Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

shja17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If you only push up and it register a down along with it, it is moving on it own, you should get replacement analog stick and replace it. I recently had one of my joycon drift, where it move on it own, I end up replacing the analog stick.
I have 2 spare analogs. I replaced and tried both. They also exhibit the same issue. It is hard to believe that the analog I replaced 3 months ago started having issue. Now 2 more as soon as I installed them have the same issue. Are they all faulty or could this be another joy con related issue?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
yes welcome to Nintendo quality, has been people whom suffer for drift in weeks after replacement and others live years without it.

I do recommend to look for kits from reputable source. bad what for now there is not a really good Hall Effect replacement for joy cons.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 spare analogs. I replaced and tried both. They also exhibit the same issue. It is hard to believe that the analog I replaced 3 months ago started having issue. Now 2 more as soon as I installed them have the same issue. Are they all faulty or could this be another joy con related issue?

Probably need good quality one like from ifixit.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you can see it in the gif it is not moving on its own. Whenever I press it up. It registers a down and up, continuously.

Yes the idle is a bit off from the center. But it doesn't cause any movement in game
To me that seems like a different thing than drifting... It's even centering well and registering the movement "steps" well.

I'm not a electronics expert anyway but maybe the joysticks could be above or below Nintendo specs causing it to glitch or maybe there's something going bad with the controller electronics, no idea for real 😟

Can you try like squiz the joystick assembly like from top and specially botom and move the joystick forward to see if it still glitches while you keep making pressure into it (it might be going light barely contacting when moving the stick to full front changing the resistance a lot that it registers as full bottom).

I have one RC radio that had similar issues way before the pots wear down and it was the pot assembly was crap and all loose and making pressure on it fixed the glitching.

But I also have 1 Xbox360 controller that I never could fix it was completely glitching like crazy and putting a brand new joystick even original would make 0 difference. In fact something is so bad that even without any joystick soldered into the PCB and just moving my finger around close to the PCB makes it give all kinds of crazy values kinda like it turned the board into a touch sensor which doesn't happen on a good one, its possessed by the devil or something 😁

Last edited by guily6669,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried any of the YouTube videos about fixing joycon drift? Might simply need a piece of cardboard underneath (inside of the casing, under the analog stick(s).

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Tried any of the YouTube videos about fixing joycon drift? Might simply need a piece of cardboard underneath (inside of the casing, under the analog stick(s).
yeah, that works for some time and only if the deterioration of the inner layer of carbon is only minimal, and you have no debris or dirt inside the stick.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if still works but in the past changing values on the system_settings.ini you can change the fan behaviour, put to run all the time or stop it completely, change the curves etc. @binkinator does know any of this?
I sure do remember, we were talking about that over here and @randy_w mentioned this:

…you can try to create your own fan curve:
Create system_settings.ini in atmosphere\config folder and paste following codes:
Code:
[tc]
tskin_rate_table_console = str!"[[-1000000, 40000, 0, 0], [36000, 43000, 51, 51], [43000, 53000, 51, 153], [53000, 58000, 153, 255], [58000, 1000000, 255, 255]]"
tskin_rate_table_handheld = str!"[[-1000000, 40000, 0, 0], [36000, 43000, 51, 51], [43000, 48000, 51, 102], [48000, 53000, 102, 153], [53000, 1000000, 153, 153], [48000, 1000000, 153, 153]]"
Now you can edit the fan curve, for example [43000, 48000, 51, 102] means fan will accelerate from 51 at 43 degree C to 102 at 48 degree C. Speed range is 0-255. Experiment with it you'll find the values suit you.

Kokkobil3

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello!
I have bought a switch from a friend, it came with sx gear, and Hekate+Atmosphere. I'd like to get rid of almost everything that is inside, install some emulators and play games I used to play almost 30 years ago. No problem to remain on SysNand, also because my friend lost his backups.
Do you have any advice to me? I've backed up the actual nand, and the prod keys too, just to be safe... what will be the best thing to do? load a new Sd Card with atmosphere and hekate, and start fresh from there?
Thanks
Kokko

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you have a backup go ahead, start over, and if already have Atmospère so is most be sure no Boot0 & boot1 problems, so, format your card and star over.

this guide will help you a lot:

rentry.co/switchHackingIsEasy

and no harm on using EmuNAND so I recommend using it.

