SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. jEEb

jEEb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2002
    Canada
    Hey guys,

My RCMLoader One just came in and I followed all the steps to put atmosphere, reinx and sxos into the microSD as well as update the payload.bins inside the RCMLoader dongle.

When I go to try to boot into RCM with the dongle, the light lights up for maybe 3 seconds and then nothing happens and the switch doesnt boot. My switch serial starts with XAW1005 so I know it isnt patched. Can someone with the dongle help me out?

EDIT: I switched to ReinX and I saw the anime girl boot screen flash for a second and it disappeared, does the dongle just need to be charged?

Last edited by jEEb, Aug 19, 2019
  2. splashattack

splashattack Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2012
    United States
    I have a spare switch that I've kept 3.0.0 on waiting for the hacking scene to mature. I'm just now really starting to get into the scene now and have been exploring switch root and the like

What I'm actually here for is that I would like to play some local co op of stardew valley with my girl, which requires 3.0.2. What are my options as far as making this happen? Will I have to update firmware permanently? Would there be a solution with custom firmwares? Am I screwed?

Last edited by splashattack, Aug 19, 2019
  3. julian20

julian20 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Germany
    Appareantly it was all about the patches. I've updated atmosphere and thefore the patches and it works once again. I have no clue, why it would work with exfat, but not with fat32, but I won't complain as it works now :)
    Have a nice day and thanks

4. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Isn't the freeshop-like thing just DZ too?

5. jEEb

jEEb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2002
    Canada

I charged it up and it boots into SXOS fine, but atmosphere still wont boot, anyone run into something similar?

6. Krushx

Krushx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2019
    Germany
    As far as I have seen, it's just DZ with a theme put on it and some additional files.

7. Spinsz

Spinsz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2019
    United States

8. qazwasdere

qazwasdere Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2019
    Malaysia
    *deleted as not relevant*

Last edited by qazwasdere, Aug 20, 2019
  9. JustANoob;)

JustANoob;) Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    Computer
    I just want to clarify this before I accidentally delete something important: If I delete a downloaded game on emuNAND, it doesn't delete it on sysNAND, so I can get rid of duplicates?

10. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    Right.

JustANoob;) likes this.
  11. sirelf

sirelf Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    United States
    Somewhere between Xanth and Oz
    Okay, so I have just purchased a new switch from eBay and I confirmed it’s not patched, then backed up my boot 00 & 01 and the raw gpp. I want to buy some eshop games Like Final Fantasy 7, and others (that are only available digitally). But I know I will want to hack my save files. So can anyone explain how I copy my eshop game from my clean new switch to my pc? My guess is there is a way to convert it from the microsd to a nsp so when I copy it to my pc I can then install on my cfw Switch. Am I greatly simplifying the process? Is there a tutorial?

12. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nxdumptool-nintendo-switch-dump-tool.508343/

13. Spinsz

Spinsz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2019
    United States
    Is there any way to delete a save file? Apparently a save file I have is a higher version than the game. I downloaded the update but it still tells me it can no load as I have to download the required update..

14. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    What game?

15. Spinsz

Spinsz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2019
    United States
    Dead cells.

16. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    What you can do is look for the latest update, if the save data is from a newer update version it would refuse to load on lower update version.

17. ataraxis

ataraxis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2007
    Malaysia
    Can anyone help confirm this? Thanks so much for your help.

18. Spinsz

Spinsz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2019
    United States
    Yeah, I found the supposed latest update, installed it and still get the same message. Also, I installed the update for Zelda and God Eater 3 and get the message to download the update, but I can bypass those 2 and play. Dunno..

19. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    For example, a 100% Xenoblade 2 save wouldn't load if the all the DLC and the latest update was installed, the games check the save for condition of the content of the save with what is installed , if it doesn't match it wouldn't load, perhaps you aren't using the latest update, check if you are missing update/dlc etc.

20. Spinsz

Spinsz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2019
    United States
    It's my own save file from before I installed cfw. I never downloaded any dlc for it and am not sure what version my save file is for. If I install the game with no update, it still happens, I install the update and it's the same thing. I don't download any save files. For instance, I have the cartridge for zelda and have 0 saves for it. I load the game and it says I should download the update, which I have already installed, but it let's me play. I want to just delete my save file for dead cells and just start over regardless of version.

Last edited by Spinsz, Aug 20, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted