Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Couple of questions

Is it possible to mod the switch, and then later reset it back to factory settings (to access nintendo eshop/social/etc)?

After modding, will I be able to access to game updates? while not getting banned on my nintendo account.

I am totally lost at what I should be doing or what I am seeing, but how do I install homebrew or w/e it is called?
1) If you only perform a factory reset, you will be banned if you access the nintendo servers. Create a clean NAND backup before you make any modification to your switch and restore it when you want to go online again.
2) Install game updates as NSP and don't download them on your switch. You shouldn't even have a internet connection on your hacked console.
3 Start here: https://guide.sdsetup.com

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i am on atmosphere 0.8.3 and if i want to update to the latest version is there any kink? i mean titles not installing or something like that? want to update because of retroarch and n64

DildoBaggins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have splatoon edition switch with 4.1.0, I have been using autoRCM + reinx and atmosphere too, mainly playing emulator games.

Question is: Is there a way to play switch games that require newest firmware, without upgrading the console?

I know about ways to upgrade without burning fuses, but it sounds like hassle and I dont need any online features anyway, just would like to play all released games without new firmware. So, is it possible to patch games or something like that and play em on 4.1.0? thanks

silversyams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi..I'm on 6.2.0 and want to update..
Which route is better for updating fw...
1.restore my (probably clean) 6.2.0 nand backup..then updating..then make 7.0.1 (probably clean) nand back up..
2.updating straight away without restoring the 6.2.0 backup but keep the nand back up for future use..not making 7.0.1 backup...
3.....other better way you might suggest..
Thanks..

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi..I'm on 6.2.0 and want to update..
Which route is better for updating fw...
1.restore my (probably clean) 6.2.0 nand backup..then updating..then make 7.0.1 (probably clean) nand back up..
2.updating straight away without restoring the 6.2.0 backup but keep the nand back up for future use..not making 7.0.1 backup...
3.....other better way you might suggest..
Thanks..
Doesn’t matter imo. Just be sure to have one clean nand backup and don’t burn fuses when you update your console. I guess you wanna keep CFW? So why do you wanna restore clean backup? Also always update with ChoiDujourNX offline.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,
Reactions: silversyams

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Doesn’t matter imo. Just be sure to have one clean nand backup and don’t burn fuses when you update your console. I guess you wanna keep CFW? So why do you wanna restore clean backup? Also always update with ChoiDujourNX offline.

ChoidujourNX to update and make a nand backup for each major firmware version imo

ManaClash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a noob and having alot of problems. I thought i knew what i was doing before the update but i guess not.

Can anyone tell me how to get 0.8.6 working with R4S I'm using Argon and I'm not sure which bootloader.bin to use ? there's multiple ones in this file. 0.8.5 works i just had to rename the .bin and drop into the argon folder. Or are there sig patches for 0.8.5 that let me install nsp?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A clean backup of each major firmware?
I said backup not clean XD

I'm a noob and having alot of problems. I thought i knew what i was doing before the update but i guess not.

Can anyone tell me how to get 0.8.6 working with R4S I'm using Argon and I'm not sure which bootloader.bin to use ? there's multiple ones in this file. 0.8.5 works i just had to rename the .bin and drop into the argon folder. Or are there sig patches for 0.8.5 that let me install nsp?

Sigpatches

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am on atmosphere 0.8.3 and if i want to update to the latest version is there any kink? i mean titles not installing or something like that? want to update because of retroarch and n64
Pirated games may not work on the latest official release but if you use the latest nightly of Atmosphere, they will work. Otherwise there are no kinks.

I have splatoon edition switch with 4.1.0, I have been using autoRCM + reinx and atmosphere too, mainly playing emulator games.

Question is: Is there a way to play switch games that require newest firmware, without upgrading the console?

I know about ways to upgrade without burning fuses, but it sounds like hassle and I dont need any online features anyway, just would like to play all released games without new firmware. So, is it possible to patch games or something like that and play em on 4.1.0? thanks
No and updating without burning fuses is definitely not a hassle. Its as easy as downloading a homebrew app, downloading firmware files, and launching said homebrew app.

Reactions: Budsixz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt