Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

iBeech

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I’m about to enter the switch modding scene. Almost all my games are purchased from the eshop.

Is there anyway for me to patch these downloaded games so they don’t need to check online to play? Or will I need to source new copies from online in order to play them on a modded switch?

Thanks!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I’m about to enter the switch modding scene. Almost all my games are purchased from the eshop.

Is there anyway for me to patch these downloaded games so they don’t need to check online to play? Or will I need to source new copies from online in order to play them on a modded switch?

Thanks!

Emunand mirror 1:1 of sysnand, so what ever you installed on sysnand internal storage get mirror, the rest you have to reinstall.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Thanks!
recommended reading:

rentry.org/switchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

BruhGimmeName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hallo, having some issues getting emuMMC to boot. This is my first time hacking a switch, and I'm on a 2017 model, using fusee-gelee to enter RCM.

512gb sd card formatted in FAT32
Hekate 6.0.1
Atmosphere 1.4.0
HOS 15.0.1
sigpatches from the thread here (the highest FS in there seems to be 15.0.0 but people in the thread mention it should work on 15.0.1 too)
hekate_ipl.ini from the same zip as the sigpatches
CFW sysMMC boots properly and I can confirm it's atmosphere from the options/system menu
Stock sysMMC boots properly too
CFW emuMMC doesn't boot, gives me an error which says "unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported! or emuMMC corrupted!"
I did re-create the emuMMC (on sd partition), to confirm it was not a corruption issue, same error still appears.
For first install I followed the guide at switch.homebrew.guide.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on fw version 4.0 on sysfw. CFW is updated to the latest so no issue there. I have pegascape/newshax installed and I am not sure as to how to go about updating as I want to play online with legit games. I already got an RCM device so I no longer needs pegascape. Thanks pals.
Well if you're going to be using Fusee Gelee to boot CFW, then you can update your firmware to whatever you want however you want. The real question is whether you want to burn fuses or not. If you don't mind burning fuses, you can update normally online. However this will prevent you from ever downgrading in the future in case a better exploit is released such as an untethered coldboot. If you want to preserve your fuses, there are a few ways of going about that but the easiest is using the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere.
Hallo, having some issues getting emuMMC to boot. This is my first time hacking a switch, and I'm on a 2017 model, using fusee-gelee to enter RCM.

512gb sd card formatted in FAT32
Hekate 6.0.1
Atmosphere 1.4.0
HOS 15.0.1
sigpatches from the thread here (the highest FS in there seems to be 15.0.0 but people in the thread mention it should work on 15.0.1 too)
hekate_ipl.ini from the same zip as the sigpatches
CFW sysMMC boots properly and I can confirm it's atmosphere from the options/system menu
Stock sysMMC boots properly too
CFW emuMMC doesn't boot, gives me an error which says "unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported! or emuMMC corrupted!"
I did re-create the emuMMC (on sd partition), to confirm it was not a corruption issue, same error still appears.
For first install I followed the guide at switch.homebrew.guide.
For starters, I'd recommend deleting your /atmosphere folder and downloading a fresh one from the official GitHub page.

BruhGimmeName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For starters, I'd recommend deleting your /atmosphere folder and downloading a fresh one from the official GitHub page.
Just done so, same error still appears. (I actually went to the official page rather than the link you posted)

The full error is as follows:

Code:
Unknown pkg1 version.
HOS version not supported!
or emuMMC corrupt!

Trying backup bootloader...
Found pkg1 ('').

Unknown pkg1 version.
or emuMMC corrupt!

Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just done so, same error still appears. (I actually went to the official page rather than the link you posted)

Code:
Unknown pkg1 version.
or emuMMC corrupt!

Found pkg1 ('').

Unknown pkg1 version.
or emuMMC corrupt!

Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key...
Let me see your hekate_ipl.ini so I can just confirm what its booting and how.

BruhGimmeName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Let me see your hekate_ipl.ini so I can just confirm what its booting and how.
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
Alright so everything is normal as I expected but I just wanted to be sure. Now, instead of using Hekate to boot CFW on your emuMMC, try using fusee.bin instead. It should be with what you downloaded from the Atmosphere GitHub page. Don't worry, fusee is designed to boot emuMMC by default when its enabled.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Code:
Unknown pkg1 version.
or emuMMC corrupt!

Found pkg1 ('').

Unknown pkg1 version.
or emuMMC corrupt!

Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key...
you fail to update hekate.
update again hekate and atmosphère
Post automatically merged:

AND DO NOT FORGET to update your payload:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/unknown-pkg1-version-hos-version-not-supported.622910/

BruhGimmeName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright so everything is normal as I expected but I just wanted to be sure. Now, instead of using Hekate to boot CFW on your emuMMC, try using fusee.bin instead. It should be with what you downloaded from the Atmosphere GitHub page. Don't worry, fusee is designed to boot emuMMC by default when its enabled.
"A fatal error occurred when running fusee.
Invalid GPT signature

Press POWER to reboot."
you fail to update hekate.
update again hekate and atmosphère
Post automatically merged:

AND DO NOT FORGET to update your payload:
I am on hekate 6.0.1 which seems to be the latest version according to their github. Just to make sure I deleted the whole bootloader folder from my switch's SD card, replaced it with the one from the github, and tried again. (Of course I also placed hekate_ipl.ini and patches.ini back into bootloader after deleting it).
Same error.
Yes I'm launching the 6.0.1 payload, from TegraRcmGUI 2.6 under windows 10.

Edit:
Perhaps this can help. I opened the sd in disk management and diskpart both, and neither can seem to tell the file system the hidden (29GB) emuMMC partition is in. Is that normal?
1673313569863.png

Last edited by BruhGimmeName,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invalid GPT signature

Press POWER to reboot."

I am on hekate 6.0.1 which seems to be the latest version according to their github. Just to make sure I deleted the whole bootloader folder from my switch's SD card, replaced it with the one from the github, and tried again. (Of course I also placed hekate_ipl.ini and patches.ini back into bootloader after deleting it).
Same error.

Edit:
Perhaps this can help. I opened the sd in disk management and diskpart both, and neither can seem to tell the file system the hidden (29GB) emuMMC partition is in. Is that normal?
View attachment 346798
Try using the migrate emuMMC option in Hekate.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you're going to be using Fusee Gelee to boot CFW, then you can update your firmware to whatever you want however you want. The real question is whether you want to burn fuses or not. If you don't mind burning fuses, you can update normally online. However this will prevent you from ever downgrading in the future in case a better exploit is released such as an untethered coldboot. If you want to preserve your fuses, there are a few ways of going about that but the easiest is using the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere.

Running daybreak on sysnand would dirty my sysnand thus making it unsuitable for online play. I ran daybreak on emunand to get that updated to the latest Nintendo firmware. I have no idea what fuse glee is, I use hekate/atmosphere with regular fusee.bin. Is there a way to avoid burning fuses and avoid having a dirty nand? I imagine Nintendo can probably check to see that there are too many fuses for the current fw, am I wrong to assume this?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Invalid GPT signature

Press POWER to reboot."

Same error.

Edit:
View attachment 346798

yes it's normal, you "E" disk is the SD the 29.16 GB RAW partition is where you EmuNADN should be.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Migrate to where?
Should I just select the "Fix RAW" option?

EDIT!
ACTUALLY, NEVERMIND!
All buttons except 'cancel' are disabled. What does this mean?
That is...weird to say the least. It could be possible there is no emuMMC to migrate or fix. Let's try another tool to see if we get the same response. EmuTool is a homebrew application designed for managing emuMMC. Boot into CFW on sysMMC and see if anything can be done.
Running daybreak on sysnand would dirty my sysnand thus making it unsuitable for online play. I ran daybreak on emunand to get that updated to the latest Nintendo firmware. I have no idea what fuse glee is, I use hekate/atmosphere with regular fusee.bin. Is there a way to avoid burning fuses and avoid having a dirty nand? I imagine Nintendo can probably check to see that there are too many fuses for the current fw, am I wrong to assume this?
If there is, then they would have banned me already by now. Of course, I don't use Daybreak or any other homebrew app to update my firmware without burning fuses. What I do is I download the system update in Stock then go offline and boot into CFW to install the system update. If you have AutoRCM enabled, CFW prevents AutoRCM from being removed when the system is updated.

BruhGimmeName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That is...weird to say the least. It could be possible there is no emuMMC to migrate or fix. Let's try another tool to see if we get the same response. EmuTool is a homebrew application designed for managing emuMMC. Boot into CFW on sysMMC and see if anything can be done.
Wouldn't installing homebrews on my sysMMC dirty it and flag it?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If there is, then they would have banned me already by now. Of course, I don't use Daybreak or any other homebrew app to update my firmware without burning fuses. What I do is I download the system update in Stock then go offline and boot into CFW to install the system update. If you have AutoRCM enabled, CFW prevents AutoRCM from being removed when the system is updated.
So you can update system firmware while in emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi