Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Revie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi there GBATemp,

I have a CFW Switch that is currently running Atmosphere 1.3.2|E and firmware 13.1.0. Unfortunately, I've installed a lot of bullshit on it and I want to clean it up and update to the latest version of Atmosphere and firmware. Can someone please recommend the safest and easiest way to do this? I'm a bit worried about potentially breaking my Switch, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
My SysNAND is clean & I should have the backup of it somewhere, too.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there GBATemp,

I have a CFW Switch that is currently running Atmosphere 1.3.2|E and firmware 13.1.0. Unfortunately, I've installed a lot of bullshit on it and I want to clean it up and update to the latest version of Atmosphere and firmware. Can someone please recommend the safest and easiest way to do this? I'm a bit worried about potentially breaking my Switch, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
My SysNAND is clean & I should have the backup of it somewhere, too.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Well when you say installed, do you mean like games or homebrew? Because while games and other content of that sort can be installed to the system, homebrew and the like exist solely on your SD card. If its the latter, its as simple as deleting everything on your SD card. If its the former, then you will have to do it manually from within the console itself. Either way, updating CFW is as easy as downloading the latest version of Atmosphere from the official GitHub page. If you want to update the firmware of your emuMMC, you can use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere by default. Usage is simple enough that even a noob can figure it out. The tricky part is you must download the firmware files of the firmware you wish to update to seperately. Since they are considered copyrighted material, no help can be given on where to find them but rest assured they are readily available on the Internet.

Revie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well when you say installed, do you mean like games or homebrew? Because while games and other content of that sort can be installed to the system, homebrew and the like exist solely on your SD card. If its the latter, its as simple as deleting everything on your SD card. If its the former, then you will have to do it manually from within the console itself. Either way, updating CFW is as easy as downloading the latest version of Atmosphere from the official GitHub page. If you want to update the firmware of your emuMMC, you can use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere by default. Usage is simple enough that even a noob can figure it out. The tricky part is you must download the firmware files of the firmware you wish to update to seperately. Since they are considered copyrighted material, no help can be given on where to find them but rest assured they are readily available on the Internet.
What about Switch AIO Tool ? Seems easier

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may sound like a dream come true but I've lost count of the number times people make threads or post here asking for help after using it. It just causes way more problems than it fixes. An app like that cannot possibly take into account everyone's own personal customization options.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
AIO Tools are not for noobs, even the most experimented on the scene get trouble with those tools, is better manually update each piece and you know what really is going on, the problem with AIO Tools is what do not suit for every console and combination of configurations.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Need some small help I think:

15.0.0 AMS 1.4.0/S

Updated a few games, just to have them updated.

But both Mario Strikers and Nintendo Switch Sports and Sega Megadrive won't boot now?
Also updated for example N64 and that still works fine.

What could be up?

Used Tinfoil + Nut on my pc.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

15.0.0 AMS 1.4.0/S

But both Mario Strikers and Nintendo Switch Sports and Sega Megadrive won't boot now?

What could be up?

Do you have any sysmodules enabled?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

15.0.0 AMS 1.4.0/S

What could be up?

did you update the sigpatches?

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
did you update the sigpatches?
Do you have any sysmodules enabled?
I updated the sigpatches when I updated the firmware and atmosphere. Unless they changed again after that?

I don't think I have any sysmodules enabled. Since I don't even know what those are.

Also the error message I get that there was an unexpected error.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the sigpatches when I updated the firmware and atmosphere. Unless they changed again after that?

I don't think I have any sysmodules enabled. Since I don't even know what those are.

Also the error message I get that there was an unexpected error.
They would be programs you added by putting them into your /atmosphere/contents folder. If you've never touched that folder, then its not that but if you have, it might be worth cleaning out. At any rate, there is one other thing you can try. You can try entering Maintenance Mode. You enter it by holding volume + and - when turning the console on. Once you're in, you don't need to do anything else and can either exit or turn off the console. Still have no idea why this sometimes works to fix problems but its worth a shot.

ghostgenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm having a fan issue on my Nintendo Switch. It works well in manual mode, but when I connect it to the TV it doesn't work. And as soon as I disconnect it from the TV, it starts to work quickly. In Resident Evil, it shows 61 ° C, but the fan does not work. What should I do?

