Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

husky3g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have an older Switch that I RCM and flashed a payload. Installed a few games. What sort of actions can get the console banned from Switch Online? How can I avoid getting my console banned? I typically leave the internet disconnected on it unless I'm streaming my PC games with Moonlight.

Also, I've been updating my games direct from Nintendo. (nsz installs) rather than download the patches and installing manually and they still seem to work.

I'm not 100% informed as to how to keep my switch from getting banned. Any videos on the subject?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have an older Switch that I RCM and flashed a payload. Installed a few games. What sort of actions can get the console banned from Switch Online? How can I avoid getting my console banned? I typically leave the internet disconnected on it unless I'm streaming my PC games with Moonlight.

Also, I've been updating my games direct from Nintendo. (nsz installs) rather than download the patches and installing manually and they still seem to work.

I'm not 100% informed as to how to keep my switch from getting banned. Any videos on the subject?

This is the Switch Ban Hub https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/ where folks talk about what got them banned. Nothing is 100% and things that worked in the past are not guaranteed to work tomorrow.

You should be running exosphere to minimize risk. Check out the 3rd bullet onward of the 3rd step here: https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND

• Create the file exosphere.ini in the root of your SD card and paste this inside (this step is needed in order to blank your prodinfo so that you can avoid getting your switch banned):
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

• Afterwards create a file named default.txt in /atmosphere/hosts/ (the hosts folder won't exist, so make sure to create it) and paste this in your default.txt file (this step is prevents you from connecting to Nintendo's servers):

# Block Nintendo Servers
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

As for the updates, are you saying you go online and update your questionable .nsp installs using Ninty’s servers?

If so then you’re likely a dead man walking already and none of these preventative measures probably matter anyway, but let’s hear what you have to say…

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just bought an original SXOS chip and if customs don't f... me up, I'll get the chip in a week or 2 maybe. No idea. It's crossing the Atlantic from USA to southwestern Europe. But I need to purchase the cables. I will try to install this chip in an OLED console. So, what are the best options (links, if possible) to install an original SXOS into an OLED console?

This is a complex journey with a huge payoff At the end. Highly recommend you dive deep and ask questions in the following threads:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-oled-alt-point-for-modchip-install.601394/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-oled-teardown-v1-v2.600550/

Sthetix has some install videos on his site but again, highly recommend you pay some dues in the threads above.

https://www.sthetix.info/nintendo-switch/

Reactions: HelloShitty

steamcheapcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my Switch a while back but lost the payload files. I have emuNand.

I have a brand new RCMLoader. I put the latest Atmosphere on it. It booted but all my games were corrupted and trying to access HBMenu gave me an error. So I decided to start over.

I deleted the files on my SD card (leaving the partitions intact). I went to https://switch.homebrew.guide/hacking/fuseegelee/sdsetup and followed Step 1, then copied the files in the "sd" folder to the root of my SD card, still partitioned as before. This is all I did. The guide says I'm done here, I guess, but this sure seems a lot less complicated than what I remember. The guide never told me to do anything with the "payloads" folder from the sdsetup.com files.

So I boot with my RCMLoader and it boots into my stock firmware. What am I doing wrong?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my Switch a while back but lost the payload files. I have emuNand.

I have a brand new RCMLoader. I put the latest Atmosphere on it. It booted but all my games were corrupted and trying to access HBMenu gave me an error.

I deleted the files on my SD card (leaving the partitions intact). I went to https://switch.homebrew.guide/hacking/fuseegelee/sdsetup and followed Step 1, then copied the files in the "sd" folder to the root of my SD card, still partitioned as before. This is all I did. The guide says I'm done here, I guess, but this sure seems a lot less complicated than what I remember. The guide never told me to do anything with the "payloads" folder from the sdsetup.com files.

So I boot with my RCMLoader and it boots into my stock firmware. What am I doing wrong?
What was the error code you got when trying to access the HBMenu? And how do you know you are booting into stock firmware? Stock and CFW look nearly identical. Lastly, your games may be corrupted due to a lack of patches. You can download them from this thread.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
This is a complex journey with a huge payoff At the end. Highly recommend you dive deep and ask questions in the following threads:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-oled-alt-point-for-modchip-install.601394/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-oled-teardown-v1-v2.600550/

Sthetix has some install videos on his site but again, highly recommend you pay some dues in the threads above.

https://www.sthetix.info/nintendo-switch/
Can you point me the best cables for SXOS + OLED in Aliexpress or similar, please?
I have saved those threads to have a look when I have it all in my hand!

steamcheapcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the error code you got when trying to access the HBMenu? And how do you know you are booting into stock firmware? Stock and CFW look nearly identical. Lastly, your games may be corrupted due to a lack of patches. You can download them from this thread.

