Tutorial  Updated

How to setup Atmosphere EmuMMC

The tutorial is more like
Setup EmuMMC, From SX to Atmosphere and keep using the both worlds.
If the moderator by any chance to come here, could you please change the title? Thanks.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

There is always at least a risk to get you banned or unlikely to brick your Switch.

YOU'RE AT YOUR OWN RISK
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR BAN.

You can use your current setup of SX's Emunand (hidden partition on the SD) to boot Atmosphere's Emummc using this tutorial. This will be considered as dual emunand booting. Take advantage of the both worlds.

CLEAN UP SYSNAND
> Skip this step if you're using SX's Emunand and being online on Sysnand.
> If you didn't have any previous clean nand backup before
You have no choice here to clean up a dirty nand without a clean nand backup but to believe in this method
> Stop here if you don't want to hurt yourself or even me

Skip this step if your Switch is a brand new one or never ever been hacked.

Access NAND using PC

What you will need
- biskeydump
https://files.sshnuke.net/biskeydumpv8.zip
Run the payload and write down (or scan QRCode) Bis Key 2
BIS KEY 2 (crypt): NUMBERS
BIS KEY 2 (tweak): NUMBERS

- memloader
https://files.sshnuke.net/memloaderv2.zip
Copy *.* in [sample] folder to SD and plug it in the Switch
Run the payload [memloader.bin]
Unplug any USB cable
> Choose emmc line
> Plug USB C <> USB A cable to the Switch and PC

- HacDiskMount
https://files.sshnuke.net/HacDiskMount1055.zip
Run the tool under Administrator permission
> Open Physical Disk > Choose Linux line
> Double click on SYSTEM and fill BisKeys2 in the small table on top
Crysto > BIS KEY 2 (crypt): NUMBERS
Tweak > BIS KEY 2 (tweak): NUMBERS
> Press on [Test] > you will get OK! Entropy
> From Drive Letter table > Choose a drive disk, N for example.
> Press on [Mount]
Install driver if needed.
Acess N drive from My Computer
> access save folder
> delete all files inside the save folder except 8000000000000120
> Press on [Unmount]

> Double click on USER and fill BisKeys3 in the small table on top
Crysto > BIS KEY 3 (crypt): NUMBERS
Tweak > BIS KEY 3 (tweak): NUMBERS
> Press on [Test] > you will get OK! Entropy
> From Drive Letter table > Choose a drive disk, N for example.
> Press on [Mount]
Install driver if needed.
Acess N drive from My Computer and Delete Everything
> Press on [Unmount] and unplug the USB cable

> Press on [Power] button for 15s or so to reboot the system​

> After rebooting, the system will be in initial setup stage.

CREATE EMUNAND AS HIDDEN PARTITION ON SD
> If you're SX Users and have been using their Emunand as hidden partition, just skip this step, go to COPY FILES
> Take advantage of SX Emunand creator (without valid license needed)
> Your SD will be formatted, backup your savedata and other data are needed.

Before creating emunand > Ensure you did delete all WIFI connections and turned on Airplane / Flight mode

Go to SX website > download their latest boot.dat > copy to the root of your SD
Download payload.bin for activating payload via your chosen tools

SX OS Bootloader Menu
> Options
> EmuNAND
> Create EmuNAND
> Hidden Partition on microSD

You will get "successfully done"

COPY FILES
Go to Atmosphere GitHub and download the latest release 0.9.0 and extract all files/ folders to the root of your SD

Create > emummc folder on the root of the SD

Create > emummc.ini file inside of emummc folder

Copy and paste this to emummc.ini

[emummc]
emummc_enabled = 1
emummc_sector = 0x2
emummc_nintendo_path = Emutendo <<< delete this line if you're not SX Users or don't want to keep using SX as your primary CFW

I got banned from ReSwitched discord because of Emutendo word. I'd like to help someone out but ended up in unexpected way. But it's okay.

Hope this will help out.
Enjoy!

Last edited by thaikhoa,

thaikhoa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
TRANSFER SX'S EMUNAND AS FILES TO ATMOSPHERE EMUMMC AND KEEP USING THE TWO
> This part is for emunand as files on SD to transfer to SD hidden partition. Skip this if you're using hidden partition.

Temperately create emunand
> Your SD will be formatted, backup your savedata and other data are needed.

From SX OS Bootloader Menu
> Options
> EmuNAND
> Create EmuNAND
> Hidden Partition on microSD
Press cancel as soon as you see 1%.
> Power off the Switch

Extract the first 1024 bytes (1024.bin) from the SD using dd command line
dd bs=512 if=/dev/<your drive, disk2 for example> of=1014.bin skip=0 count=2
You will get 1024.bin

Merge everything for completeemummc.bin
> emunand on files should be a full size nand

SX's Emunand as files on SD will be in sxos\emunand\

The files will be

boot0.bin
boot1.bin
full.00.bin
full.xx.bin

Windows
copy /b 1014.bin + boot0.bin + boot1.bin + full.00.bin + … + full.xx.bin completeemummc.bin

Mac OS
cat 1014 boot0.bin boot1.bin full.00.bin … full.xx.bin > completeemummc.bin

You will get completeemummc.bin

Inject completeemummc.bin back to the hidden partition on the SD using dd command lines
Only on Mac OS
sudo diskutil unmountDisk /dev/<your drive, disk2 for example>
dd if=<path to completeemummc.bin> of=/dev/r<your drive, disk2 for example> bs=2m conv=noerror,notrunc & while pkill -INFO -x dd; do sleep 1; done
Windows
dd if=<path to completeemummc.bin> of=/dev/r<your drive, disk2 for example> bs=2m conv=noerror,notrunc

Enjoy!

Last edited by thaikhoa,
Reactions: annson24

thaikhoa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You do know factory reset the switch doesn't make the NAND clean right?

It will clean everything. If you don't believe it just do the factory restore settings and compare the end result in SYSTEM\save\

Yea, that's why I stated "if you didn't have any previous nand backup". That's no choice but believe. I did 100+ switches but none got banned yet.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will clean everything. If you don't believe it just do the factory restore settings and compare the end result in SYSTEM\save\

Yea, that's why I stated "if you didn't have any previous nand backup". That's no choice but believe. I did 100+ switches but none got banned yet.

Lier

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, but it's okay. my customers are enjoy gaming without a ban.

Guess you can't read, I didn't said anything about your customers, I'm talking doing factory reset, that clear the user partition, doesn't clear the system partition. No need to lie, that you modded 100 consoles. If you gonna write a tutorial provide correct information.

halo5307

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess you can't read, I didn't said anything about your customers, I'm talking doing factory reset, that clear the user partition, doesn't clear the system partition. No need to lie, that you modded 100 consoles. If you gonna write a tutorial provide correct information.
And if you are going to correct someone's tutorial they put time into making, do it in a positive demeanor instead of coming across as a toxic asshole. There was a much better way to share that information.

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it possible to use same emunand with SX OS/Atmo - not conflicts etc.? Also good to have same option as SX have (payload menu) to choice way to boot OFW, disable emunand etc.

thaikhoa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Did you factory restore settings and compare the rest in SYSTEM\save ? You can even delete everything except 8000000000000120 for the system to initial setup. Mean you don't have anything in SYSTEM. Keep in mind, I did write down the line "if you didn't have any previous clean nand backup before" means you have to believe or stay offline > ban yourself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to use same emunand with SX OS/Atmo - not conflicts etc.? Also good to have same option as SX have (payload menu) to choice way to boot OFW, disable emunand etc.

Yes you can. There won't be any issue at all.

Last edited by thaikhoa,
Reactions: Slim45 and wiewiec

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if you are going to correct someone's tutorial they put time into making, do it in a positive demeanor instead of coming across as a toxic asshole. There was a much better way to share that information.

He is providing misleading info.

Did you factory restore settings and compare the rest in SYSTEM\save ? You can even delete everything except 8000000000000120 for the system to initial setup. Mean you don't have anything in SYSTEM.

Yes you can. There won't be any issue at all.

Doesn't save you from a ban.

Reactions: FajitaJohn

Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got banned from ReiSwitch discord because of Emutendo word. I'd like to help someone out but ended up in unexpected way. But it's okay.

Wow. This has to be the first time I see someone so chill about being unfairly banned. Seriously, that's great ! All things apart, thank you for the extensive tutorial, really appreciate it.

Reactions: lordelan

halo5307

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is providing misleading info.
I understand that. All it would take is for you to say something like "Hey man, I think this is incorrect -- factory resetting won't clean your NAND." rather then prefacing your argument with "Liar. Guess you can't read". The modding scene would be much more productive if everyone was a little nicer to each other.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that. All it would take is for you to say something like "Hey man, I think this is incorrect -- factory resetting won't clean your NAND." rather then prefacing your argument with "Liar. Guess you can't read". The modding scene would be much more productive if everyone was a little nicer to each other.

Problem is he shouldn't write a tutorial if he provides misleading info, beside using hacdiskmount to clean nand that is just a myth, only way it is 100% clean is to restore nand backup from pre cfw state.

thaikhoa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guys, keep in mind that
> If you didn't have any previous clean nand backup before you have to believe the clean nand part or do something else.

Problem is he shouldn't write a tutorial if he provides misleading info, beside using hacdiskmount to clean nand that is just a myth, only way it is 100% clean is to restore nand backup from pre cfw state.

Did you even read at all?

If you say it's a misleading info, please point out at least a way to clean up the nand properly. It'd be help someone out. Yeah, without a clean nand backup, there's no way but to believe.

Last edited by thaikhoa,
Reactions: MUDD_BR

halo5307

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I get that and I agree to a certain extent -- everyone is prone to error. My only issue is the toxicity you included in your posts.

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, keep in mind that
> If you didn't have any previous clean nand backup before you have to believe the clean nand part or do something else.

Did you even read at all?

I did read it that why I quote your post in the first place you do know factory reset doesn't error logs store on the system, going online would just get you ban, so your tutorial has misleading info.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I get that and I agree to a certain extent -- everyone is prone to error. My only issue is the toxicity you included in your posts.

If he got his information correctly people won't pick on him. if you got a problem just leave, we don't need him providing misleading info.

thaikhoa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I did read it that why I quote your post in the first place you do know factory reset doesn't error logs store on the system, going online would just get you ban, so your tutorial has misleading info.

It does wipe out error logs. Try yourself. Why delete everything, an empty SYSTEM will leave something left behind?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is a misunderstanding.

The nand cleaning tutorial implies no clean backups were made before, and that the only way to get a nand as clean as possible (I am NOT necessarily saying a full-on clean one) would be to use this method.

Make no difference will still result a ban if he goes online.

It does wipe out error logs. Try yourself. Why delete everything, an empty SYSTEM will leave something left behind?

Factory reset doesn't do your homework.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...