LeGeemp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.
I'm having someone hard-mod a Switch OLED for me, and I'm wondering if there's a way to edit/overwrite save files safely for use online?
I'm looking to modify some Pokémon in PKHeX for Scarlet & Violet, so I can use them in raids etc. Will it be possible to edit a safe file for use on OFW?

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.
I'm having someone hard-mod a Switch OLED for me, and I'm wondering if there's a way to edit/overwrite save files safely for use online?
As of now, there is nothing call "SAFE" whenever you do dirty in your machine, there will be always BAN RISK you have to accept and live in fear.
The best way to avoid living in fear is stopping doing dirty thing and live as a good angle.
I'm looking to modify some Pokémon in PKHeX for Scarlet & Violet, so I can use them in raids etc. Will it be possible to edit a safe file for use on OFW?
To edit your save, you have to run Atmosphere with SysNAND and then use JSKV to extract your Pokemon save. Use that file to modify with PKHeX and then use JSKV to restore modified save into you SysNAND.

shja17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys,

Recently my left joy con analog started acted up in a strange manner. It is not drift. Whenever I fully push the stick up. It registers an up and down continuous motion. I have tried calibrating but in vain. I already had this analog replaced and I had 2 more spares. Replacing them still did not fix it. Which is the strangest bit. Anyone else faced such issue.

I doubt this is a console/OS issue because I could still reproduce the issue on PC connecting it via ds4win.

joy_con.gif

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Recently my left joy con analog started acted up in a strange manner. It is not drift. Whenever I fully push the stick up. It registers an up and down continuous motion. I have tried calibrating but in vain. I already had this analog replaced and I had 2 more spares. Replacing them still did not fix it. Which is the strangest bit. Anyone else faced such issue.

I doubt this is a console/OS issue because I could still reproduce the issue on PC connecting it via ds4win.

View attachment 346108

Controller drift is when the joycon analog joy stick move on their own, so you do have drift.

shja17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Controller drift is when the joycon analog joy stick move on their own, so you do have drift.
As you can see it in the gif it is not moving on its own. Whenever I press it up. It registers a down and up, continuously.

Yes the idle is a bit off from the center. But it doesn't cause any movement in game

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you can see it in the gif it is not moving on its own. Whenever I press it up. It registers a down and up, continuously.

If you only push up and it register a down along with it, it is moving on it own, you should get replacement analog stick and replace it. I recently had one of my joycon drift, where it move on it own, I end up replacing the analog stick.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Yes the idle is a bit off from the center. But it doesn't cause any movement in game
please do not doble post, do not create double threads for the same topic (https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10042093) that's do not double the likelihood of getting answer, by the contrary.

you get the same answer on booth threads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I've tried prime once
    I've had better tasting battery acid
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    has anyone tried to move Pokemon save files from emulator to console?
    no, open up a thread in the forums for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He already asked earlier
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    I am trying to find someone with knowledge on that willing to help me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I and Hayato warned him not to, but he won't listen
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa,
    I don't listen? What didn't I listen at? I just want to know all the possible risks on that part
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Hayato even said it's dangerous to backup the save files to CFW
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    how is this dangerous? A ton of people did this it's the most common thing to do with CFW
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then do it
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    dude, whatever
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not trying to hate, I tried to help you in the switch noob thread by asking for you, but you don't want to accept the answers you got, so do whatever then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that bigonya squeezing bulmas tiddies
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Man, first of all thanks for your willing to help, much appreciated. But, it's not that I "don't want to listen", rather than I need soemone to EXPLAIN to me how and why all these are risky.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Putting your dick in certain areas is always a risk
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    For example, HOW is is risky to get banned if you extract the save files to the CFW?
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    isn't this proccess be done while you're offline?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We are not Nintendo, so we don't know exactly how/why/when they ban, but better to stay on the safe side and not do shady stuff, if you don't want to be banned. Hayato is one of the most knowledgeable ones here on the subject and I believe what he says.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    300 bucks hmmm lol
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Yes ofc we don't know how Nintendo bans work, but if there are situations where a lot of people have tried safely then we can at least assume that this path is pretty much safe. To say don't try anything homebrew relative just to be safe forever is the easiest thing to say to someone. What I am trying to figure out here is with which cases and what actions got most of the people their bans for.
    A @ ATEMVEGETA: @BigOnYa, Yes ofc we don't know how Nintendo bans work, but if there are situations where a lot...