Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

nickieemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I gave my switch to a friend. The switch has the latest Horizon 15.01 in the emuNAND. I think not in the OFW/sysNAND (I think it was still at 14.0.0 when I had hacked it).

He will connect his account to the OFW and we were wondering how to transfer the saves from the soon to be connected account in the OFW to the already existing CFW. Do you know?

I remember when I had copied the sysNAND/OFW to the emuNAND/CFW, the saves had been copied too. He has the cartridges in the OFW and his account.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave my switch to a friend. The switch has the latest Horizon 15.01 in the emuNAND. I think not in the OFW/sysNAND (I think it was still at 14.0.0 when I had hacked it).

He will connect his account to the OFW and we were wondering how to transfer the saves from the soon to be connected account in the OFW to the already existing CFW. Do you know?

I remember when I had copied the sysNAND/OFW to the emuNAND/CFW, the saves had been copied too. He has the cartridges in the OFW and his account.
Before I explain, you must understand that OFW and CFW are just modes. You don't "transfer" saves from OFW to CFW because you can boot OFW and CFW on the same system so in that sense, there is no transfer. However, there is emuMMC and sysMMC which operate like 2 different consoles and do not interact with each other so a transfer is necessary in that case. If we operate under that assumption, you have 2 options. You can use a homebrew save manager to dump the save data from sysMMC and then inject them into emuMMC. This of course risks getting the emuMMC banned. The other option is to remake the emuMMC after connecting the account. emuMMC is initially created as a copy of sysMMC so all data including saves will be copied over.

Reactions: nickieemp

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To prevent the Sysnand getting banned if it is not banned yet, just create a new emunand based off the Sysnand, and move save from the old 15.0.1 emunand.

Reactions: nickieemp

nickieemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Before I explain, you must understand that OFW and CFW are just modes. You don't "transfer" saves from OFW to CFW because you can boot OFW and CFW on the same system so in that sense, there is no transfer. However, there is emuMMC and sysMMC which operate like 2 different consoles and do not interact with each other so a transfer is necessary in that case. If we operate under that assumption, you have 2 options. You can use a homebrew save manager to dump the save data from sysMMC and then inject them into emuMMC. This of course risks getting the emuMMC banned. The other option is to remake the emuMMC after connecting the account. emuMMC is initially created as a copy of sysMMC so all data including saves will be copied over.
I get it, sorry for not being clear.
We do not wish to touch the sysNAND at all (avoiding risk of getting banned).

I guess I need to get a new sd card and do the initial steps once more and then get the saves from the sysNAND with the connected accound all the way back to the new emuNAND...

To prevent the Sysnand getting banned if it is not banned yet, just create a new emunand based off the Sysnand, and move save from the old 15.0.1 emunand.

Same as above then.

Thank you both!

Reactions: Draxzelex

spiroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dumped all saved data using JKSV and copied the directory to the new sd card containing my latest install.
However I don't get an option to recreate user profiles along restoring the saves.

Do I need to recreate users on the new emunand ?
I feel like i'm missing something essential :blush:

I'm stuck with the saves restore :(
@Draxzelex or @binkinator you might have the answer ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: impeeza

Artaifix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's correct,

Even if you can run daybreak on applet mode the limited memory could lead to errors. so that are the steps.

if you run daybreak on EmuNAND your EmuNAND will be updated, if you run it on SysNAND, SysNAND will be updated,

on EmuNAND the SYSNAND is not visible.
Thanks for confirming this

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
how to update cfw and ofw?
im using atmosphere
im on switch version 2
i already have AIO, i just need to steps, im just afraid to brick my unit

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
how to update cfw and ofw?
im using atmosphere
im on switch version 2
i already have AIO, i just need to steps, im just afraid to brick my unit
One tip for you: Never ever uses AIO to update Atmosphere.

Below are some brief for you should follow:
  1. Delete/deactive Custom Theme (If you use)
  2. Follow this guide https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW
  3. Update any module/plugin/ovl that you use to latest

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
how do i know if im mariko or erista?
see pics below:

Im using modded switch Version 2. maybe this info can help.
Im seeing SXOS, Hekate and Atmosphere when starting up, or maybe its called Recovery mode.

then:
4Flash Spacecraft-NXView
5Update Spacecraft-NX firmwareView

then this two but do i need it?

