How to setup Atmosphere EmuMMC

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by thaikhoa, Jun 16, 2019.

1. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Sorry for getting you into this. I've tried to setup from the scratch using this tutorial at least 5 times on different memory cards without a SX license. All of them work just fine.

All you can do for now is to install Mini Partition Tool (freeware) and try to delete all the current partitions then create a new one. You'd try another tutorial if it'd help you out.

Cheers.

2. BLCKBLuR

BLCKBLuR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    Ummm.... I am not even talking about you? I am talking about the original argument on the thread, before you even made your first post... lol

P.S - I will not be reading or replying to anymore comments on this thread. It has completely changed the OP's subject, and it is pointless to post anything else about the matter.

3. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    Question: the emuMMC must be in a hidden partition on mSD or we can create it with the other two options from SX OS (in a folder into the mSD or as a partition into the internal storage)?

4. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    It must be in a hidden partition on the sd for now.

5. chrisluna413

chrisluna413 GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2013
    United States
    East Brunswick, New Jersey
    if you can't spell the word, then dont use it lol

6. Alchemy_Gaming

Alchemy_Gaming Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2019
    United States
    Curious. I followed the instructions from github on how to use emuNAND as files on SD redirected to emummc folder:

“Support is also included for redirecting NAND to a collection of loose files on the SD card.
    This can be done by setting emummc!emummc_path to the folder (with archive bit set) containing the NAND boot partitions' files "boot0" and "boot1", and the raw NAND image files "00", "01", "02", etc. (single "00" file with the whole NAND image requires exFAT mode while multipart NAND can be used in both exFAT and FAT32 modes).”

..but all of the tutorials I see are saying files on SD is not an option. I gave it a shot and got a fatal error: Cannot find EmuMMC eMMC folder. Anyone have some insight for me?

Last edited by Alchemy_Gaming, Jun 24, 2019
  7. Zris96

Zris96 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2018
    Dominican Republic
    The biskeydump link in the tutorial is for an old version of biskeydump... it didn't worked for me because that version doesn't work on 8.0... Download the latest version from https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/

By the way, I "cleaned" my nand and have been playing online for the last 2 days... I hope that I dont get banned in some time ahead :unsure:... anyway, as the way I see it, getting banned is the same as dont going online, so whatever :gba:

Thanks for the tutorial!

thaikhoa likes this.
  8. DildoBaggins

DildoBaggins Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    I have switch with 4.0.1 firmware, no exfat patch.

I followed the guide and made that hidden emummc partition, but when I try to boot from it, I get error window after switch logo.

I didnt clean my firmware as I dont need online features, so it should work, right? ( using dirty nand backup and play offline in emummc)

So maybe sx os made that hidden partition in exfat format, and it wont work because of it as my switch isn't patched to read exfat?

My plan were to keep original firmware at 4.0.1 and update+use emummc one to play new stuff, this should work too?

So if im guessing right and emummc wont boot because of exfat-issue, I'm not sure how to proceed as I would rather keep NAND as is and just mess with the emummc, but if I need to update 4.0.1 to get exfat support, then this wont happen.

Maybe wait until atmosphere can boot emummc from folder, so I can just format the card with fat32?

9. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    After creating emunand in an hidden partition, SX formats the second partition (the visible one) as exFat, that's why you couldn't boot to emunand without exFat driver installed. From what I've tested, format the second partition to FAT32 will corrupt the emunand.

Solution:
    1/ Delete all wifi connections , enable Airplan mode and Backup your current nand
    2/ Update to the latest firmware using ChoiNX with fuse protection enabled + exFat firmware
    3/ Create emunand as you did before
    4/ Check if emunand/emummc will work
    5/ Restore your nand backup
    6/ If your nand backup (4.0.1) isn't a clean one and you haven't got any clean backup of the nand. You can use this tutorial to clean it up. You have to believe or just stay offline (ban the Switch itself forever)

As always, backup all your data before doing any tutorial.

Yes, you can wait for Atmosphere will support emunand as files on SD properly.

Hope it will help you out.

Last edited by thaikhoa, Jun 24, 2019
  10. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    He's calling you someone who lies down. You do this don't you?

The Meaning of the Word Lier
    But lier is a real word—it's just rarely used. It's also an agent noun, just like liar, but it comes from the othermeaning of the verb lie—to rest in a horizontal position. Remember, that's lie, not lay. A lier is something or someone that is lying prostrate.

11. Ferras2

Ferras2 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2016
    Brazil
    Hi, sorry for the bad english

It works here, I can boot into "SXOS Emunand" with Atm without any problem,
    however my games only work on SXOS, they do not work on Atm, when trying to play a game he says that the game can not be started and tells me to try again from home
    all my games were installed using the SXOS installer

Anyone know any solution?

12. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Not sure, but I mean this legitimitely, why not continue using SX if it works? You have SX emunand. (:

13. TheyKilledKenny

TheyKilledKenny Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    Italy
    Have you added the sigpatches to Atmo?

Did you followed the first post or second post tutorial?
    I'm not able to see the sx hidden partition emunand to boot.
    I see the sept splash screen, the Atmo splash screen, I can see the small battery logo, but never the Nintendo logo, only black screen.

14. Pola92

Pola92 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    United States
    Is it necessary to clean up the sysnand? I have a clean back up already but I’ve been using NSPs after making it and I would like to use that dirty sysnand for my emummc and then restore my clean back up for a clean sysnand to go online. So can I just make the emunand of the switch as it is now, set up the folders, and then restore the clean sysnand?

Thank you

15. Ferras2

Ferras2 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2016
    Brazil
    Ops... I never use atm, I add the sigpatches and now it's work.

I follow only the "COPY FILES" of the first post and works.

I want test the new emuMMC forn atms

16. azn87

azn87 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2018
    Niger
    Does anybody know which is the highest Firmware i can use with emummc? 4.1 loads just Fine, but after updating emummc to 8.1.0 or 8.0.1, Atmosphere (0.9.1) gives me an Error (Fatal Error Inapropriate Kernel).. Is 7.0.1 and below fine? Thanks

Last edited by azn87, Jun 27, 2019
  17. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Should work up to 8.1

18. azn87

azn87 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2018
    Niger
    Thanks for you reply! I managed to flash 7.0.1, but this time i deactivated the AutoRCM Function in ChoidujourNX, maybe this did the trick..?

Have you tried to Update your Emummc to 8.1?

I dont dare, since it takes ages to setup a fresh Emummc....

19. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Is there any way to get this working with Hekate 5.0.0?

20. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    I used partion based sx and it worked for me. Just delete the "emmumc_" before each line for the config file. If you are trying to create a emunand from scratch then just backup your sd files then use hekate 5 to create an emunand partion then restore your sd files.