SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Wibbyess

Wibbyess Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2018
    Brazil
    Hello! I need help! I'm brazilian so my english sucks... sorry! How do I remove the ChoiDujourNX Auto RCM? I've heard that if I do it will burn the fuses. I want to go back to an older firmware.

2. rfrank1

rfrank1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2016
    United States
    Hello, I have a few questions about switch hacking.
    I'm currently on firmware 3.0. Is it o.k to leave the sysnand on 3.0 and update the emunand to 6.2?
    Does using Sxos 2.0 burn fuses the first time it is used like 1.0?
    How common is the issue of exfat formatted cards corrupting?

3. aFrenchGeek

aFrenchGeek Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    France
    Hi there :)

One question :
    My switch is unbanned for now. I'm using SX OS (version 2.0.1) in 6.1.
    I want to update it to 6.2 and use SX OS with the latest version. Should i upgrade using ChoixduJour NX (but much more complicate) or can i use the regular way since i'm not banned and not get banned either by updating using SXOS ? let me know

4. hapse

hapse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2011
    Hey guys, I am on a 4.0.1 console (running Atmosphere from sdsetup) and when I am trying to install a newer NSP or XCI game (have tried both over usb and while having the file on the sd). I get the error "Failed to open the meta NCA (CNMT NCA) within the NSP. (error code 0x236e02)" on goldleaf and the same error code in zerotwoxci. If I try installing over usb with tinfoil it's just stuck on "Download Progress: 0/0 MB <0%> <0.00 MB/s>".

Switchbrew says 0x236e02 means "Invalid PartitionFS block hash"

So I am wondering, is it because I am trying to install a new game while being on 4.0.1 or is the files corrupted? I have tried checking for corruption with this tool and it said everything was OK.

5. MSco

MSco GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2016
    Germany
    Is this way to backup and hack my switch still up to date? https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/

I am asking, because this thread is from may 2018, but I would like to hack my switch in the currently most common form.

Is this the "safest" way to use cfw offline and use original firmware online?
    If I would like to use cfw, I would run cfw in airplane mode, and for playing online, I would restore the nand, load ofw and go online.

Would this be the safest way, that is currently available/known?

Last edited by MSco, Jan 3, 2019
  6. Younistyle

Younistyle Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2019
    Netherlands
    Hi all,

Noob question here, I cannot find out how to update installed XCI's.

My research brought me to CDNSP but that seems to be dead at the moment.
    Anybody any idea's?

Problem is, switch is not letting me boot zelda BoTW and says a software update is required, which lets me come to the conclusion that a more recent version of Zelda BoTW has been installed before.

I tried removing save data en reinstalling XCI but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

7. DocBo

DocBo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2018
    Germany
    Is it possible to add game updates to each XCI files or have i to install them as usual?!

8. WallsAreLiquid

WallsAreLiquid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Russia
    Hekate payload can apply and disable AutoRCM via it's Tools submenu, you can read about it in Hekate's thread on corresponding "Tools" tab under "Features guide:" section. AFAIK, AutoRCM is a damaged bytes in BOOT0 (effectively, brick on purpose), so if you restore BOOT0/1 pre-AutoRCM backup (not forgot about RAW GPP), it should have the same effect. Fuses will be burned to the demanded by FW version numbers on the first clean OFW launch at the "Nintendo" logo time. Please be carefull and plan what you are aiming at and want to do: you can install older FW with ChoiDujourNX without disabling AutoRCM. If you want to return your unit to innocent unhacked state, restoring both backups with Hekate should be enough.

Last edited by WallsAreLiquid, Jan 3, 2019
    Wibbyess likes this.
  9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes you can update EmuNAND to 6.2 while leaving SysNAND on 3.0. SX OS does not burn fuses past version 1.2. And exFAT corruption is relatively common so its better to use FAT32 for a new system.

Its better to update with ChoiDujourNX as it lets you retain exFAT support in one update while updating online requires you to update twice to be on a firmware with exFAT support unless you're updating from a firmware that doesn't support exFAT in which case it would be performed in one update.

Its because your firmware is too low according to this thread.

That thread hasn't been updated since July so that's a definitive no from me. All CFW use the same exploit so all consoles are hacked the exact same way; boot into RCM, send payload via USB, and you have CFW. For the safest way to use a hacked console, refer to this thread.
    Find the game's respective update in .NSP format and install it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsc_bui...lder-game-updates-dlc-in-a-single-xci.522486/

hapse, rfrank1, DocBo and 2 others like this.
  10. MSco

MSco GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2016
    Germany
    Ok, but there is no tutorial how to hack my switch and backup my nand.There is only a form, where I can tell if I am banned and so on. Where can I find a tutorial, that is up to date?

11. Xana

Xana Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    https://guide.sdsetup.com/

The link Drax gave was answering the second part of your post

MSco likes this.
  12. MagicStarGr

MagicStarGr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Greece
    Hello there,

Just bought a Switch SN: XAJ40043... version 4.1. I think this is not pached.

So it is in version 4.1. I want before the CFW to backup the NAND. Should I do it now and after update to 6.2 or update first and secondly backup the NAND.

Thanks in advance.

Pantelis

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Or not update at all and stay at 4.1 ?

13. WallsAreLiquid

WallsAreLiquid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Russia
    Please check this thread: Firmware status
    4.1.0 has an unreleased warm boot exploit, and you are able to preserve your option to apply it in the future. So you want to backup your current eMMC state and update FW to 6.2 without burning fuses. There is no reason to stay on 4.1.0, if you can update it safely.

14. MagicStarGr

MagicStarGr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Greece
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply. So first backup the NAND. Second update through ChoiDujour to 6.2 and third apply Reinx CFW ?

Will be any problem if I stay to 4.1. Somewhere I read that staying on lowest firmware is the best.

Please advice. Thank you.

15. WallsAreLiquid

WallsAreLiquid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Russia
    To use ChoiDujourNX you need some way to launch homebrew apps. On 4.1.0 your only option is a Fusée Gelée, so technically you need to chainload some CFW with Hekate at the first place, then launch ChoiDujourNX.
    You will not be able to play games, which need new FW. This is a good advice, if you have really ancient FW, don't want recent games or actually hack your console and research it.

16. MagicStarGr

MagicStarGr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Greece
    So first update to 6.2 then do the rest? Online update or with ChoiDujour?

Sorry for my bad English :)

17. WallsAreLiquid

WallsAreLiquid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Russia
    Backup 4.1.0 NAND and BIS keys, then do the rest. Going online from a hacked unit will gives it ban with high chances. My short answers can be misleading, you should stick to some guide, like https://guide.sdsetup.com

Last edited by WallsAreLiquid, Jan 3, 2019
  18. Troll1011

Troll1011 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    what does NSW stand for and what does it mean?

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Stands for Nintendo SWitch (capitalizing the W since by itself, it doesn't stand for anything). Its how scene groups refer to their releases so people know what console the dump is for which is useful since most of the Switch games are on other systems.

20. Troll1011

Troll1011 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    thank you