How to setup Atmosphere EmuMMC

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by thaikhoa, Jun 16, 2019.

1. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
    Can I get some help on how to install to sd files sx os emunand and use it as a dual boot?

2. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    Have different points, if you like to play online and enjoy the homebrew stuff, you can mantain the sysnand with the last version on OFW online and the emuMMC with CFW always offline for homebrew without ban risk, this method require disable autoRCM and you need use jig and injector for enter on your emuMMC, the OFW boot like retail, just press your power button.

Another point it's for patched units or people that don't want update their sysnand to run software exploits like pegaswitch or nereba, on this case the people mantain the sysnand on lower version possible and update their emuMMC to last version to play the last games, on this case their can't come online, if they come online with sysnand the firmware gona get updated, if they come online with the emuMMC have ban risk.

And the last for advanced users, we can play with filesystem and test developments for the system without damage or brick the sysnand, we can mantain unlimited copies of the system to make experiments and backup/restore it the times that we want.

Probably have another ways, but these three are the most used I guess.

Last edited by Chocola, Jun 17, 2019
    Vorde likes this.
  3. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    mine keeps booting to sysnand and can't figure why

TylerSGman likes this.
  4. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    Thank you for your thorough points and reasons :) I'm going to keep this in mind and eventually migrate to using an emuNAND

5. Agent Moose

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    What if I used HBL/pegaswitch when it first got released? I have a NAND backup of when I did that (before I used CFW). Would that still be considered clean?

6. AveSatanas

AveSatanas GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    Chocola and Voxel like this.
  7. GraFfiX420

GraFfiX420 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    emummc.ini for people looking to switch from sxos hidden emunand to emummc:

Code:
    [emummc]
    emummc_enabled = 1
    emummc_sector = 0x2
    emummc_nintendo_path = Emutendo

8. Disharmony16

Disharmony16 ~DooM-BringeR~

Aug 31, 2015
    United States
    Troll Islands
    Thanks man you are a hero, i was going to use dd to extract my hidden emunand from sx os, then restore it as sysnand and then create the emuMMC with hekate but bruh it was going to take years lmao, you save me with this guide i just need to switch cfw and create a simple ini. No saves lost and no need to install all again :D:D:D. (hope they don't kill the compatibility :gun:)

9. Wamboniga

Wamboniga Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    Germany
    Do I get this right?
    I was always offline with my Switch (originally 3.0.0) and now I somehow lost my external HDD, where my NAND backup was located.
    That means I can clean up my NAND and go online without risking a ban?

10. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    No. No backup, you are pretty much guaranteed a ban. Free of charge.

11. Wamboniga

Wamboniga Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    Germany
    Thats what I thought. Given the information on some posts in this thread, I assumed the opposite.

Thanks for the reply :)

12. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    But you can only try, my friend. Who knows, your tampering could go below their radar?
    That's what I'm gonna do, soon.
    Revert back to my original backup that I *believe is clean* and hope for the best.

13. Voxel

Voxel Master of moonjumps

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    +1 for this method, that's pretty much the same thing I did to set up my emunand as well.
    I can't stress enough how much more convenient it is for those who have multiple partitions already on the SD card for things like switch linux.

AveSatanas likes this.
  14. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    I agree, as I said before I refuse to use SX Tools for this, I prefer do it manually but on Windows are a fucking disaster do this (Actually I'm on Windows and the WSL didn't mount the USB properly) so I should wait to reboot and boot on Debian to do this.

One question... Why fat32? isn't better exFat? On fat32 can't store files larger than 4GB, I didn't know if large games have files of more than 4GB. <-- Ignore this question

Edit: Ok, I check the notes and the USER, SAFE and SYSTEM are fat32, so partition it's like sysnand.

Last edited by Chocola, Jun 17, 2019
  15. Dr_Mo91

Dr_Mo91 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2019
    Denmark
    Thank you for the explanation, but should I format my sd card as exfat or FAT32?

16. Genousity

Genousity Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2019
    United States
    my switch has never been modified in anyway its form the first wave of consoles, I've been waiting for emummc to start using CFW. is there a guide out there for a beginner like me ?
    I'm just wanting to be able to edit Pokemon save files and botw files while in CFW then boot into OFW and be able to play online still and use the eshop.

Last edited by Genousity, Jun 18, 2019
  17. LapCheong

LapCheong GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    Guys what if i combine BCPKG 1 to 5, Prodinfo, Prodinfoof, safe and system into a file called rawnand
    Then i proceed to combine rawnand with boot0 and boo1

18. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Dont do that way. Make a backup of your nand as rawnand.bin then use hacdiskmount to inject parts of the partitions to the nand backup.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

These are parts of the tutorial for those who'd like to skip the words.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

To the moderator
    Could you please change the title of this topic to

Thanks so much.

19. Cacx101

Cacx101 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2019
    United States
    hey, when using the mounting tool, I go into system, put in both codes, but it says its incorrect no matter what I do. What gives?

paulloeduardo likes this.
  20. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Double check your keys. The keys couldn't be wrong.