put it back in sleep mode overnight and now it’s only at 20%. Does this type of behavior indicate the battery is going bad?

Last edited by abicio, Sep 19, 2019
  10. 2pado

2pado Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2010
    United States
    Hi, i already have a jig and my Switch is in the "orange" region, i was reading this guide:

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sending_payload/

But i am unsure as to what am i looking for to see if my Switch is patched or not, there is no step that indicates "The process will stop here if your Switch is patched" and the link sent me to "Sending a payload" first and then "Preparing the SD" later, but preparing the SD is normally first on the tutorial so idk what am i supposed to do first.

Last edited by 2pado, Sep 19, 2019
  11. kruptah

kruptah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Canada
    With firmware version 9.0.0 can I use a r4s I received recently?

I'm trying to launch any payload, but none of them seem to work although I've only tried sxos.

12. Teletron1

Teletron1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    my rcm loader came so I plan to hack my switch today it shows files on it from 4/1/19 for the bin (this is the fusee-p.bin that you replace and rename to payload.bin with current correct?) so you can use the latest correct thats found with 9.4 or take the one from 9.3? or there is only one file that never gets updates

will try atmosphere

so from what I understand right now its best to not update atmos to 9.4 but to go for 9.3 and use goldleaf 7.0 not the latest?

Is it ok to use latest sig/patches since they will be more up to date? for when 9.5 comes since 9.4 had to have patchwork done to it are that might not come for a while?

and should nro be in a folder or doesn't matter (switch/nros)

also wanted to know is there a multiboot system where you could boot into different versions so if my switch is on 6.2 I could have 6.2ofw + current ofw + cfw/emu or most people just go the downgrade method? (is this what hekate does?) (yes I know don't burn fuses it prevents downgrades)

thank you

***ok I figured this out somewhat similar to android ***

Last edited by Teletron1, Sep 20, 2019
  13. Hesham

Hesham Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    Egypt
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hmm idk I guess something on my SD card that shouldn't be there. I never used themes though. I just used the kosmos package mainly

14. CatTheDestroyer

CatTheDestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Italy
    After injecting Hekate into my switch, I'm doing the system backup. Can i unplug the usb and charge the system with its cable? It was at 80% but since it's taking quite a while I'm afraid for it to turn off mid-backup and ruin something :(
    also, can i remove the rmc jig after injection of any payload?

cheers

15. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    Yes, you can remove the jig after entering RCM and unplug the USB cable after injecting the payload

16. CatTheDestroyer

CatTheDestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Italy
    so right now while it's doing its backup, i can just unplug everything and start charging it right?

17. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    Yes as I mentioned

CatTheDestroyer likes this.
  18. CatTheDestroyer

CatTheDestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Italy
    cheers mate, sorry for making you say it twice, english is not my first language and i wanted to make sure :rofl: thanks!

19. Hesham

Hesham Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    Egypt
    Well I tried again and on my SD card is the latest kosmos and I used the latest hekate still no luck :/

20. kruptah

kruptah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Canada
    Can somebody please help me troubleshoot and get my r4s running?

These are the files I require in my main directory of my mocroSD card, correct?

Where does the payload.bin go to replace the other bin file and also xci files?

If anyone knows a throughout guide for running a r4s let me know.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted