Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi

Can we flex our mod chip installs in a dedicated thread? I started yesterday my very first one and I would like to show some pics even for people to tell me how bad or how reasonable it is!

SeventyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Question
I saw SwitchMe by rebug and other DIY Payload/Dongle/Modchip Injector online and their threads. But what's the difference between these and the hwfly, sx core etc... modchips? And can SwitchMe and the other relative DIY stuff mod a V2 Switch with serial XKJ7?

Sorry if this sounds dumb but I really didn't see any post fully explaining it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question
I saw SwitchMe by rebug and other DIY Payload/Dongle/Modchip Injector online and their threads. But what's the difference between these and the hwfly, sx core etc... modchips? And can SwitchMe and the other relative DIY stuff mod a V2 Switch with serial XKJ7?

Sorry if this sounds dumb but I really didn't see any post fully explaining it.
Switchme is a modchip that uses the Fusee Gelee exploit in order to hack the Nintendo Switch. As such, it only works on consoles that are vulnerable to Fusee Gelee. Meaning Switchme will only work on unpatched Nintendo Switch consoles. The hwfly and SX Core modchips can be used to hack any Nintendo Switch console because they use a different exploit.

SeventyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Y
Switchme is a modchip that uses the Fusee Gelee exploit in order to hack the Nintendo Switch. As such, it only works on consoles that are vulnerable to Fusee Gelee. Meaning Switchme will only work on unpatched Nintendo Switch consoles. The hwfly and SX Core modchips can be used to hack any Nintendo Switch console because they use a different exploit.
Got it thanks. I googled a little and it seems that ALMOST everything needed to make a proper modchip for all the versions are actually available including FW dump etc, except the FPGA(1 of the 2 main chips on the SX Core modchip) FW. And it seems to have been secured in a way that makes it very hard to fetch what's inside. So... I guess we either wait much more or buy the damn 100$ modchips.

xicofcp

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.
Noob question here :)
I have an unpatched switch but when i inject hekate it’s always stuck on the logo.
I tried with different sd cards and I use different tutorials without success.
The switch it’s on 14.1.0
Anyone has an idea how can I fix this?

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello.
Noob question here :)
I have an unpatched switch but when i inject hekate it’s always stuck on the logo.
I tried with different sd cards and I use different tutorials without success.
The switch it’s on 14.1.0
Anyone has an idea how can I fix this?
What do you get if you hold Vol- when injecting? Can you at least get into Hekate menu?

Ichigo-Bankai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mmm, today I found something weird out. my tinwoo/awoo/whatever stopped working. When I try to install games from my pc to my switch, NSUSB is looking for my switch, but can't find it, but on my switch it says that there is a connection. what did I do:

1.) installed new drivers through the NS USB program on the pc. (usb drivers, did not work.)
2.) Fresh and clean installation of atmosphere (latest release 14.1.0 , did not work)
3.) tried another C-cable (did not work)
4.) tried another USB port (did not work)
5.) tried with goldleaf (installing/reinstalling new driver with Zadig, also did not work)

I have no idea what to do now. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmm, today I found something weird out. my tinwoo/awoo/whatever stopped working. When I try to install games from my pc to my switch, NSUSB is looking for my switch, but can't find it, but on my switch it says that there is a connection. what did I do:

1.) installed new drivers through the NS USB program on the pc. (usb drivers, did not work.)
2.) Fresh and clean installation of atmosphere (latest release 14.1.0 , did not work)
3.) tried another C-cable (did not work)
4.) tried another USB port (did not work)
5.) tried with goldleaf (installing/reinstalling new driver with Zadig, also did not work)

I have no idea what to do now. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

What driver are you using?

See if this thread helps:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-setting-up-dbi-installer-over-usb.591075/page-2#post-9780100

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmm I found something.. in the list of the MTP Responder it says :

USB3.0 Enabled: no.

could this shite be the issue?

That setting is just to enable faster speeds and will likely cause you more issues than good.

Do you see the device in device manager? Might have to delete the device and rescan to get it to add it again.

Ichigo-Bankai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
under device manager I see libusbK USB Devices and right under that Goldleaf.. dunno if thats good or not? should I delete it and scan again?
That setting is just to enable faster speeds and will likely cause you more issues than good.

Do you see the device in device manager? Might have to delete the device and rescan to get it to add it again.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deleted it then installed it over again/rescan.. no results.

Well crap. I just did a test and can't get mine to fail.

1649986320913.png

I made sure to select Awoo (I'm using Tinwoo) and am running the latest 2.7 version of Zadig.

Quickly running out of ideas here to be honest...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I'd like another 8 TB HDD yes thank you very much +1