How to setup Atmosphere EmuMMC

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by thaikhoa, Jun 16, 2019.

1. alimao

alimao Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    Brazil
    games installed with emunand on Sysnand I get error. already installed on sd card do not give errors

2. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    the best way to have atmos emunand and be able to still get into my existing sxos emunand?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i m guessing both are using the same nintendo folder which u can't do as they a link to the nand that created it

thaikhoa likes this.
  3. delta nite

delta nite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2010
    United States
    Do you mean if I install a NSP in emunand, if I go back to sysnand the NSP will still be installed?

4. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    hOw TeH tUrnTabLeS ,

NOW ATMOSPHERE IS STEALING FROM SXOS OMGWTFBBQ

5. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    if the sysnand thinks its already installed it sounds like its looking in the same place

EDIT. the title information is store in the nand but game data is on sd card

Last edited by pcwizard7, Jun 17, 2019
  6. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    If you're using SX, installed files will be stored in Emutendo folder on the root of your SD. Atmosphere uses Nintendo_000 folder stored in emummc folder on by default. You can change the installing folder by editing emummc\emummc.ini

emummc_nintendo_path = Emutendo

In this case, Emutendo folder will be used as installed folder for both SX and Atmosphere. You can change to any name like emummc_nintendo_path = YourNand/MyEmutendo (YourNand is the folder on the root of your SD, MyEmutendo folder inside of YourNand folder)

Cheers.

delta nite likes this.
  7. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    what s the best way to have atmos emunand and be able to still get into my existing sxos emunand?

8. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    The first part of this tutorial? Just skip steps as mentioned.

Cheers.

9. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    its the next part thats confusing me do i need to do it? 1TRANSFER SX'S EMUNAND AS FILES TO ATMOSPHERE EMUMMC AND KEEP USING THE TWO

10. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    You don't have to use that part. It's for SX Emunand as files on SD to transfer to hidden partition.

11. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
    How Do I dual boot emunand of ams using SX OS emunand with visible files on sd card?

12. delta nite

delta nite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2010
    United States
    I'm having a black screen after the second Atmosphere logo. I also never tried booting into Atmos before. Is this something to do with the emummc or something else?
    I'm at 8.0.1 and using fusee-primary, is that related?

13. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    It's hard to tell, if your sysnand does boot, its replication as emunand will be worked.
    fusee-primary.bin is to boot Atmosphere.

14. Purevideo

Purevideo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2019
    Mexico
    Yesterday I also had the same problem booting from Atmosphere's payload. So, should I boot emunand from SX payload? If I remember correctly there was an option to boot either from cfw or OFW.

Regards!

15. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    You can't use SX Bootloader to chain boot fusee_primary.bin. Currently, the best way to boot Atmosphere is using payloader on PC or smartphone.
    You can use SX > Reboot to payload homebrew (the one in atmosphere package) to reboot to Atmosphere and use Reboot to SX to reboot to SX vice versa.

Last edited by thaikhoa, Jun 17, 2019
  16. Purevideo

Purevideo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2019
    Mexico
    Got it.

Just one question, when I got my switch it came with FW 4.0.1, now that FW doesn't support exFat and my SD card has exFAT format. Could that be the reason why I'm getting the black screen when booting atmosphere?

17. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Yea, that's why. Try Fat32 instead of then update firmware on emummc to the latest one with exfat using choinx

Purevideo likes this.
  18. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    So I'm going to risk sounding like a total noob, but what is the point of emuNAND? Is it to protect you from being banned online?
    It doesn't sound like it's a guaranteed work around from what people are saying on here.

19. OperationNT

OperationNT GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2016
    France
    For my case, I am currently on FW 8.0.1 with AutoRCM and 5 burnt efuses. So, once Nereba will be ported for FW 4.X, I will be able to downgrade to get back a console which can boot "without assistance" (AutoRCM could be a huge problem for battery if the console crashes and you don't have a PC/dongle) and I will be able to boot to the EmuMMC without the "paperclip" procedure.

But I agree with you about online, nothing is really safe to avoid ban (including probably XCI, Nintendo could easily detect it in future FW).

20. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    Yeah I'm running CFW ReiNX on v7.0.1 and I have saved eFuses since v3 or v4 (don't remember) since I always use ChoiDejourNX to do my FW upgrading.
    I have a dongle with the payload on it so I don't have much to worry about, but I was wondering if AutoRCM was going to make it so I could play online. I guess not, although there aren't really any games I care to play online (Was excited for Ultimate, but input lag and bad netcode killed any hype I had for it).