Homebrew Homebrew app Guide to Setting up DBI Installer over USB?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The console gui of dbi installer is by far the best seen on switch scene. @duckbill007 done an incredible job!
Didn’t try as I’ve always used MTP , but I will give a “shot”. As for me, DBI is the best “installer/multi tools “, when dealing with installing, cleaning, and so more…

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: FelipeFares

FelipeFares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I'm Loving DBI!! But a have a small doubt.. When I use MTP, DBI alerts me that I'm not connecting thought USB 3.0, How Can I enable that?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, I'm Loving DBI!! But a have a small doubt.. When I use MTP, DBI alerts me that I'm not connecting thought USB 3.0, How Can I enable that?
USB 3.0
DBI supports USB 3.0. If you are using kefir, then USB 3.0 is active by default. Otherwise, you need to activate this function through the Atmosphere configuration files by writing in atmosphere \ config \ system_settings.ini:

[usb]
usb30_force_enabled = u8!0x1

Important - activiating USB 3.0 can interfere with bluetooth and 2.4GHz wifi connections. If you experience any connection issues with your wireless controllers or 2.4GHz wifi networks then you should not activate USB 3.0. 5GHz wifi connections should be generally unaffacted.

copy paste from the read.me in English.

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: FelipeFares

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What install speeds are you guys getting with DBI? Is 2-3MB/sec normal? Awoo would get speeds up to 40MB/sec

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
What install speeds are you guys getting with DBI? Is 2-3MB/sec normal
Nah I've got 45 MB/sec install speed with DBI and USB 3.0 active, 76 MB/sec on NAND dumping. In /atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini try to:
Code:
[usb]

Attachments

• usb3_nand-to-pc.jpg
    usb3_nand-to-pc.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 313
Last edited by mathew77,

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nah I've got 45 MB/sec install speed with DBI and USB 3.0 active, 76 MB/sec on NAND dumping. In /atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini try to:
Code:
[usb]
So installing to SD im averaging 2-3MB/s, I just tried to NAND and I'm getting 5-6MB/s.... USB 3.0 is enabled. Not sure whats going on here. @duckbill007 any idea?

EDIT - Tried another SD, able to get 50-75MB/s... old one must be busted.

Last edited by clancy94,

TouToTheHouYo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a weird problem. It's most probably something I've overlooked but I can't get DBI to install over USB.

I recently updated to Atmosphere 1.1.1, on OFW 11.0.1, DBI 330. The app opens fine and I can run the MTP Responder but whenever I select "Install title from USB" it refuses to recognize the DBI Backend program. It just counts down then backs out to the app's main menu.

I don't know what I'm missing. I've taken to transferring the NSPs over via MTP and installing from the SD card but naturally USB installations would be preferred. It's always worked before. I'm using a new computer and had to thus re-install the Zadig Switch driver to push payloads. Is there a secondary driver to install for DBI that I'm forgetting?

As ever, any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: To elaborate a bit further, when starting the server from the DBI Backend to start USB installation it reads "Waiting for Switch" repeatedly. When I select "Install from USB" in DBI on my Switch the DBI Backend stops repeating the message. That seems to indicate that the backend has recognized something but either isn't pushing the information to the DBI app or the app can't properly connect.

Last edited by TouToTheHouYo,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So installing to SD im averaging 2-3MB/s, I just tried to NAND and I'm getting 5-6MB/s.... USB 3.0 is enabled. Not sure whats going on here. @duckbill007 any idea?

EDIT - Tried another SD, able to get 50-75MB/s... old one must be busted.
I get usually around 30-40 MB/s with DBI without USB enabled 3.0 .

I will try on my current SD (sandisk 400 go) to see if there’s some major improvement on speed with USB 3.0 enabled.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I get usually around 30-40 MB/s with DBI without USB enabled 3.0 .

I will try on my current SD (sandisk 400 go) to see if there’s some major improvement on speed with USB 3.0 enabled.
Was there a significant increase?

I just ordered a new 512gb micro SD 🥲

Even thought I was only getting 3MB/s, installing via MTP is easily the best way to install over USB. Can't wait for full speed.

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Code:
[usb]

wow. 45 MBps. I only got 20 MBps. I must did something wrong ^^;
as I understand, I've enabled USB 3.0. I'll need to check again.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't use emunand and when I use DBI via MTP I get "NAND Install" as an option.
I have a friend that uses emuNand and he doesn't have "NAND Install" as an option, he only has "MicroSD Install" and "NAND User" "NAND Sytem" that I don't have. Is there a way to install files to the emuNand's internal memory? (Not the real Switch Nand memory) I know that if you use Awoo+ns-usbloader you can choose Internal storage and it install files on the emuNand's internal memory, is this a thing on DBI too? Is it only for people that don't use emunand like me? Why is that? Can I enable it on my friend's Switch?

Edit: I think it's just his DBI.config file, I don't know why it would be different because he would never edit that by himself but I will set NAND Install=true on it and I think that would be it

Last edited by Chuardo,

Jikolp

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I've got a weird problem. It's most probably something I've overlooked but I can't get DBI to install over USB.

I recently updated to Atmosphere 1.1.1, on OFW 11.0.1, DBI 330. The app opens fine and I can run the MTP Responder but whenever I select "Install title from USB" it refuses to recognize the DBI Backend program. It just counts down then backs out to the app's main menu.

I don't know what I'm missing. I've taken to transferring the NSPs over via MTP and installing from the SD card but naturally USB installations would be preferred. It's always worked before. I'm using a new computer and had to thus re-install the Zadig Switch driver to push payloads. Is there a secondary driver to install for DBI that I'm forgetting?

As ever, any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: To elaborate a bit further, when starting the server from the DBI Backend to start USB installation it reads "Waiting for Switch" repeatedly. When I select "Install from USB" in DBI on my Switch the DBI Backend stops repeating the message. That seems to indicate that the backend has recognized something but either isn't pushing the information to the DBI app or the app can't properly connect.
I recently fresh install the Windows 11. The problem you mention just same as mine. However, I managed to fix this.

Your computer should detected a "DBI" with no driver in Device Manager once you select "Install title from USB". You just need to open Zadig and install the "libusbK" driver to the "DBI". The end result should be like this.

1636820205732.png

HTH.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently fresh install the Windows 11. The problem you mention just same as mine. However, I managed to fix this.

Your computer should detected a "DBI" with no driver in Device Manager once you select "Install title from USB". You just need to open Zadig and install the "libusbK" driver to the "DBI". The end result should be like this.

View attachment 284574

HTH.

There are two unique DBI driver scenarios:

1) The hint above from @Jikolp solves the driver issue for "Install title from USB".

Dowload Zadig from here: https://zadig.akeo.ie/

Connect and find DBI device. Install libusbK driver. Enjoy!

7585C5EE-07CE-4527-98F2-9F34B902693C.jpeg

2) This hint from @arabtm solves the driver issue for " Run MTP responder".
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dbi-usb...e-on-2-out-of-3-usb-port.589818/#post-9499180

Again, there are two different solutions for two different methods. The switch presents itself as completely different devices (first one is detected as DBA while the second is detected as Switch) with completely different drivers.

Doing this solved my issues for both methods...everything DBI just works now!

Thanks @Jikolp and @arabtm

Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1