SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    If you follow every step, it’s very unlikely. Also the first step should be to create a NAND backup and if your console brick you can restore it.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Just use real Tinfoil.

3. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Nevermind

4. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    Real Tinfoil is tinfoil.io, right?

5. qazwasdere

qazwasdere Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2019
    Malaysia
    any other alternative beside 90dns and incognito? i had used 90dns but 'the' download speed is very slow...if possible i don't want to use incognito becuase it delete something from the switch, or i should set up a new dns, like google dns, etc? also, my homebrew menu kept launching when i start to play Overcooked 2 which require me to press both L, R to start the game, suddenly homebrew menu opened

Last edited by qazwasdere, Aug 18, 2019
  6. akira022

akira022 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    Was sitting 3 feet from the switch today with two others playing and my joycons kept losing connections. I checked and they were fully charged. First time I have had this happen. How far should they be able to go?

7. bird333

bird333 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    Can you use the same online account on two different Switches? If so, are there any issues/drawbacks? In particular, if you want to delete the account from one of the Switches to sell it.

8. JumpGamer09

JumpGamer09 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United States
    Have an issue here: my Switch's battery is being drained 1% every few seconds. Having it plugged to an official charger brings the battery up to 100% within a few minutes. Full reboot doesn't seem to be of help.

How do I fix this? I have AutoRCM enabled, Komos AMS 0.9.2, Hekate v5.0.0.

9. Knaack

Knaack Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2009
    United States
    I doing an initial install on my switch. I ended up backing up the nand prior to doing anything else, then ran lockpick RCM as recommended to back up the keys. However, I did both of these things prior to making an EmuMMC. Will that dirty my sysNAND at all?

10. JumpGamer09

JumpGamer09 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United States
    Tried leaving it charged for over an hour, but my Switch's battery will immediately start draining again once I unplug the charger.

Last edited by JumpGamer09, Aug 18, 2019
  11. Spinsz

Spinsz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2019
    United States
    Was wondering how I would move everything over to a larger SD card? Would I just partition the new one and just copy everything over along with the emuNAND and boot up like normal? Again, thank you all for the help!

12. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    I'd use goldleaf but it doesn't have network install so I have to use dz.

13. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    does anyone know how to use cheats on retroarch? can I do it from homebrew or do I have to use the nsp version. i have cheats on my sd card but I can't figure out how to use them.

14. alcyppa

alcyppa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    Italy
    Is there any way to transfer save files between sysMMC and emuMMC (I'm on atmosphere)?

15. akira022

akira022 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    Well, I have tried several things from 90dns to pi-hole(with nintendo server list) and both. Seems like my switch doesnt even see that I have changed my dns. Went into pi-hole then ran 90dns tester to see the urls pop up in pi-hole but the switch didnt show up at all. I can go on my computer and see it show up in pi-hole just not the switch. So....I am not understanding what I need to do to block updates so I dont have to worry about getting the update nag or any system update for that matter since I can only get into cfw via fakenews. any suggestions?

16. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    No, your sysMMC should be clean.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/moving-emummc-hidden-partition-to-a-larger-sd-card.545094/

You can use Checkpoint to extract the save files to your sd card, but using Checkpoint will make your sysMMC dirty if you want to keep it clean.

Last edited by aarti, Aug 19, 2019
  17. dysseus

dysseus Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2019
    Switzerland
    Yes, Only RMC stuff boots. After the ReiNX/atmosphere splashscreen the switch stay black.
    If you're able to help or guide me I would be very greatfull. I read about Mattys rep kit but It starts with FW6.1... I was on FW5.1. To build Boot0/1 for FW5.1 i need my Keys.txt... Is this a short name of the file (maybe I have those but with the full file name... not sure)?

Last edited by dysseus, Aug 19, 2019
  18. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    Thanks for such detailed explanation.

I don't need the save files in sysNAND as I have backed up using CheckPoint. I'm thinking to revert my switch back to original state before setting up emuNAND.

This is what I'm thinking of doing.

1. Restore my 5.1.0 sysNAND backup.
    2. Factory reset it.
    3. Setup emuNAND and enable AutoRCM
    4. Update emuNAND using CDJNX
    5. Boot into sysNAND using Hekate and update horizon OS normally while connecting to the internet.
    6. Backup sysNAND 8.1.0 using Hekate. This will still consider clean copy correct? Since no CFW running.

Please advise if steps above are correct and in correct sequence?

Thanks

19. mc-kiler

mc-kiler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    Finland
    Is it riskier to install NSP files on the internal space compared to installing it to the sd card

I'm on sysnand and only use the the switch offline

20. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    Once you are running CFW and starts installing NSP files, it doesn't matter where you install them. The risks are the same.

if you want to go online again, you have to restore your NAND backup.

mc-kiler likes this.