Attachments

• unt.png
    unt.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 29

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i know if im mariko or erista?
see pics below:

Im using modded switch Version 2. maybe this info can help.
Im seeing SXOS, Hekate and Atmosphere when starting up, or maybe its called Recovery mode.

then:
4Flash Spacecraft-NXView
5Update Spacecraft-NX firmwareView

then this two but do i need it?

Check what model you have, Erista is V1, Mariko is V2.

LostVanadis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I let someone install a modship to my unbanned v2 Switch. It automatically boots into hekate even without SD card. If I launch into stock firmware through hekate, is there any risk of getting banned if I play games online (non-pirated of course)?
And are there ways to make hekate not boot automatically and use Tegra instead to boot into atmosphere or is it not possible because of the modship? This is hella confusing.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I let someone install a modship to my unbanned v2 Switch. It automatically boots into hekate even without SD card. If I launch into stock firmware through hekate, is there any risk of getting banned if I play games online (non-pirated of course)?
And are there ways to make hekate not boot automatically and use Tegra instead to boot into atmosphere or is it not possible because of the modship? This is hella confusing.

As long your Sysnand is clean you can play online, no pirated games, as for booting Atmosphere from hekate just setup autoboot on hekate.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you previously launched CFW and/or homebrew, it will leave traces inside your console that can risk getting you banned whenever you go online even if use Stock firmware through Hekate. You also cannot use TegraRCM to launch Atmosphere/Hekate on your console because its patched. Only unpatched Erista consoles can use TegraRCM. Patched consoles and Mariko units are primarily hacked through modchips.
Post automatically merged:

hello , i had buy a nintendo switch with sxos 2.8 and ofw 8 . i want to upgrade and create an emunand with atmoshere and i want the last original firmware. i don't know how and i don't know if the sxos is on sysnand or emunand. somebody can help me?
For starters, SX OS is neither on sysMMC or emuMMC. Instead, its on your SD card. SX OS was never installed to your console because its actually just a singular file called boot.dat. Secondly, you don't need to create a new emuMMC for Atmosphere if you already made one with SX OS. You can use a tool called Hekate which has a migrate emuMMC function that will allow you to use that emuMMC to launch Atmosphere instead. Lastly, since Atmosphere is a CFW like SX OS meaning its just a bunch of files you put on your SD card, you can just download the Atmosphere files and place them on the SD card to use Atmosphere. For prosperity's sake, you can follow this guide on where to download and use those files.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: LostVanadis

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi i did not check my previous cfw

but now its:

Current Version: 14.1.2 | AMS 1.4.0/s

did i did it right?
cause all i did was copy paste and back up the sys something

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i did not check my previous cfw

but now its:

Current Version: 14.1.2 | AMS 1.4.0/s

did i did it right?
cause all i did was copy paste and back up the sys something
Well the latest version of Atmosphere is 1.4.0 so if your intention was to update the CFW, you are now on the most updated version.

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well the latest version of Atmosphere is 1.4.0 so if your intention was to update the CFW, you are now on the most updated version.
yes and also to update the ofw for latest games..
i cant play oregon trail lol.. but im in the process of doing so..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes and also to update the ofw for latest games..
i cant play oregon trail lol.. but im in the process of doing so..
Well if you want to update OFW, you can just go online to update the firmware normally. Of course, you will burn fuses by doing so which will prevent you from ever being able to downgrade in case a better exploit such as untethered coldboot comes out in the future. If you don't want to burn fuses, you can use the homebrew application Daybreak or perform the system update in CFW while you have AutoRCM enabled.

• Love

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what's the best way to change between Docked\handheld modes?

I'm currently using:

- Tesla Menu;
- Nx-ovlloader;
- SaltyNX 0.4a hotfix;
- ReverseNX-RT;

They seem to be very outdated sadly and don't work on all games, there isn't anything better out there specially without need for saltyNX???

Also for OC I'm using mostly OC Suite mixed with other stuff, they seem to be always up-to-date and just released a update...

EDIT: Forgot to say my Switch is on latest atmosphere and emunand FW 15.0.0...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: