PS5 EDM-031 - UART Error 80050003 & more

  • Thread starter Thread starter gene-
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,172
  • Replies Replies 6

gene-

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Mar 5, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
27
XP
37
Country
Austria
Hi there, I am currently working on a PS5 from a coworker, which does not turn on properly. When pressing the start button it beeps, blue light goes on for a few seconds and then it shuts down.
I have checked the UART and found 4 codes these are:

B0088108LowKnown Unknown

808B00FF

3D09.02.2026 21:03:10C0020303LowAPU Not Responding - Trying Init or Reboot - 3 - (User Submitted: System wont start Blue Light Flashes), Check Fuses F3501, F7501

80050003

The only error left now when reading the UART is 80050003, I did not work on the PS5 prior and apparently the PSU has been swapped.

Sadly this error is completely unknown and there is no documentation for it.

I have checked standby voltages and 12V, 5V and 3.3V are all fine. Couldn't find any shorts on the obvious spots and checked the whole board by now.
Thermal camera also shows nothing, when power injecting.

When checking this forum I came upon an error code list and 2 of my errors were fixed by swapping the Infineon XDPE Chip, which I would prefer not to do unless I can rule out any other defects.

I hope someone is able to help me out. Thanks!
 
B0088108 = XDPE bus error (case: defect XDPE chip. After replacement PS5 working again.)
808B00FF = SSD controller watch dog timer error. (case: XDPE faulty. After replacement PS5 working again.)

I would check around the XDPE chip:

XDPE_readings.png
 
B0088108 = XDPE bus error (case: defect XDPE chip. After replacement PS5 working again.)
808B00FF = SSD controller watch dog timer error. (case: XDPE faulty. After replacement PS5 working again.)

I would check around the XDPE chip:

View attachment 560523
I was hoping it wouldn't be the chip, will try some readouts thank you!
 
Little follow up!

I've managed to swap the XDPE Chip, lost 1 capacitor in the process but already replaced it.
Seems like the XDPE was faulty but the PS5 is not working yet.

I'm now getting 2 different error codes, the others are gone (or haven't appeared since the swap).
Codes:
80810001
C00C0303

Appears to me like 80810001 results from the other one and I assume I somewhere have a short around the chip. I checked the replaced cap but it's soldered correctly.
 
C00C0303 = VRM controller access error. There seemes to be still an issue with the XDPE chip.
I would check the both pins 9 (SDA) and 10 (SCL) for good readings.
 
Readings are somewhat off, but not sure if it's still in range of being fine.

Diode: 616mV
Resistance: 16,3k

I have checked the caps all around the Chip again. Like 90% of them beeped from both sides (measuring for continuity). I'm assuming it's because the area of the board cause I can't imagine all of them being broken.
 
What the current behaviour of the ps5? What's the power sequence when connected to a power supply? Are you getting the right signal on the enable pin of the xdpe?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted