SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. WallsAreLiquid

WallsAreLiquid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Russia
    To use ChoiDujourNX you need some way to launch homebrew apps. On 4.1.0 your only option is a Fusée Gelée, so technically you need to chainload some CFW with Hekate at the first place, then launch ChoiDujourNX.
    You will not be able to play games, which need new FW. This is a good advice, if you have really ancient FW, don't want recent games or actually hack your console and research it.

2. MagicStarGr

MagicStarGr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Greece
    So first update to 6.2 then do the rest? Online update or with ChoiDujour?

Sorry for my bad English :)

3. WallsAreLiquid

WallsAreLiquid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Russia
    Backup 4.1.0 NAND and BIS keys, then do the rest. Going online from a hacked unit will gives it ban with high chances. My short answers can be misleading, you should stick to some guide, like https://guide.sdsetup.com

Last edited by WallsAreLiquid, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Troll1011

Troll1011 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    what does NSW stand for and what does it mean?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Stands for Nintendo SWitch (capitalizing the W since by itself, it doesn't stand for anything). Its how scene groups refer to their releases so people know what console the dump is for which is useful since most of the Switch games are on other systems.

6. Troll1011

Troll1011 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    thank you

7. Krazyeye

Krazyeye Just Keep On Keepin' On!

Aug 5, 2017
    Korea, South
    WOLFPACK
    People will probably say to update via ChoiDujour offline method (prevents from buring fuses). But I have read & witnessed many users having too many issues with their Switch (even almost bricked) when they updated the system via ChoiDujour. It's really up to you; if you are planning on using the "online" service, then update offline or buy a second Switch for online only with legit games.
    For me, I do not care about online access so I have updated my system via big N server. I have updated my system twice so far and no issue what-so-ever (not banned); Hope this helps.

8. MagicStarGr

MagicStarGr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Greece
    Hi Krazyeye,

I don't care also about online. So what are the steps?

Now I am backing up the NAND of 4.1. What's next?
    Update to 6.2 online and backup NAND again?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also I would like to ask what is that deja vu exploit that v4.1 has.

Thanks

9. Krazyeye

Aug 5, 2017
    Korea, South
    WOLFPACK
    1. Backup your Switch at firmware 4.1 (it takes about +1hr to backup so charge your Switch b4).
    2. Connect to internet and update the system firmware to 6.2 via big N server.
    3. After automatic restart (fuse has been burned), delete the internet setting & enable the Airplane mode.
    4. Backup your Switch again at firmware 6.2.
    5. That's about it. Use CFW of your choice and Enjoy :)

Last edited by Krazyeye, Jan 3, 2019
  10. MagicStarGr

MagicStarGr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Greece
    And is this proof method that I will not get banned in the future?

11. Krazyeye

Aug 5, 2017
    Korea, South
    WOLFPACK
    If you are using any CFW, you are NOT 100% safe and possible that may get banned in the future. Only time will tell..

12. MagicStarGr

MagicStarGr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Greece
    If I stay on 4.1 will I have any issues with games?

13. Krazyeye

Aug 5, 2017
    Korea, South
    WOLFPACK
    I would update the system firmware to the latest FW. FW4.1 and lower DO NOT support exFAT format. People have bricked their system by trying to "force" exFAT support for FW4.1 and lower. Trust me, you want exFAT format so that it can support game file sizes bigger than 4GB. Splitting-up your NSP or XCI are pain in the @ss.

14. MagicStarGr

MagicStarGr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Greece
    OK I am going to update it. What abou AutoRCM? Do you use it?

15. Krazyeye

Aug 5, 2017
    Korea, South
    WOLFPACK
    I personally do not but it is recommended by others. Since I do not turn-off my Switch ever, so AutoRCM is not really necessary for me. And when I'm not using it, my Switch is always on Sleep Mode.

16. MagicStarGr

MagicStarGr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Greece
    Thank you for the replies. One more question :) What is the difference between XCI and NSP files. I am going to use Kosmos and Tinfoil.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also should I create an account? Or is not necesary?

17. MSco

MSco GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2016
    Germany
    Would it make any sense for me to backup my 5.1.0 firmware using this guide and then updating via nintendo servers? https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/safetyprecautions

I would like to play online now, but hack my switch on a later point. Is there any reason for me creating a 5.1.0 NAND backup then?

Or could even simply creating a backup leave some traces of cfw, that I could be banned for in the future? I am not sure, if backing up my NAND even counts as "using cfw"?

Last edited by MSco, Jan 3, 2019
  18. rfrank1

rfrank1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2016
    United States
    Thank you Draxzelex for the reply. Is there any negatives or complications to using multiple micro sd cards on one switch

19. Argenorus

Argenorus Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    France
    Hi All !

I need help...

I am pretty new to switch hacking so be patient with me please.

I have a Switch in 1.0.0 version and I have bought a SX OS Pro dongle.

Following previous advice I got in this forum, using an exFAT formatted 128Go sdcard an using the 2.4.1 version os SX OS, I have :

1) done a Nand backup (with both SX os and Hekate (just to be sure))
    2) created emuNand (on hidden partition)
    3) activated SX OS (offline)
    4) activated Auto-RCM

Now, Everytime my switch boots I beleive it to go to the emunand but it asks to download an update for my exFAT scard to work.
    If I cancel and try to access any folder - I get the "2162-0002" which basiwally ask me to reboot the system by pressing the power button during 12 s.

I get stuck and don't know what to do. I am pretty sure that I would need to update the emunand to a more recent firmware that would accept exFAT but I am unable to do that since I can't have access to the homebrew which makes it impossible for me to use choidujourNX...

Any help is welcome...

Best

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    .NSP files are a format to install files to the system ranging from games, updates, and DLC whereas .XCI files are cartridges that you can mount directly with SX OS or install with various homebrew applications.

Certain applications require a linked Nintendo Account such as Pianista, the NES app, and local play with Stardew Valley. Couple that with the fact that accounts are rarely banned and there is not much to lose by linking a Nintendo Account but there is quite a lot to gain.

The first step of hacking any console is making a NAND backup. The last thing anyone wants is to have wasted all of their money on a bricked console. Clean or not, the real purpose of a NAND backup is to restore from a brick. If you haven't made a NAND backup yet, do so immediately.

Nope.

Format the SD card to FAT32. Since your SD card is bigger than 32 GB, you will need to use a third-party program such as GUIFormat.

Argenorus, MSco and rfrank1 like this.