I don't remember what the HBMenu error was. I know I'm booting into stock firmware because I only see games on the menu that I have inserted cards for in the past, but none of the additional "apps" that I installed. Whereas when I booted into RCM before (and got the corrupted errors, etc., roughly an hour ago) I saw all of the extra stuff I had installed.

I probably did need some patches but I think it's too late at this point because I deleted everything on my SD card. I'm totally happy starting over, but just trying to figure out how.

steamcheapcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I boot it shows the Atmosphere splash screen, but then when I'm at the Switch home menu and I hold R and hit A, it just asks me to update, and when I click Start Game it asks me to insert a game card. If I am in Atmosphere, I'm not sure what I need to do to get into Homebrew Menu

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I boot it shows the Atmosphere splash screen, but then when I'm at the Switch home menu and I hold R and hit A, it just asks me to update, and when I click Start Game it asks me to insert a game card. If I am in Atmosphere, I'm not sure what I need to do to get into Homebrew Menu
What are you holding R and hitting A on?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you point me the best cables for SXOS + OLED in Aliexpress or similar, please?
I have saved those threads to have a look when I have it all in my hand!

They go over the best wires to use in the two threads provided.

Pantonio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lakka getting stuck on flower boot screen, Latest Lakka 3.6.7, Latest Hetake 5.7.0, latest atmosphere 1.2.6, latest firmware 13.2.1​

Any ideas? I tried using an older version of Lakka 3.4.7 as suggested in another post, but still getting stuck on flower boot screen, also used latest nightly build and still getting stuck on flower boot screen, tried using an older version of Hetake, 5.5.6, and also getting stuck on flower boot screen

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lakka getting stuck on flower boot screen, Latest Lakka 3.6.7, Latest Hetake 5.7.0, latest atmosphere 1.2.6, latest firmware 13.2.1​

Any ideas? I tried using an older version of Lakka 3.4.7 as suggested in another post, but still getting stuck on flower boot screen, also used latest nightly build and still getting stuck on flower boot screen, tried using an older version of Hetake, 5.5.6, and also getting stuck on flower boot screen

Interesting that it didn’t get fixed by downgrading Hekate…

There’s more things we can try if we move beyond it being an issue with Hekate.

Maybe move/rename retroarch.cfg and try again?

edit: it’s located under lakk/storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

edit2: you might want to completely clear out Lakka and reinstall by moving your current /lakka directory to /lakk.backup and then unzipping a new copy to /lakka and try booting again.

Pantonio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting that it didn’t get fixed by downgrading Hekate…

There’s more things we can try if we move beyond it being an issue with Hekate.

Maybe move/rename retroarch.cfg and try again?

edit: it’s located under lakk/storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

edit2: you might want to completely clear out Lakka and reinstall by moving your current /lakka directory to /lakk.backup and then unzipping a new copy to /lakka and try booting again.
I'm wondering if I should just wait for the next nightly build, hopefully that might work. How would renaming or moving the retroarch.cfg help? I will try it though, if it works I will provide that update

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if I should just wait for the next nightly build, hopefully that might work. How would renaming or moving the retroarch.cfg help? I will try it though, if it works I will provide that update
If retroarch can’t start it will hang at the flower logo. Renaming it will reset your configs to default which is sure to not block a proper boot. If it doesn’t work, we can simply move it back and we’re back to where we were. Same thing I’m suggesting by moving the entire /lakka directory to /lakka.backup and unzipping a new copy from the source.zip file to /lakka. If it doesn’t work we have the original as /lakka.backup. Just trying to get you booting again so we have something good to compare against.

edit: we’ve rolled everything back (Hekate/Lakka) so it’s not likely a bug in either but a config that’s specific to your setup. A new version of Lakka is unlikely to fix this sort of error if it ends up being the case. Right now I’m guessing it’s a config file that’s not being overwritten when you unzip over the top of the same directory. Retroarch.cfg is just a usual first suspect…if that’s not it, we cast the net wider and move the entire /lakka directory out of the way.