Kokkobil3

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you have a backup go ahead, start over, and if already have Atmospère so is most be sure no Boot0 & boot1 problems, so, format your card and star over.

this guide will help you a lot:

rentry.co/switchHackingIsEasy

and no harm on using EmuNAND so I recommend using it.
thanks Impeeza! I'm preparing a new card, cause the other one was small, and I'd love to put in a lot of old games :D

• Love

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They would be programs you added by putting them into your /atmosphere/contents folder. If you've never touched that folder, then its not that but if you have, it might be worth cleaning out. At any rate, there is one other thing you can try. You can try entering Maintenance Mode. You enter it by holding volume + and - when turning the console on. Once you're in, you don't need to do anything else and can either exit or turn off the console. Still have no idea why this sometimes works to fix problems but its worth a shot.

if your SD card is not corrupted (test using H2TestW) download and copy the sigpatches from https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatc...-fusee-package3.571543/page-107#post-10011399 replace any old file, no maters if you are update first try these files.

@Draxzelex Only thing in contents folder where cheats. And those cheats don't involve the troublesome games.
Maintenance mode did not help.

@impeeza SD card is not corrupt. I did get the sigpatches from there. But to be sure I redownloaded them and put them back on the SD. You do mean the attachement of said topic right? That is enough right? I don't need to use any of the tools mentioned in the post itself right?

Anyway did some retesting.
1) Directly put SD card into PC.
2) Re-copied the sigpatches
3) Added a test game and update directly to the SD card
4) Insert SD into Switch inject and booted.
5) Tried one troublesome game. Said files corrupted check. Cancel retried game same error.
6) Removed said game.
7) Used tinfoil to install BASE game.
8) Tried base game and it booted fine.
9) Updated the game using tinfoil.
10) Tried booting the game and it gives me an error.

Again here is my switch info:

15.0.0 AMS 1.4.0/S

So it seems there is an issue when some games are updated. Game I retested was Switch Sports.
What could I still try to make it all work? Any ideas?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, i tried to install updates and DLCs by Awoo Installer and it's Not working, i Installed normaly in the same way i install games but in the console the games are in version 1.0 and says "are aditional content to download please turn off plane mode' and don't make the installation. Anyone knows the steps or how i have to do to install updates and DLCs via Awoo Installer?

Make sure your Sigpatches are up to date:
Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@Draxzelex Only thing in contents folder where cheats. And those cheats don't involve the troublesome games.
Maintenance mode did not help.

@impeeza SD card is not corrupt. I did get the sigpatches from there. But to be sure I redownloaded them and put them back on the SD. You do mean the attachement of said topic right? That is enough right? I don't need to use any of the tools mentioned in the post itself right?

Anyway did some retesting.
1) Directly put SD card into PC.
2) Re-copied the sigpatches
3) Added a test game and update directly to the SD card
4) Insert SD into Switch inject and booted.
5) Tried one troublesome game. Said files corrupted check. Cancel retried game same error.
6) Removed said game.
7) Used tinfoil to install BASE game.
8) Tried base game and it booted fine.
9) Updated the game using tinfoil.
10) Tried booting the game and it gives me an error.

Again here is my switch info:

15.0.0 AMS 1.4.0/S

So it seems there is an issue when some games are updated. Game I retested was Switch Sports.
What could I still try to make it all work? Any ideas?
Yeah redownload the attached one and extract to the root of sd. Replace everything except hekate_ipl.ini

Last edited by impeeza,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any known conflict with Edizon overlay and others?

I just tried Edizon overlay and doesn't work for me, as soon as I open it from Tesla menu it does nothing and Tesla menu stop working, I have to relaunch atmosphere.

I have:

Tesla Menu;
- Nx-ovlloader;
- SaltyNX 0.4a hotfix;
- ReverseNX-RT (plugin+overlay);
- OC overlay from OC suite;
- FPS monitor.

And also does anyone know if there's a better way to switch between docked and handheld mode than reverseNX-RT?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any known conflict with Edizon overlay and others?

I just tried Edizon overlay and doesn't work for me, as soon as I open it from Tesla menu it does nothing and Tesla menu stop working, I have to relaunch atmosphere.

I have:

Tesla Menu;
- Nx-ovlloader;
- SaltyNX 0.4a hotfix;
- ReverseNX-RT (plugin+overlay);
- OC overlay from OC suite;
- FPS monitor.

And also does anyone know if there's a better way to switch between docked and handheld mode than reverseNX-RT?
You need the one from proferbg. Give me a sec.

E: here you go

https://gbatemp.net/threads/after-t...and-i-cannot-open-tesla.621963/#post-10001862

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, thank you so much, will try as soon as I get home.

And about switching between docked and handheld mode do you know if what I have described above is the best?

I hope there's something else that wouldn't need SaltyNX cause it doesn't work on a lot of games 😕

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But for $20 he will still let you...