SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Honestly keeping the same account on a hacked and unhacked console is not as risky as people make it out to be. There's also no rational reason for Nintendo to ban people who use the same account just because one of the consoles is hacked. Not to mention that certain applications require a linked Nintendo Account such as Pianista, Stardew Valley's latter updates, and the NES app.

nutsack likes this.
  2. Rick Astley

Rick Astley The real one !

Apr 1, 2015
    Well after, I could create another account to access game. Just to be safe / have something clean on my main account (linked with 3DS, Wii U and stuff)
    Thanks again, it seems it's more secondary that what i've thought haha !

3. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    You can do what I did if you update to the latest firmware you can transfer everything over to the new switch with nintendos official tool so they dont lose anything. I was a bit paranoid about having my linked NNID user accounts on my old hacked switch so if you want to avoid that you have to go online to unlink them, so maybe do that before you hack it and make your first NAND backup. I actually made my NAND backup before I transferred with Nintendos method and then restored my NAND and got all my saves back and have them on both switches. I ended up backing those saves up with homebrew, formatted the system which also required me to go online, and am currently reinstalling games and restoring my saves with homebrew. I haven't had hardly any issues on 7.0 other than I had to not use the latest goldleaf nro and had to go one revision back.

4. Undwiz

Undwiz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2019
    United States
    First just wan to start with Great forum,I have been around for years just never made a account. First came here for the Wii years ago with MauiFrogs info.

I'll try to make this as coherent as possible.

I just bought a modded switch.

Switch facts.

Serial xaw10034310xxx
    OFW 5.1.0
    CFW REINX ( not sure of version) Says REINX 5.1.0 when exploited mode.
    I have NS-Atmosphere Payload Injector and Jig.
    Unit has 4 account all linked to NIN. Can not unlink with out update// I'm sure more crap is needed after that ( Damn you Nintendo)
    I have no clue if it has burned fuses or exactly what that means. I know fuses burn when updating OFW from what I understand to prevent downgrades.
    it does have a pending OFW update.Not sure for what version the pending update is.
    if shut off it needs jig/payload injector.
    I do not have a Nand Backup.

Ive looked around the forums, so much info on this system but growing so fast and so many CFW options I really don't know what to change leave alone ect..

from what I can tell this switch is not up to the times. I do not mind losing the games on it as I know where to go. I would like the old accounts off of it.

I only bought a modded switch so I know for a fact it can be modded and because no one likes to tell you the serial number when you ask for it LOL-I tried over 10 people.

So can and start from scratch ? if So how? in less I am better of the way it is.

AS in what to install where to go within forum rules for files/ name of files. Method ECT...

hope all this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Undwiz, Mar 25, 2019
  5. Lawletto

Lawletto Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Hey, is the new option "standard crypto" working for you(on tinfoil)?

Because even when enabled my games requiering 7.x won't start

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    So it sounds like it may have AutoRCM but you mentioned you need a jig when it shuts off which AutoRCM removes the need for. Easiest way to tell is by turning the console off then trying to turn it back on. If the screen stays black, then AutoRCM is enabled. If not, you just need the jig and payload injector for rebooting into CFW. If AutoRCM is enabled, it is up to you if you want to keep it or not. As mentioned previously, it only removes the need for a jig not a payload injector. For further readup on AutoRCM, check out my thread.

As for the linked Nintendo Accounts, you can keep those as they do more good than harm. If you're worried about a ban, those are primarily applied to consoles not accounts. But if you wish to remove it, then you will need to update to the latest firmware which is 7.0.1 currently.

Seeing as the console already seems to have a CFW setup, you don't have to start from scratch but if you want to teach yourself the entire hacking process from setting up the exploit to launching CFW, then you can follow the guide at https://reinx.guide/ since that is the CFW already on the console.

7. Undwiz

Undwiz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2019
    United States

Nah didn't have AutoRCM. I tried updating to remove accounts but its banned so I couldn't. I was able to remove all 4 of the linked accounts by holding vol+ and- at coldboot. from there you can reset with out needing to update so I am still on 5.1.0 and have not tried to update. hope removing accounts was not a bad idea , you said they do more good than harm--- Why is that?

now I am running Kosmos BTW. Being system seems banned I will have to update using that other method (at least I wont burn fuses that way) there are tons of different opinions about going to 7.0.1, I cant find a list that has games I can't run on 5.1.0 , so not sure if I am better off staying on 5.1.0, or going to 6.2.0/7.0.1 . whats your opinion ?

Last edited by Undwiz, Mar 26, 2019
  8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Because certain titles require a linked Nintendo Account such as Pianista, the later updates for Stardew Valley, the NES app, etc. You don't lose anything for having a Nintendo Account linked but you lose out on access to a few applications without one. Its not the end of the world but if you want to use something that requires a Nintendo Account, you have to link one.

Also bans typically don't prevent firmware updates. CDN bans are the only bans that restrict your console from downloading system updates from Nintendo which are now rare as CDN downloading is dead which was the only reason CDN bans were issued in the first place. The most common ban prevents eShop access, online play, and usually game updates (although some people report being able to update their games with no discernible pattern).

Lastly, firmware is made irrelevant when we can update without burning fuses. Fuses are normally designed to prevent downgrading but there are ways of updating without burning them (there are ways around downgrading a console with burnt fuses but it involves only booting CFW which is not practical most of the time). So since you can update without burning fuses from 5.1 to 7.0.1 which allows you to retain the ability to downgrade to 5.1 should another exploit be revealed for that firmware, there is no reason to update fuseless unless you don't want to use AutoRCM which is the main tool for preventing fuses from being burnt.

9. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Is there any reason why hekate_ctcaer_4.8.bin won't launch my AMS 0.8.1 CFW over 6.2.0 when the hekate_ctcaer_4.5.bin payload works great on it? Does 4.8 only work with 7.0.0 and above? When I try to launch CFW from the 4.8 payload it just goes right back into RCM mode while it launches fine from the 4.5 payload.

10. Swing

Swing GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    Does restoring NAND overwrite any savegames from your legit ROMS?

11. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Since saves from legit games are also stored on nand, yes. Saves will be on that point when you created the nand backup.

12. ManaClash

ManaClash Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    I updated my switch to 7.0.1 by accdent and now I can't install any NSP i'm on Atmosphere 0.8.5 with R4s. I've tried Goldleaf 2.0 3.0 4.0 and 5.0 also Tinfoil nothing works. Any one else having this problem?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Someone mention something about sig patches ?

13. somet

somet Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    With the rumors of the new switch models, I was wondering if I should either
    A. Just buy a switch now
    or
    B. Wait for the possible new better models
    since I could only afford 1

14. Undwiz

Undwiz GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2019
    United States
    shot me a PM , ill gt ya going

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I do not see the new models beings able to be modded since they now how to block... get a current Switch/older that can me exploit of maybe never . chance of getting one is getting less by the day

ManaClash likes this.
  15. ManaClash

ManaClash Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    Thanks but i'm not sure how to send you a pm just joined.

Last edited by ManaClash, Mar 27, 2019
  16. Zealotan

Zealotan Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    Couple of questions

Is it possible to mod the switch, and then later reset it back to factory settings (to access nintendo eshop/social/etc)?

After modding, will I be able to access to game updates? while not getting banned on my nintendo account.

I am totally lost at what I should be doing or what I am seeing, but how do I install homebrew or w/e it is called?

17. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    1) If you only perform a factory reset, you will be banned if you access the nintendo servers. Create a clean NAND backup before you make any modification to your switch and restore it when you want to go online again.
    2) Install game updates as NSP and don't download them on your switch. You shouldn't even have a internet connection on your hacked console.
    3 Start here: https://guide.sdsetup.com

18. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    i am on atmosphere 0.8.3 and if i want to update to the latest version is there any kink? i mean titles not installing or something like that? want to update because of retroarch and n64

19. DildoBaggins

DildoBaggins Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    I have splatoon edition switch with 4.1.0, I have been using autoRCM + reinx and atmosphere too, mainly playing emulator games.

Question is: Is there a way to play switch games that require newest firmware, without upgrading the console?

I know about ways to upgrade without burning fuses, but it sounds like hassle and I dont need any online features anyway, just would like to play all released games without new firmware. So, is it possible to patch games or something like that and play em on 4.1.0? thanks

20. silversyams

silversyams Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2017
    Indonesia
    Hi..I'm on 6.2.0 and want to update..
    Which route is better for updating fw...
    1.restore my (probably clean) 6.2.0 nand backup..then updating..then make 7.0.1 (probably clean) nand back up..
    2.updating straight away without restoring the 6.2.0 backup but keep the nand back up for future use..not making 7.0.1 backup...
    3.....other better way you might suggest..
    Thanks..