Pantonio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If retroarch can’t start it will hang at the flower logo. Renaming it will reset your configs to default which is sure to not block a proper boot. If it doesn’t work, we can simply move it back and we’re back to where we were. Same thing I’m suggesting by moving the entire /lakka directory to /lakka.backup and unzipping a new copy from the source.zip file to /lakka. If it doesn’t work we have the original as /lakka.backup. Just trying to get you booting again so we have something good to compare against.

edit: we’ve rolled everything back (Hekate/Lakka) so it’s not likely a bug in either but a config that’s specific to your setup. A new version of Lakka is unlikely to fix this sort of error if it ends up being the case. Right now I’m guessing it’s a config file that’s not being overwritten when you unzip over the top of the same directory. Retroarch.cfg is just a usual first suspect…if that’s not it, we cast the net wider and move the entire /lakka directory out of the way.
My Lakka storage folder is completely empty in all of the compressed installation files I have for Lakka, so there is no retroarch.cfg file in any of the Lakka installation .7z files that I have

Pantonio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Lakka storage folder is completely empty in all of the compressed installation files I have for Lakka, so there is no retroarch.cfg file in any of the Lakka installation .7z files that I have
In my latest attempt, I am running Hekate 5.7.0, and Lakka version 3.4.7, atmosphere 1.2.6, firmware 13.2.1, still gets stuck on flower logo screen

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my latest attempt, I am running Hekate 5.7.0, and Lakka version 3.4.7, atmosphere 1.2.6, firmware 13.2.1, still gets stuck on flower logo screen

Are you removing the entire /lakka folder when replacing it with the contents of the new .zip? (I.e. starting from scratch)

Under /bootloader what does the lakka entry look like in your .ini file?

This is interesting:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/lakka-doesnt-boot-up.577418/#post-9293831

worked for this guy in the same thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/lakka-doesnt-boot-up.577418/page-2#post-9743512

His:
StarDust CFW 13.2.1
AMS (Atmosphere) 1.2.6|S
Hekate 5.7.0/Nyx 1.2.0
Lakka 3.6

Yours:
firmware 13.2.1
atmosphere 1.2.6
Hekate 5.7.0
Lakka version 3.4.7

edit: reading through the chatter on RetroNX on discord.

This might be interesting.
https://nightly.builds.lakka.tv/members/vudiq/Lakka-4.0-devel/Switch.aarch64/

Pantonio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you removing the entire /lakka folder when replacing it with the contents of the new .zip? (I.e. starting from scratch)

Under /bootloader what does the lakka entry look like in your .ini file?

This is interesting:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/lakka-doesnt-boot-up.577418/#post-9293831

worked for this guy in the same thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/lakka-doesnt-boot-up.577418/page-2#post-9743512

His:
StarDust CFW 13.2.1
AMS (Atmosphere) 1.2.6|S
Hekate 5.7.0/Nyx 1.2.0
Lakka 3.6

Yours:
firmware 13.2.1
atmosphere 1.2.6
Hekate 5.7.0
Lakka version 3.4.7

edit: reading through the chatter on RetroNX on discord.

This might be interesting.
https://nightly.builds.lakka.tv/members/vudiq/Lakka-4.0-devel/Switch.aarch64/
Tried updating to Lakka version 3.6 and then added the updated coreboot.rom file. Now it just goes to a black screen, and doesn't get to the flower splash screen. Here are the contents of my Lakka.ini file:

[Lakka]
payload=lakka/coreboot.rom
logopath=lakka/splash.bmp
id=SWR-LAK
icon=lakka/icon_lakka_hue.bmp

So now running like this:

Yours:
firmware 13.2.1
atmosphere 1.2.6
Hekate 5.7.0
Lakka version 3.6
Coreboot file: updated

Now it just goes to a black screen. One thing I noticed is that in the zipfile for the new coreboot.rom file, there is another file named tegra210-nintendo-switch.dtb. There was no file in the Lakka folder named that before. Should I rename this file and replace the existing file in the folder that was named tegra210-icosa.dtb? I am willing to try anything at this point

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)