SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. kyomagi

kyomagi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2009
    United States
    For some reason last night after powering off and adding some stuff to my sdcard, atmosphere would not load into emummc cfw. System nand worked fine so I bit the bullet and formatted the emummc partition and made a new one. I did not change anything on my main partion just emummc. Well after that I got it working I noticed that when I restarted my console it went into cfw on my sysnand. How screwed am I for online play now? I was on airplane mode, so no connecting to the internet, and after I rebooted sysnand was normal vs emummc

2. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    If you just booted into the menu without using any homebrew, you should be relatively clean. But nobody can give you a decent answer, so if you are paranoid, you should restore a NAND backup.

3. kyomagi

kyomagi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2009
    United States
    Well, i went into HBM via the Screen shots tab, but opening nothing else, tbh if i lose online play i wont be heart broken, but i do love tetris 99

I went on last night after i get everything settled and online was still working as of this morning.

But my question is, i lost a save file for fire emblem (20 hour reverted to 9h) is there a way to download and save emummc saves?

4. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    You can use the homebrew application Checkpoint to extract your save files. These can be stored on your sd card or you can transer them to a safer place on your PC.

5. RJ Sly 95

RJ Sly 95 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2010
    super noob question, I've been out of the loop for a while. I want to buy a switch and I'd like to hack it,but last I checked only selected models were hackable. Is it still the case? the faq in the op has no mention of it

6. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Unpatched units are completely hackable. Patched units require you be on firmware 4.1 or less to hack. If it's above 4.1 and below 8 there may be a hack one day. The word is for patched units that are on firmware 8 will possibly never be hackable.

RJ Sly 95 likes this.
  7. RJ Sly 95

RJ Sly 95 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2010
    Got it, thanks

8. dysseus

dysseus Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2019
    Switzerland
    Am I fucked or is there still something I can do? It's from booting atmosphere... I think I have no OS on my switch... but not sure

Attached Files:

Last edited by dysseus, Aug 19, 2019
  9. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    What was the last thing you did before that to cause that? Have you tried holding power and + for 15 seconds, release, then hold power for 2 seconds then resend payload?

10. Krushx

Krushx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2019
    Germany
    Do you have all the needed files on your sd card?

11. miozet

miozet Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2017
    Hello guys. I'm trying to install Bloodstained Ritual of Night ns0 with goldleaf. And I'm getting error 0x234c02, it says "Invalid NCA, might mean missing sigpatches or too low firmware"

I'm using atmosphere 8.1.0 with emuMMC, I have copied sigpatches from a thread on gbatemp and still getting this error.

What am I missing?

12. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I don't really have the answer for why because it seems like it should be working if you have sigpatches. Only things I can think of.

There was a corrupt version going around the web, might try a different version

If that doesn't help, there are other programs to install from usb like AluminumFoil.

Or you could try just installing it by putting the nsp on your sd card and just using Tinfoil, but it won't work unless your sd card is formatted to exfat because it's larger than 4gb.

13. miozet

miozet Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2017
    I have tried to install 1.6 update for both and get the same error. I am using fat32 so I have to install over usb. Is there any way to use tinfoil over usb?

14. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
  15. julian20

julian20 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Germany
    Hey there.
    So I use atmosphere on two micro sd cards.
    Both were exfat so I wanted to switch to FAT32. Now I've done so one one micro sd card.
    And the cfw boots, CFW runs, but games won't run, as they're corrupted (dev menu runs apparently).
    The Data Management section of the system settings says, that the installed titles take up only a little bit of space (up to 66Mb) or even none at all.

In my opinion there shouldn't be any problems with the data integrity as everything else (Hekate, Atmosphere, Homebrew) runs as expected. The SD card is also legit (tested).
    Do you have any ideas what the problem might be?

16. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Do you have atmosphere patches? If not get them.

julian20 likes this.
  17. julian20

julian20 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Germany
    Yep I have them still installed. Even though I'm on a low Atmosphere version and Switch Firmware version. I wanted to update after that, but I will give it a try to update. I don't have high hopes though...

18. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Well you probably got corruption from using exFat, if so those games are goners.

julian20 likes this.
  19. julian20

julian20 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Germany
    Even though it worked like a charm before?

20. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    If games are corrupted it can only be Atmosphere patches (which you said you have them) or exFat corruption, which could have happened at any time so yes. There is no other fix for corrupted games but the Atmosphere patches. Just have to reinstall them. I mean you can attempt to update and reapply the patches I don't think it'll make a difference but again you could try it.

It's why I tell people all the time not to use ExFat you can get your entire sd card corrupted at anytime.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Aug 19, 2019
    julian20 likes this.