Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

SwTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Im going to start with sx os pro in a few days, but I have a couple of question for the moment:

- It is possible to save the savedata from my original games in case that I need to restore my console? I'd really dont want to lose some of them :/
- It is possible to play my original games (with the console in plane mode or directly offline) without any problem? I don't mean online, I mean just offline, because I have some of them that I need to finish, also, should I play them from CFW or just from my OFW?
- When you do a backup of your sysnand, it hold the save data from your games?

Thanks in advance.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello, Im going to start with sx os pro in a few days, but I have a couple of question for the moment:

- It is possible to save the savedata from my original games in case that I need to restore my console? I'd really dont want to lose some of them :/
- It is possible to play my original games (with the console in plane mode or directly offline) without any problem? I don't mean online, I mean just offline, because I have some of them that I need to finish, also, should I play them from CFW or just from my OFW?

Thanks in advance.
1) Use Checkpoint.
2) You can play them in CFW or OFW, doesn’t really matter.

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone, bit of a question.. My switch keeps freezing on games no matter what game it is. It never used to be an issue but now it is.. How do I go about fixing this? And would it be a micro sd card issue or an internal issue? It happens randomly with games.. However mostly during loading screens.

Rengetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check the serial with this [link]
I already checked the serial number and confirmed it is unpatched, thanks. I'm wondering if I can install CFW then restore to the clean NAND, then update Nintendo firmware to the latest, then go online and buy games on the eshop.

x124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a patched switch at 4.1.0
Is it possible to update my legit games using the local update feature, with my friend's switch if it is running a higher firmware version?
Wouldn't it want to update the firmware also?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I already checked the serial number and confirmed it is unpatched, thanks. I'm wondering if I can install CFW then restore to the clean NAND, then update Nintendo firmware to the latest, then go online and buy games on the eshop.
Yeah, restore clean NAND backup and than you can update your console with official system update. Keep in mind that your console will burn fuses at next boot from Nintendo bootloader after official system update.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some enumerated questions, and some concerns...

So. I've read faqs and some posts and only now i'm getting started to learn some switch hacking.

1. So I've decided to buy a switch. Wich version is recommended if i'm willing to run games from usb?
For what I understood, its only on sxos right? I'm not understood very well how the cfws "compete" with each other (sxos, atmosphere, reinx).

2. Its worth buy a sxos license? I wanted so much my hacked switch run games like my hacked wii runs: 1. turn console on, 2. launch usbloadergx, 3. launch game. If, for that, I need to spend more $$$, i can live with installing game by game on switch (or run in sd card?)

I'm very familiar with wii and x360 hack. Somewhat familiar with wii U and 3ds hacks. Some terms used in comparisson with these console hacks would be apreciated.

3. there are some topics comparing the different cfws?

4. I've got that online game is unsafe with pirated games, not that i'm a pirate, but let's supose i'am...Can I get the sxos license, dongle, play pirated games local, and buy original games for launch normally on the horizon and play online 99,99% sure that i will not be banned?

if there are any brazilians here could pm me on my native language, please...

Last edited by almmiron,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a patched switch at 4.1.0
Is it possible to update my legit games using the local update feature, with my friend's switch if it is running a higher firmware version?
Wouldn't it want to update the firmware also?
Yes, updating locally will also update your console's firmware.

Hey is there a way to turn of the update software notice on my games ? I find it super annoying.
Install the updates.

Some enumerated questions, and some concerns...

So. I've read faqs and some posts and only now i'm getting started to learn some switch hacking.

1. So I've decided to buy a switch. Wich version is recommended if i'm willing to run games from usb?
For what I understood, its only on sxos right? I'm not understood very well how the cfws "compete" with each other (sxos, atmosphere, reinx).

2. Its worth buy a sxos license? I wanted so much my hacked switch run games like my hacked wii runs: 1. turn console on, 2. launch usbloadergx, 3. launch game. If, for that, I need to spend more $$$, i can live with installing game by game on switch (or run in sd card?)

I'm very familiar with wii and x360 hack. Somewhat familiar with wii U and 3ds hacks. Some terms used in comparisson with these console hacks would be apreciated.

3. there are some topics comparing the different cfws?

4. I've got that online game is unsafe with pirated games, not that i'm a pirate, but let's supose i'am...Can I get the sxos license, dongle, play pirated games local, and buy original games for launch normally on the horizon and play online 99,99% sure that i will not be banned?

if there are any brazilians here could pm me on my native language, please...
  1. Firmware is irrelevant. You have to check the hardware of the console by looking at the serial number and comparing it to patched/unpatches ones in this thread. Also SX OS is the only CFW that can run .XCI files from a USB device. You can install .NSP files via USB with all CFW however no CFW supports .NSP file installation to a USB device
  2. In my personal opinion, its not as majority of the features of SX OS are available on free alternatives as well as free alternatives having features not found in SX OS such as overclocking, CFW customization, and arguably better support/stability
  3. Unfortunately there is not as multiple CFW are available which makes keeping track of all CFW difficult. Most, if not all, of SX OS' features can be found in other CFW such as a cheat engine, .XCI/.NSP file support, and Stealth Mode. Atmosphere is considered to be the most feature-rich free CFW while ReiNX can perform most of Atmosphere's functions with a lot less hassle. Or you can just try all CFW and see which one you prefer as CFW is never installed to your Switch console
  4. Any form of hacking can and will get you banned. Direct any further inquiries about bans to this thread

Rengetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use SX OS you are able to create EmuNAND. So you could just update SysNAND and use it for online purpose while you keep EmuNAND offline and use it for backups. Disadvantage is that you update SysNAND to latest firmware and burn fuses. If you don’t want that you should create a clean NAND backup and always restore it when you want to go online (no EmuNAND).

If you always restore a clean nand backup before going online, the chances are low. The approach with EmuNAND is also pretty safe.

Thank you so much!! I didn't see this when I was barely awake checking the thread this morning. Both responses helped me a great deal.

Could I use ChoidojourNX to update SysNAND? Or only emuNAND? If not, being stuck on 7.x doesn't really seem limiting? People say CFW is less stable, all I want to do is play games though, would it affect me?

Last edited by Rengetsu,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you so much!! I didn't see this when I was barely awake checking the thread this morning. Both responses helped me a great deal.

Could I use ChoidojourNX to update SysNAND? Or only emuNAND? If not, being stuck on 7.x doesn't really seem limiting? People say CFW is less stable, all I want to do is play games though, would it affect me?
You shouldn’t update SysNAND with ChoiDujourNX because than the NAND isn’t clean anymore. SX OS works well with 7.0.0+. Some homebrew applications have bugs but most of them already work with 7.0.0+. You won’t have issues playing games.

Reactions: Rengetsu

thenevernow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm not new but apparently my account got pruned, so... I am new to Switch hacking though, and here are my noob questions:

- if I am using 90DNS and/or airplane mode, how do games detect that an update is available?

- I installed some NSP (base, updates, DLC). Then I messed around with the latest Atmosphere/Tinfoil/Goldleaf and got myself into a situation where no game would start anymore, so I decided to start from scratch (formatted the SD card and everything). Now it looks like some content (I am guessing DLC and updates) appears installed to the system, even if it's not. Is this because of tickets? Should I remove them manually?

Thanks in advance!

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hej guys and girls,
so i am not new to the hacking scenes, i did my ps3, wii, wiiu and 3ds. now i bought a switch halv a year ago (was at a discount, completely untouched, only booted to system twice and once to the boot menu for sx) but never touched it until now. im not up to date with the switch scene..

so is there a good tutorial how to go about it?
i have a switch with i think 4.1 or something. bought sx os with dongle, tried it once and booting the menu works (it is a hackable switch). the firmware also is so low that my 400gb microsd is not yet supported, i read that you have to update first but have to watch out for burinig fuses.

so whats the best way to go about it now. could someone talk me through it?

i would like to have the latest sx os with all the supporting features, use my 400gb microsd card. whats the news about emunand, is it possible to play online now?

id really appreciate any help!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, I'm not new but apparently my account got pruned, so... I am new to Switch hacking though, and here are my noob questions:

- if I am using 90DNS and/or airplane mode, how do games detect that an update is available?

- I installed some NSP (base, updates, DLC). Then I messed around with the latest Atmosphere/Tinfoil/Goldleaf and got myself into a situation where no game would start anymore, so I decided to start from scratch (formatted the SD card and everything). Now it looks like some content (I am guessing DLC and updates) appears installed to the system, even if it's not. Is this because of tickets? Should I remove them manually?

Thanks in advance!
1) Not at all.
2) Maybe you installed to NAND?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hej guys and girls,
so i am not new to the hacking scenes, i did my ps3, wii, wiiu and 3ds. now i bought a switch halv a year ago (was at a discount, completely untouched, only booted to system twice and once to the boot menu for sx) but never touched it until now. im not up to date with the switch scene..

so is there a good tutorial how to go about it?
i have a switch with i think 4.1 or something. bought sx os with dongle, tried it once and booting the menu works (it is a hackable switch). the firmware also is so low that my 400gb microsd is not yet supported, i read that you have to update first but have to watch out for burinig fuses.

so whats the best way to go about it now. could someone talk me through it?

i would like to have the latest sx os with all the supporting features, use my 400gb microsd card. whats the news about emunand, is it possible to play online now?

id really appreciate any help!
You don’t burn fuses when you update with ChoiDujourNX. Also you can play online with EmuNAND but that will get you banned. So use SysNAND (clean) for online and EmuNAND for offline.

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys! I gotten my switch with the console only so no other accessory. It is a pain in the ass to find a moddable one.
I always wanted a dock but the steep price of the original dock from nintendo is too expensive.

Should i go parts hunting on aliexpress and build my own dock ? or should i wait couples of month for Skull Co Jumpgate dock to come out?

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, updating locally will also update your console's firmware.

Install the updates.

1. Firmware is irrelevant. You have to check the hardware of the console by looking at the serial number and comparing it to patched/unpatches ones in this thread. Also SX OS is the only CFW that can run .XCI files from a USB device. You can install .NSP files via USB with all CFW however no CFW supports .NSP file installation to a USB device
  2. In my personal opinion, its not as majority of the features of SX OS are available on free alternatives as well as free alternatives having features not found in SX OS such as overclocking, CFW customization, and arguably better support/stability
  3. Unfortunately there is not as multiple CFW are available which makes keeping track of all CFW difficult. Most, if not all, of SX OS' features can be found in other CFW such as a cheat engine, .XCI/.NSP file support, and Stealth Mode. Atmosphere is considered to be the most feature-rich free CFW while ReiNX can perform most of Atmosphere's functions with a lot less hassle. Or you can just try all CFW and see which one you prefer as CFW is never installed to your Switch console
  4. Any form of hacking can and will get you banned. Direct any further inquiries about bans to this thread
Ok thanks. So the online question. that's about it: use clean sysnand to play with official cart? backup clean nand first, and restore after using any of the cfw when going online, and then repeating the process of backup, right?

I've see the ban thread. a lot of mistakes...

thenevernow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) Not at all.
2) Maybe you installed to NAND?

1) Still, that's what seems to happen to me. I am using the public 90NDS servers. I also see news in the home screen, but everything else Nintendo is blocked. Should I presume 90DNS is failing me?

2) No, I am certain everything was installed on the SD card. Some of the DLC were pretty big so I would notice the taken space on the NAND.

Ewc177

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: just bought a switch already on 7.0.1 and a r4s dongle,tried everything on r4 site,but wont boot,just flashes blue and the power wont come on. Checked my serial number and says I may be patched,but not definite.What do I need to do,or do I need to block switch wifi and wait for new hacks?Thank you.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: just bought a switch already on 7.0.1 and a r4s dongle,tried everything on r4 site,but wont boot,just flashes blue and the power wont come on. Checked my serial number and says I may be patched,but not definite.What do I need to do,or do I need to block switch wifi and wait for new hacks?Thank you.

Get an unpatched unit, there is not eta when patched unit will get support.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. So the online question. that's about it: use clean sysnand to play with official cart? backup clean nand first, and restore after using any of the cfw when going online, and then repeating the process of backup, right?

I've see the ban thread. a lot of mistakes...
You can do that or buy SX OS, use EmuNAND for CFW/homebrew while keeping SysNAND clean and away from any CFW/homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