How to setup Atmosphere EmuMMC

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by thaikhoa, Jun 16, 2019.

1. halo5307

halo5307 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    I really hope people don't treat you the way you're treating this guy IRL. Imagine getting a fact wrong and getting promptly shit on, instead of helping them come to an understand as why it was incorrect.
    You seem like a very toxic individual. I hope you find peace with whatever is bugging you.

6adget, FoxMcloud5655, Slim45 and 4 others like this.
  2. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    At least, none got banned using my method in previous tutorial.

3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    I have nothing against him just pointing out his error, as error logs that get people ban is stored on the system partition, doing a factory reset on the system just wipe the user partition, that why people only recommend restoring clean nand backup, if people can unban themselves by factory resetting then everyone would be doing it. Not like I'm attacking him, other people would correct him also anyway.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It doesn't clear logs so you don't need to lies, developers confirmed that already.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/dirty-logs-on-the-switch-can-there-be-anything-done.538929/#post-8643968

In this thread hippy dave call you out on that also.

FajitaJohn likes this.
  4. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Just updated Transfer SX's emunand as files to Atmosphere emummc

Prove that the error logs will be somewhere after factory restore settings. Quote me and I will update as soon as possible. Thanks heaps.

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Lol

6. Phenj

Phenj GBAtemp Fan

May 22, 2018
    Italy
    @thaikhoa I'm using SX-OS emuNAND as Hidden Partition, how can i convert it as a Atmosphere emuNAND?

7. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    You don't need to convert to Atmosphere EmuMMC. Follow the COPY FILES

Go to Atmosphere GitHub and download the latest release 0.9.0 and extract all files/ folders to the root of your SD

Create > emummc folder on the root of the SD

Create > emummc.ini file inside of emummc folder

Copy and paste this to emummc.ini

[emummc]
    emummc_enabled = 1
    emummc_sector = 0x2
    emummc_nintendo_path = Emutendo

Last edited by thaikhoa, Jun 16, 2019
  8. Phenj

Phenj GBAtemp Fan

May 22, 2018
    Italy
    Thank you very much.

thaikhoa likes this.
  9. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London

Hayato is correct; anyone with half a mind on how the switch works will know the following:
    1]Cleaning logs does bs unless you've had your switch offline since using CFW.
    2]Even then relating to point one, Nintendo checks for continuity in the logs.
    3]Just cause you clean it doesn't mean you're 100% safe.
    4]Only known 100% safe way is to use untouched pre-CFW NAND.
    5]There's no bullet proof way to adjust logs and etc, don't attempt it.
    6]Factory reset doesn't touch the logs.

STOP spreading mis-information as it may end up getting people banned either straight away or down the line, Hayato is correct; accept you've mis-informed and don't be ignorant.

Either way credits on the tutorial just fix the mis-information, be more open to criticism and learn rather than being arrogant; I'm a fair person thus why I still give you credit for the guide but you NEED to fix the mis-information, a CLEAN NAND is 100% better than CLEARING LOGS, that NINTENDO CHECKS for continuity.

Btw here's a fact, you CAN'T CLEAN A DIRTY NAND.

Last edited by TariqSoftDev, Jun 16, 2019
    FajitaJohn likes this.
  10. Niels Van Son

Niels Van Son Unspecified Life Form

Jan 1, 2016
    France
    Mirepoix, Ariège, Occitanie
    Actually, I have a few questions.

So, I have a clean, pre-CFW 5.1.0 full backup on my nand that I'm about to restore on my switch. I checked the fuses, all is good (I upgraded to 6.2.0 without burning the fuses but I don't really recall how because I don't remember undergoing the painful process of ChoixdujourNX).

Once that's done, I should be able to go online again. Thing is, I'll still be on 5.1.0, and I would like to update to 8.0 without having to burn the fuses on OFW ; So my questions are : Can I get banned when booting from hekate and autorcm to atmosphere to avoid the fuse check ? And either way, how could I go online without having to worry about burning fuses ?

This may not be the best place to ask that, but since it's somewhat related to the subject of the thread, I thought I would seek some help there.

Thank you !

11. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    The first post was trying to help the OP to understand, problem was he refused to be helped. It went downhill from there.

I find passive aggressiveness to be way more toxic.

Last edited by smf, Jun 16, 2019
  12. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Just edit the CLEAN UP NAND part with warning and "factory restore settings" by delete everything for the console to enter to the initial stage.

There is no way to clean up a nand if you don't have any clean backup on the first hand and without in offline mode all the time. Once you connected online, there is no way and never to clean mystery trace from Nintendo.

The important part here is that have you ever connected to the Internet?
    Yes > The sync between your backup nand and the current nand won't match at all, that could lead to a ban (none in my experience)
    No > Follow the instructions of ChoiNX and update your firmware to the latest one with autorcm enabled to protect the fuse
    You can choose either factory restore settings using ChoiNX or follow this tutorial (updated).

It's up to you, as there won't be a proper trusted method to clean a nand even delete everything or rebuild a nand from scratch (as many people stated that)

FYI, the current release of Atmosphere won't support autorcm on boot to EmuMMC. You will have to wait for 0.9.1.

Last edited by thaikhoa, Jun 16, 2019
  13. KuranKu

KuranKu I am KranK

Jan 13, 2019
    Israel
    Israel
    Hmm very nice tutorial ^^

14. alimao

alimao Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    Brazil
    CREATE EMUNAND AS HIDDEN PARTITION ON SD

it is mandatory to do this option ?
    or I can create for not hide emunand

15. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Yes it is mandatory as Atmosphere EmuMMC currently only works on hidden partition on the SD.

16. LapCheong

LapCheong GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    Great guide! Although I think safest way is still pre-cfw nand. But you made your point! If there is no clean nand and manually creating a nand is not your thing. I guess the best thing next is the empty out the system partition and hope for the best. Obviously if you ever when online with cfw without dns or incognito. You are screwed LOL

Chill out guys!

thaikhoa likes this.
  17. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    I'd like to see an option in the emunand where all info gets removed. That way we can connect and homebrew all we want without worrying about a ban. At this point I just want emunand to free myself from using a jig. But as a multiple SD card user, I'm double thinking about this.

18. halo5307

halo5307 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Just because you don't immideately understand a concept doesn't give you a free pass to be rude. I respect your opinion on passive-agressiveness, however ironic it may be.

Slim45 likes this.
  19. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    On first place, thanks to do this guide, the most easy steps for novice users, I gona try to recopile the steps to create hidden partition without SX tools and send to you for add to the guide.

Respect to clean dirty Switch I should say that Zekenator (sorry @Hayato213) are right, one of the files (and more, but atleast one on clean Switch) on save directory act as container for telemetry logs, if you delete it or alter some data that are alreally synced with N servers this Switch gona get banned because they can detect the differences of local and synced logs, including the log count.

For now didn't exists a proper and safe method to clean a dirty nand, this bans are launched on waves, so on the next waves these Switchs are on risk to get banned.

You forget that kip patches are required, I upload both for users that can't build them (require devkitpro, python 2.7, make, etc etc...). Both files are ready for use (I put both on the correct path for hekate and atmosphere load), just extract on the root of your SD card and mantain the same structure.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Chocola, Jun 17, 2019
  20. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    You seem to have double standards, the OP was rude first.

Why are you being so defensive? I was accusing him of being passive aggressive, not you.

Just because you didn't immediately understand my post doesn't give you a free pass to be rude.

Last edited by smf, Jun 17, 2019
    halo5307 likes this.